IGNORED

Cardiff home

weepywall

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think it will be the same this Saturday. Sold out away end (2,500 or 3,400?) …… after that debacle yesterday, Manning and the players simply need to put on a Southampton-standard performance

I've given them probably too much grace up to now, to me Saturday is now the time for Manning and all those on the pitch to prove they want to be at OUR club 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

ST holder. Do I go to the match, leaving home just after breakfast? Watching a dull game that will probably end in humiliating defeat?

Or stay here, start the evenings bolognese, and get on with plenty of other things like gardening, laying paving slabs in back garden, track-laying on my latest model railway?

What should I do? Advice please.

got boxfulls of oo gauge track/locos/rolling stock etc maybe we can set up in Cardiffs`s pen area as BCFC wont be using it next game?

• Haha 1

Not just this game but the next 5. The 2 Welsh clubs at home, Ipswich and West Brom away and then Leicester on Good Friday. All loseable with our current form. We need at least 1 win and a draw in the games v Cardiff and Swansea as I can't see much change in the other 3.

Lose 4 of these games and we could be significantly closer to the drop zone 

Not sure this will be a particularly unanimous opinion but I'm glad this is our next game. I was frustrated as anyone on Saturday afternoon (no less because it was only the second away day I've got to this season - and the second defeat!), but I was actually surprised at the level of the backlash on here. I've been hyper-critical of the ownership since the Pearson debacle of October, so I am feeling a little vindicated. And I stand by the view that we don't achieve promotion to the top tier with them in control.

But. I blame little to none of our current sorry state on Manning. He's not got us playing well enough, but I think that's in no small part linked to a clash between the personnel we have (a squad I like by the way) and how he wants to play. So he will need windows and time. Not his fault, another Lansdown error. Seeing a vote 60% in favour of Manning out shook me a little and kind of inspired me to write this post. 

He is here, and I don't think we want to be a three-manager-a-season kind of club. We also don't want to be pissing money away on paying up contracts. And, I do think he knows his stuff. There's a good football brain in there. Saturday is a great opportunity to do our Severnside rivals and get some feel-good back amongst the club. We have nothing to play for this season, but a derby always matters. I'm excited to get to AG nice and early, hopefully be part of a loud, hostile atmosphere, and be seeing some Manning fist pumps at 14:30. UTC. 

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not sure this will be a particularly unanimous opinion but I'm glad this is our next game. I was frustrated as anyone on Saturday afternoon (no less because it was only the second away day I've got to this season - and the second defeat!), but I was actually surprised at the level of the backlash on here. I've been hyper-critical of the ownership since the Pearson debacle of October, so I am feeling a little vindicated. And I stand by the view that we don't achieve promotion to the top tier with them in control.

But. I blame little to none of our current sorry state on Manning. He's not got us playing well enough, but I think that's in no small part linked to a clash between the personnel we have (a squad I like by the way) and how he wants to play. So he will need windows and time. Not his fault, another Lansdown error. Seeing a vote 60% in favour of Manning out shook me a little and kind of inspired me to write this post. 

He is here, and I don't think we want to be a three-manager-a-season kind of club. We also don't want to be pissing money away on paying up contracts. And, I do think he knows his stuff. There's a good football brain in there. Saturday is a great opportunity to do our Severnside rivals and get some feel-good back amongst the club. We have nothing to play for this season, but a derby always matters. I'm excited to get to AG nice and early, hopefully be part of a loud, hostile atmosphere, and be seeing some Manning fist pumps at 14:30. UTC. 

First and foremost Manning doesn't seem to be able to adapt. If Plan A goes well, we look decent if we get sussed out which seems to be happening more often than not then Manning looks like a rabbit in the headlights. I think we will be ok in that we won't get relegated but that is hardly an aspiration is it? I keep hearing and reading that once the summer has come and gone we will be looking better and to be within a top 6 finish. I just can't see it myself.

I'm one of 8 of us coming up from Devon on the train for the Cardiff game and booked it all a few weeks ago. Got a crate of Natch and will be on the first can by the time the train leaves at 8:28am.

Most of us a travelling in hope rather than expectation. I've been having nightmares about Fam scoring the winner and tapping his head in front of the South Stand.

COYR

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

First and foremost Manning doesn't seem to be able to adapt. If Plan A goes well, we look decent if we get sussed out which seems to be happening more often than not then Manning looks like a rabbit in the headlights. I think we will be ok in that we won't get relegated but that is hardly an aspiration is it? I keep hearing and reading that once the summer has come and gone we will be looking better and to be within a top 6 finish. I just can't see it myself.

I'm one of 8 of us coming up from Devon on the train for the Cardiff game and booked it all a few weeks ago. Got a crate of Natch and will be on the first can by the time the train leaves at 8:28am.

Most of us a travelling in hope rather than expectation. I've been having nightmares about Fam scoring the winner and tapping his head in front of the South Stand.

COYR

I know we've seen some shite under LM but it is still relatively early days and when it has worked, it has worked really well. We've got to stay behind him and the team for now, especially going into a derby. Not much of the season left, let's stay with them. COD and Fam... we have to keep them two quiet. I couldn't cope with one of them scoring a winner 🤣

Enjoy your day mate and hope the eight of you see that crate off and bring the noise :D 

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I know we've seen some shite under LM but it is still relatively early days and when it has worked, it has worked really well. We've got to stay behind him and the team for now, especially going into a derby. Not much of the season left, let's stay with them. COD and Fam... we have to keep them two quiet. I couldn't cope with one of them scoring a winner 🤣

Enjoy your day mate and hope the eight of you see that crate off and bring the noise :D 

Cheers Gav. The crate is just for me and one other. The rest of them can get their own 😃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, supercidered said:

COYR

For me our failure to sign a decent striker in the last 5 or more years is our main problem. There are not too many other ways to play if you are unable to compete in the air or hold the ball up bringing others into play. We don't even show much pace since Tommy did his hamstring, so we have to try and create unmissable tap ins or rely of flukes.

• Like 3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For me our failure to sign a decent striker in the last 5 or more years is our main problem. There are not too many other ways to play if you are unable to compete in the air or hold the ball up bringing others into play. We don't even show much pace since Tommy did his hamstring, so we have to try and create unmissable tap ins or rely of flukes.

Very valid point and does beg the question why so many different regimes have failed 

• Like 1

I was a huge fan of Nigel Pearson and was gutted/furious when he left. I've also been very unimpressed with Manning thus far (FA Cup matches aside). However, I think Cardiff City are the idea opponents for us at the moment. A derby game, in front of a big crowd, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a 3-0 City victory. I've not felt optimistic going into any game under Manning, so I don't know where this feeling comes from...but I like it. COYR

• Like 2

18 hours ago, supercidered said:

I've been having nightmares about Fam scoring the winner and tapping his head in front of the South Stand.

Oh bugger.   Now you’ve done it!! This will be like a visionary version of an ear worm until 2.30 Saturday when hopefully it’ll have gone away! 

• Haha 1

On 25/02/2024 at 18:34, phantom said:

I've given them probably too much grace up to now, to me Saturday is now the time for Manning and all those on the pitch to prove they want to be at OUR club 

I've said on various threads I planned to give him until Feb (end of) to settle , that would have been Vs Wednesday , but now I think Saturday night would be a good time to take stock. 
3 months in & one window , though not ideal it seems Cardiff is almost a line in the sand moment. 

2 good wins against more open sides but absolutely clueless against 2 battling relegation sides . That last game clearly hurt everyone. LM almost looked in tears, the players looked lost and frustrated and far from the week on the training ground improving things, we looked worse.

Manning said to Bristol City Live “I can’t control what fans think, or what assessments are made, what I can control is we have to make sure that we improve and we’re better next week "

Sounds like he's on the defensive already and he must be feeling the pressure . I doubt there are many that don't think some of the pressure comes from when the change of Manager came, which wasn't his fault . Imagine it happened at the end of the season, same players brought in and some time to assess what we have as a squad. Then a full pre season to work with them. Could have made all the difference, who knows. 

As it is , Cardiff almost feels like he is playing for his job which is (or should be) ridiculous after such a short time. 

Saturdays plans;
Beers at 10am.
Team sheet at 11am , with added WTF is he doing ;)

Match ⚽ :yawn:🔴🔴

Eureka moment or requiem for a Boss, and bunting or meltdown on here. 

I always look forward to the weekend. :city:

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

I've looked at Cardiff's forum. They are all looking forward to the return from injury of ...... Callum O'Dowda, even if only a sub. One quote is;

providing o'dowda hasnt regressed in skill, he will be a huge lift to our transition and attacking play

Let’s hope they don’t give away a match programme, should hate to see all those paper aeroplanes landing on the pitch.

I kept mine😃

A similar display to QPR and SW and serious questions need to be asked, I presume Cardiff will sit back in a similar fashion, why wouldn’t you if you’ve watched the videos of those two displays?

Our record against the teams at the wrong end of the table is abysmal and needs to change.

6-0 to us this time.

9 hours ago, 22A said:

I've looked at Cardiff's forum. They are all looking forward to the return from injury of ...... Callum O'Dowda, even if only a sub. One quote is;

providing o'dowda hasnt regressed in skill, he will be a huge lift to our transition and attacking play

Spent most of his career returning from an injury as far as I can remember.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do think a derby game is ideal for LM. If the players aren’t up for it then there can’t be any excuse, and I don’t think Cardiff fans would accept their side playing for the draw, so hopefully it will be the sort of game that suits us and we can get back to winning ways.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Famara (Big Dave)

You just know what’s going to happen don’t you ?

Only scored 11 in 54 since he left us, none so far for Cardiff = 88th minute winner  obviously. :facepalm:

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Famara (Big Dave)

You just know what’s going to happen don’t you ? 🙄🙄🙄

Any idea of Cardiff allocation ?

No doubt sold out 

Yeah sold out, they have a limited allocation of 2,200

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Only scored 11 in 54 since he left us, none so far for Cardiff = 88th minute winner  obviously. :facepalm:

As always I would say he will be more of a threat in defence

• Haha 1