IGNORED

Cardiff home

weepywall

So next Saturday sees our friends from over the bridge visiting. Identical current form over the last 6 although they are on minus 5 gd and we are on 0 gd. Big game this..if we roll over and lose this one things could turn a little nasty towards Manning and those above I feel. Need a positive performance and result.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Whitchurch said:

It never gets “toxic” at ashton gate anymore 

I guess that depends where you are in the ground. In the singing section it was pretty toxic for the Boro home game when we went 2 - 2 and at the end of the QPR game last week. 

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Yep. Always better to just pretend everything is rosie. 

But this comes back to low expectations generally. “We want promotion” is akin to most of us “wanting a nice life”. It’s a vague ambition rather than being something that is demanded and supported financially.

The owners actually don’t want the boat rocked. They would quite like success in terms of promotion, but only on their terms. Which means no challenge to the hierarchy. Fortunately for them, they have such a passive set of supporters, used to decades of under achievement and disappointment, that they can get away with it!

That said, lose the next 3 games, which is entirely possible, and by the time of the home game against Leicester, those attending Ashton Gate might be more vocal in their disapproval. But then again maybe not…

• Like 4

ST holder. Do I go to the match, leaving home just after breakfast? Watching a dull game that will probably end in humiliating defeat?

Or stay here, start the evenings bolognese, and get on with plenty of other things like gardening, laying paving slabs in back garden, track-laying on my latest model railway?

What should I do? Advice please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

ST holder. Do I go to the match, leaving home just after breakfast? Watching a dull game that will probably end in humiliating defeat?

Or stay here, start the evenings bolognese, and get on with plenty of other things like gardening, laying paving slabs in back garden, track-laying on my latest model railway?

You know you’ll go to football 😂 it’s the hope that kills us

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If you go, we'll lose a boring match to a late own goal and, if you don't go, you'll miss a stunning 7-1 Bristol City victory....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Yep, there is no good will left for the hierarchy except from the most happy clapping fans so things will get ugly if we lose to Cardiff for sure.

I can take losing, we all can we are City fans after all but it’s the manner of the defeats that are so galling. 

Our team looks disinterested and is clearly not playing for the manager. Watch Mannings manner on the defeat yesterday he already looks broken. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He needs to chill out why if have billions would you do **** all ?

1 hour ago, Whitchurch said:

The crowd have become too engrossed in their phones to actually look up and watch the dross that is dished up.

I am a season ticket in the Dolman....very rarely walk away content with the performance. The inconsistency genuinely ruins my weekend each week. It's the audacity that the players also walk around clapping after a crap performance.....

Rant over....off for a tea and biscuit(s) to calm down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

People think we should compete in every game. That really isn’t to much to ask. 

Sure, but you're using an example of a game where we were drawing 2-2. Granted, we had just conceded two quick goals in succession having been 2-up but I'm still not sure you can call drawing 2-2 at home "not competing". 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

I guess that depends where you are in the ground. In the singing section it was pretty toxic for the Boro home game when we went 2 - 2 and at the end of the QPR game last week. 

They put their hoods up and adjusted their face coverings ………toxic🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I'm no happy clapper by any means, but this post smacks of you thinking we should win every game we play.

In what way? I'm just stating what I observed from where I stand, and on those two occasions in particular it's been toxic. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Get a slow cooker, sir. First thing in the morning, brown some chicken breasts, sweat some onions, add some other stuff like carrots, celery and so on, a slosh of red wine, a bit of stock, a bit that, transfer to said cooker, set on "low" and set off for the match. Return to tender coq au van, pour a large slosh in a glass of van der rouge and tune into otib, delicious. Mmmmm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sure, but you're using an example of a game where we were drawing 2-2. Granted, we had just conceded two quick goals in succession having been 2-up but I'm still not sure you can call drawing 2-2 at home "not competing". 

Just realised I'm talking nonsense in this post as @REDOXOwasn't the person who had mentioned the Boro game. Sorry!

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I've got some cornus sanguinea that need planting if you've got 5 minutes. And some paving slabs that need laying, come to think of it.

Got to be more fun than Manningball.

• Haha 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Whitchurch said:

I'd say Swansea are more likely to of our two upcoming visitors to play up, but hopefully there'll be that old fashioned edge to the game that gets the ground rocking 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd say Swansea are more likely to of our two upcoming visitors to play up, but hopefully there'll be that old fashioned edge to the game that gets the ground rocking 

Think it will be the same this Saturday. Sold out away end (2,500 or 3,400?) …… after that debacle yesterday, Manning and the players simply need to put on a Southampton-standard performance

Edited by Loosey Boy
  • Like 3