IGNORED

Cardiff home

weepywall

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yeah sold out, they have a limited allocation of 2,200

Don't want to overcrowd those toilets. 🚽

As always I would say he will be more of a threat in defence

TBF he was around 1 in 3 for us , would be happy for someone doing that about now. 

Yeah sold out, they have a limited allocation of 2,200

That is positive news.

I hope we are becoming a bit more selective with away allocations. Thinking two or three clubs who have sold us short for no discernible reason this season in the League.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is positive news.

I hope we are becoming a bit more selective with away allocations. Thinking two or three clubs who have sold us short for no discernible reason this season in the League.

Sadly Cardiff may not be so accommodating to us in the future giving us extra allocation

So ultimately it is us that will lose out

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly Cardiff may not be so accommodating to us in the future giving us extra allocation

I wasn't even thinking so much of Cardiff albeit that is oddly low. Can only assume Safety Advisory Group input.

Birmingham and WBA are the two who stick out, having given us around 2k apiece this season. Perhaps there are some others.

Indeed, £23 tickets and 3300 allocation for last couple of games at Legoland, we repay with £35 tickets and cut their allocation? I have not seen this on their forum though. Why do our club constantly have to rip off the fans of clubs who give us cheap tickets

• Like 6

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wasn't even thinking so much of Cardiff albeit that is oddly low. Can only assume Safety Advisory Group input.

Birmingham and WBA are the two who stick out, having given us around 2k apiece this season. Perhaps there are some others.

Swings and roundabouts, though the two you mention it isn't possible to have any larger allocations due to the positioning of home fans

13 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Indeed, £23 tickets and 3300 allocation for last couple of games at Legoland, we repay with £35 tickets and cut their allocation? I have not seen this on their forum though. Why do our club constantly have to rip off the fans of clubs who give us cheap tickets

It’s Swansea they should be more wary of, things have gone up a notch with them in recent years , home and away . They have had their allocation cut aswell to 2503 

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese
  • Like 1

On 27/02/2024 at 12:31, DolmanGaz said:

I can't remember ever seeing banners at AG wanting our managers sacked, yet they are 10 a penny in the prem, look at those deluded West Ham fans last week, or the Crystal Palace fans! 

Because the dictatorship would have you ejected.

41 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Because they are viewed as plebs.

As are we.

46 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

It’s Swansea they should be more wary of, things have gone up a notch with them in recent years , home and away . They have had their allocation cut aswell to 2503 

Club or Safety Advisory Group Idk.

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

Swings and roundabouts, though the two you mention it isn't possible to have any larger allocations due to the positioning of home fans

Not been to either although I'm sure it used to be more at St Andrews certainly.

On 26/02/2024 at 13:54, supercidered said:

First and foremost Manning doesn't seem to be able to adapt. If Plan A goes well, we look decent if we get sussed out which seems to be happening more often than not then Manning looks like a rabbit in the headlights. I think we will be ok in that we won't get relegated but that is hardly an aspiration is it? I keep hearing and reading that once the summer has come and gone we will be looking better and to be within a top 6 finish. I just can't see it myself.

I'm one of 8 of us coming up from Devon on the train for the Cardiff game and booked it all a few weeks ago. Got a crate of Natch and will be on the first can by the time the train leaves at 8:28am.

Most of us a travelling in hope rather than expectation. I've been having nightmares about Fam scoring the winner and tapping his head in front of the South Stand.

COYR

It feels like our Devon fanbase is growing every year. I might be on the same train, especially now you’ve mentioned Natch! 

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is positive news.

Did this have anything to do with the damage they caused here?

Cardiff score most of their goals through set pieces so providing we defend better than of late we should be fine. My Wife is a Cardiff season ticket holder and i stood in the Canton End with her for the Preston game the other week and they were pretty poor after a bright opening 20 minutes. They seem to rely on very experienced players and have quite a mish mash of players. Ng is decent and Colvill could be decent if they gave him more opportunities.

4 minutes ago, RumneyRed said:

Cardiff score most of their goals through set pieces so providing we defend better than of late we should be fine. My Wife is a Cardiff season ticket holder and i stood in the Canton End with her for the Preston game the other week and they were pretty poor after a bright opening 20 minutes. They seem to rely on very experienced players and have quite a mish mash of players. Ng is decent and Colvill could be decent if they gave him more opportunities.

Mentioned the risk from set pieces in reply to one of Davefevs’s posts of statistics. Scored more from set pieces than any other club at this level this season (12) so we definitely need to be practising defending corners and free kicks this week.

• Like 1

Thats my main worry. This is a major game in our household as my youngest stepson is an avid Robin and my middle stepson equally as avid a Bluebird. It's a game i can only enjoy if we win. I find a lot of similarities in the fan bases of both clubs. It's strange how often this fixture has culminated in the sacking of a manager of one of the sides. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Mentioned the risk from set pieces in reply to one of Davefevs’s posts of statistics. Scored more from set pieces than any other club at this level this season (12) so we definitely need to be practising defending corners and free kicks this week.

IMG_9918.thumb.jpeg.49ad8a81159969e118a402cf6e6089fb.jpeg

Anyone got James Krause’s mobile or email?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

When we still had terraced ends to fill. Sure we took more  every where. No one seemed so bothered by the exact number then. Pod made it easier.

Different days. Everywhere.

Blame all-seater, blame or indeed in some ways praise aspects of modern culture but the impact for better,  worse or both is undeniable.

5 hours ago, RumneyRed said:

We (Cardiff) have been terrible to watch this season. Trying to play it out from the back, passing it square and backwards all the time. Our defenders, who aren't comfortable on the ball, invite pressure on themselves. Our midfield players are all a muchness, they are just too defensive. We play with 'inverted' wide players, which means they have to keep cutting inside to bring the ball onto their stronger foot, it makes them so easy to predict.

Please, don't get me started on our strikers!

We are great at giving confidence back to those teams who are going through a sticky patch form-wise. Our so-called 'press' is laughable - it usually consists of our striker, Etete, jogging towards the defender with the ball and then following the ball like a dog chasing his tail and the defenders pass it around him in triangles.

I can't see where our goals are going to come from, to be honest.

BTW: I lived in Rumney for many years, not a bad place to live. It was always quite a hotbed of Cardiff fans in the area. I lived on the top of Rumney Hill at the back of the now-demolished Carpenter's Arms pub.

I think all teams now play out from the back passing it side to side just like the chuckle brothers

You to me,me to you etc.

I prefer just a goal keeper punt up towards the half way line,two things are then going to happen the ball will keep going or come back towards the defence.

I recall when we played Forest in 1989,you could see that Joe said don't give away any free kicks near the penalty area box lines and do your best not to give away any stupid corners

So if Ka-diff break away,tackle the player just after they cross the half way line not when they are nearly on the penalty box area lines.

The comment that it does slow down the attacker,and gives our defenders time to get back towards the penalty is garbage

Take the ball off the attackers on the half way line

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

'Severnside Derby' - what a load of crap that is. 

We don't like eachother much, but I hate this term for this match. Always seems like we care more about them than they do us as well (alas Swindon towards City).

I would say there is a clear correlation between the use of 'Severnside Derby' starting maybe 10 years ago and the watering down of the rivalry.

I agree with your second point and it's no doubt as they have Swansea as their main derby every year whereas ours is Cardiff

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I would say there is a clear correlation between the use of 'Severnside Derby' starting maybe 10 years ago and the watering down of the rivalry.

I agree with your second point and it's no doubt as they have Swansea as their main derby every year whereas ours is Cardiff

For me I care as much about losing to Cardiff as I would Sheffield Wednesday. There was a lot of violence between the two sets of fans years ago, but I just think we're trying to force a 'derby' by coining it with Severnside. 

15 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

It feels like our Devon fanbase is growing every year. I might be on the same train, especially now you’ve mentioned Natch! 

I see you are in Teignmouth and our train stops there on Saturday which is the one that gets in to BTM at about 10:15. You are welcome to a can of Natch if you are on the same train.

• Like 1