IGNORED

Ayman Benarous

Malago

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Good luck to benarous, would be great to see him get some minutes before the end of the season. As an aside, that basic passing drill,,surely thats under 10s stuff, and yet some of them were off target?!

That’s my concern too. I get that people have reservations about Mannings coaching ability, but the serious lack of basic footballing ability (10 yard passes, throw ins that bounce up waist height to the recipient) or a poor footballing brain (passes onto the wrong favoured foot or behind a player and not in front of them to step on to or just aimlessly heading it towards the centre of the pitch) we could have 20 world class coaches and we’d still struggle.

• Like 2

I kind of hope we don’t see him till next season, even if he’s fit/getting fitter.

Given his problems and our recent run on returning players, absolutely no need to rush him back and he may well benefit from an extended return over the spring/summer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

I kind of hope we don’t see him till next season, even if he’s fit/getting fitter.

Given his problems and our recent run on returning players, absolutely no need to rush him back and he may well benefit from an extended return over the spring/summer. 

If I was making the decisions, I'd have a couple of in house games . Something like 30 minute halves no tackling even before he gets a half in the U21s. I would be very careful with , at least to start .  
I would love to see the kid getting  a run in the U21's. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Yeah I was looking out for twine aswell, didn’t see him, I did hear when he was first injured that we wouldn’t see him for 4-6 weeks, seems more realistic now!! 

He was on the bench Vs QPR but was it seemed deemed not fit enough to come on. 

Manning then said pre Sheff Wed that he looked good in training this week. Then he didn't get in the matchday squad and is now not in the training video. 

Something clearly isn't right. 

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He was on the bench Vs QPR but was it seemed deemed not fit enough to come on. 

Manning then said pre Sheff Wed that he looked good in training this week. Then he didn't get in the matchday squad and is now not in the training video. 

Something clearly isn't right. 

Manning said last week that Twine said his quad felt tired, so they rested him last week, mainly as a precaution.

Will be interesting to see whether they’ve been able to get him through much / any training this week to get him back into the 20.  We might have to seek advice from Burnley re inclusion too.

Similar with Jamo.  Tight Achilles, rested last week as precaution.  Again we will see if he’s ready for this week.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Manning said last week that Twine said his quad felt tired, so they rested him last week, mainly as a precaution.

Will be interesting to see whether they’ve been able to get him through much / any training this week to get him back into the 20.  We might have to seek advice from Burnley re inclusion too.

Similar with Jamo.  Tight Achilles, rested last week as precaution.  Again we will see if he’s ready for this week.

That's it Dave. Thanks. I knew I was missing something but couldn't quite remember what. 

It will be interesting to hear what is said today. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Watching the clip of them passing it hard along the strip, are they deliberately trying to make the reciever miscontrol the ball? If so, how is this beneficial?

Its a game by the looks of it, if the player miscontrols it and the ball goes out of the lines they’re eliminated, the risk for the passer is too much power over control and you risk passing outside the lines and you’re eliminated. So the game focuses on the how quickly/accurately can you pass the ball as well as your ability to receive heavy passes under pressure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One positive on the injury front has been the return to training of Ayman Benarous with the young midfielder having experienced nearly two years of injury misery following two ACLs and then hamstring issues since the autumn which have delayed his intended comeback.

The 20-year-old who last played for City on April 30, 2022, has trained over the last two weeks at the HPC with the intensity of his sessions being gradually increased and Manning hopes the playmaker can be involved in an U21s soon to further build up his fitness, with the end goal being a first-team appearance before the end of the season.

“With the duration he’s been out, you don’t want to force it, rush it and set him back, you do have to be careful,” Manning said. “Getting him increased minutes in 21s games, upping his workload with us in training and if he responds to the fixtures, then I’m hopeful.”

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-naismith-twine-9133489

21 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Totally agree- bar a couple more wins the season is effectively over so keep the progress slow and steady and maybe if fit enough a couple of cameo appearances in the last few games before what I hope will be a full injury free pre season.

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, Ashtongreight said:

He isn’t our player, Burnley will also have a say as to when he can play,  I would have thought. 

Doubt it, we’re paying his wages, I guess it’s all down to weather we seem to think he’s fit or not which he clearly ain’t at the moment!!