IGNORED

Manning OUT?

Manning OUT?   

528 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Yes, when Lansdown acts.

Lansdown is not going to qct, the only time he will act is if crowds significantly drop, or season ticket holders or relegation

• Like 2

The top corridor identified a defeat at Cardiff and the disappointment (despite the difficult circumstances) that followed as the ideal situation to get rid of NP. I don’t think lightning will strike twice in one season, he’s here to stay.

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Then we’re sleepwalking through stagnation into relegation.

We've stagnated for almost 10 years now, we are sleepwalking into relegation however, results go against us today and we are only 6 points clear

• Like 3

Would be wonderfully ironic that we sacked Pearson after the cardiff game to bring in a “young, attacking, front footed” manager who will take our “top 6 squad” to where it should be just for him to get sacked after the next cardiff game 😂

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

When are the bedsheets coming out?

Do you not see any signs for concern ?

The squad looks broken, belief and creativity are gone and there was a lot of bickering on the pitch today.

One thing I thought this squad had was a one team ethic but that seems gone.

I’m neither in nor out at this time but I can see why people are concerned 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, willy bedlock said:

I'd give him a pre session, and then the first 10 games , if around about top 10 , then see if we can progress, but if below that I would get rid , he's style don't suit what we've got

We’ll be in league 1 by then

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

We have more chance of points against ipswich and swansea than we do against cardiff and qpr,,, they are much more open in their play and we can compete better against that sort of side

So we should accept dismal performances against QPR and Cardiff because we might beat Swansea and Ipswich as their style suits us more.

If the club want to move forward we have to find a way to be competitive against all styles

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, willy bedlock said:

I'd give him a pre session, and then the first 10 games , if around about top 10 , then see if we can progress, but if below that I would get rid , he's style don't suit what we've got

Give him the summer to make signings and we'll have a team fit for L1, is my concern.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Adge's Cider Mug said:

This may have been discussed in some of the other threads since that pile of dog shite this afternoon, but both LJ and NP were sacked after losing to Cardiff. Couldn’t be a hat trick, could it? 🤞

Black Widow Avengers GIF

58 minutes ago, Adge's Cider Mug said:

This may have been discussed in some of the other threads since that pile of dog shite this afternoon, but both LJ and NP were sacked after losing to Cardiff. Couldn’t be a hat trick, could it? 🤞

And what ? Couldn’t trust the lansdowns & tinnion to pick their nose never mind a decent manager. You can be certain it won’t be someone with experience because they can’t deal with anyone making them feel uncomfortable . We’re ****** with this lot running things 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

Posted this in another thread but the one reason I’ll defend the Pearson sacking is because it was the right idea and if come 10-15 games into next season (or this season ends in a disaster) it isn’t working with Manning sack him. We have always been a club that gives managers too much time we did it with Lee Johnson, we did it with Pearson, we did it with Holden. You don’t get promoted off of “longstanding managers” Coventry had their chance last year with the best player in the division Gyokeres and blew it too a team that had their manager for 6 months who was a clear and obvious improvement over Nathan Jones from practically minute one. Same with Nottingham Forest. There’s a reason if you look at how long managers have been in the job in the championship it’s absolutely tiny. It’ll be obvious from the first couple months if a manager has got it or not.

It’s obvious with QPR and Cifuentes for example, if you look at the form table since he came in QPR are 10th. Not bad for team some labelled one of the worst in championship if they stay up and get the right signings this summer they’ll be pushing playoffs. Ainsworth would’ve had them 24th. They were and are in an infinitely worse position than we were when Pearson, Johnson, Manning and Holden all got their jobs. So what’s the difference?

Edited by Robinsfan

19 minutes ago, Robinsfan said:

if come 10-15 games into next season (or this season ends in a disaster) it isn’t working with Manning sack him. We have always been a club that gives managers too much time

So you want us to give him too much time? 

The writing is on the wall. He’s lost the fans, lost the dressing room, out of ideas, blaming other people and absolving himself of any responsibility, and has not shown in his previous roles an ability to stop the rot. 

Hes had 20 games, the rest of the season and 10 into next would be a full seasons worth of games - in excess of an average tenure of a championship manager. 

Edited by 38MC

16 minutes ago, Robinsfan said:

Posted this in another thread but the one reason I’ll defend the Pearson sacking is because it was the right idea and if come 10-15 games into next season (or this season ends in a disaster) it isn’t working with Manning sack him. We have always been a club that gives managers too much time we did it with Lee Johnson, we did it with Pearson, we did it with Holden. You don’t get promoted off of “longstanding managers” Coventry had their chance last year with the best player in the division Gyokeres and blew it too a team that had their manager for 6 months who was a clear and obvious improvement over Nathan Jones from practically minute one. Same with Nottingham Forest. There’s a reason if you look at how long managers have been in the job in the championship it’s absolutely tiny. It’ll be obvious from the first couple months if a manager has got it or not.

It’s obvious with QPR and Cifuentes for example, if you look at the form table since he came in QPR are 10th. Not bad for team some labelled one of the worst in championship if they stay up and get the right signings this summer they’ll be pushing playoffs. Ainsworth would’ve had them 24th. They were and are in an infinitely worse position than we were when Pearson, Johnson, Manning and Holden all got their jobs. So what’s the difference?

That's a point I fundamentally disagree with. It can be an indicator - sure, but much of that then comes down to other skill-sets longer term, I.e. Recruitment, squad-building, strategic decision-making.

Farke (Norwich), Wagner (Huddersfield), Frank (Brentford), Hughton (Brighton), Jokanovic (Fulham), all promoted two-three years into tenures after slow starts in their first seasons of clearing deadwood.

45 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Do you not see any signs for concern ?

The squad looks broken, belief and creativity are gone and there was a lot of bickering on the pitch today.

One thing I thought this squad had was a one team ethic but that seems gone.

I’m neither in nor out at this time but I can see why people are concerned.

I see lots of signs of concern, we're absolutely terrible, awful to watch.

12 minutes ago, Fuber said:

That's a point I fundamentally disagree with. It can be an indicator - sure, but much of that then comes down to other skill-sets longer term, I.e. Recruitment, squad-building, strategic decision-making.

Farke (Norwich), Wagner (Huddersfield), Frank (Brentford), Hughton (Brighton), Jokanovic (Fulham), all promoted two-three years into tenures after slow starts in their first seasons of clearing deadwood.

"Recruitment, squad-building, strategic decision-making." All of these things mainly done by CEOs and directors of footballs, not the head coach. Where I was leading with my idea is that the club needs to have a general idea and fit to their squad building irrespective of manager. That is what Brighton have and you can see that every time they've changed head coach they've only gotten better. I can see we are attempting that at least now finally catching on late as usual. Which is why I'm fine with the sacking of Pearson and while I'll be fine with the sacking of Manning (if he doesn't turn it around) we shouldn't be signing players to fit a manager we should be signing a manager to fit our style of play and style of recruitment and even as Pearson has left we've been signing players that seem to match what we've been doing the past couple years. Our Project should be bigger than a singular manager just like Brighton, Brentford, and Fulham have all successfully implemented.

Sorry for the constant edits but I wanted to add Luton in here another team that clearly last season it didn't matter at all that they lost Nathan Jones as they only got better. Obviously complete conjecture but I don't think they'd be in the premier league if Southampton hadn't committed the equivalent of footballing Seppuku hiring Nathan Jones. 

Edited by Robinsfan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 38MC said:

So you want us to give him too much time? 

The writing is on the wall. He’s lost the fans, lost the dressing room, out of ideas, blaming other people and absolving himself of any responsibility, and has not shown in his previous roles an ability to stop the rot. 

Hes had 20 games, the rest of the season and 10 into next would be a full seasons worth of games - in excess of an average tenure of a championship manager. 

Yeah, you're right. If by the end of the season the results haven't turned he should go that is kind of what I alluded to. My general point is that we have given every single manager we've had in this stint in the championship too much time.

2 minutes ago, Robinsfan said:

Yeah, you're right. If by the end of the season the results haven't turned he should go that is kind of what I alluded to. My general point is that we have given every single manager we've had in this stint in the championship too much time.

I see; yeah I’m with you on that history.

Unfortunately I think we’re already creeping into the danger spot with Manning. I’d rather cut losses and get someone in and inspire the players. Otherwise I can see a lot speaking to their agents to engineer a way out of here, few wanting to come here if the slide continues, and too big a rebuild job being needed to fit into the style of play he will not deviate from.