IGNORED

Manning OUT?

Manning OUT?   

528 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Robinsfan said:

Yeah, you're right. If by the end of the season the results haven't turned he should go that is kind of what I alluded to. My general point is that we have given every single manager we've had in this stint in the championship too much time.

Pearson was still building from the mess left behind by others. He gave us a team playing for each other, who worked hard and gave it a go. Not always the best quality but I enjoyed seeing the team progress. He needed and deserved another 18 months.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not really in general pro sacking managers after a few months but real concerns now.

However if he goes will Jon Lansdown and Tinnion hit upon a better choice? They should go with him really.

Yeah can’t see them getting rid of him. They’ll avoid communicating with fans and keep their heads down praying we get to the end of the season in the Championship. 

They will give him money in the summer and come out of the woodwork, all positive about what we’re going to do in the new season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Robinsfan said:

"Recruitment, squad-building, strategic decision-making." All of these things mainly done by CEOs and directors of footballs, not the head coach. Where I was leading with my idea is that the club needs to have a general idea and fit to their squad building irrespective of manager. That is what Brighton have and you can see that every time they've changed head coach they've only gotten better. I can see we are attempting that at least now finally catching on late as usual. Which is why I'm fine with the sacking of Pearson and while I'll be fine with the sacking of Manning (if he doesn't turn it around) we shouldn't be signing players to fit a manager we should be signing a manager to fit our style of play and style of recruitment and even as Pearson has left we've been signing players that seem to match what we've been doing the past couple years. Our Project should be bigger than a singular manager just like Brighton, Brentford, and Fulham have all successfully implemented.

I mean sure.

But do you trust our board with the project of that breathtaking scope, decision making, common sense?

If Manning does not go soon and yet we survive in this division, then I see nothing but a relegation season next, unless Manning gets the boot early doors.  Just look at the players signed this season for next.

in a small way I feel sorry for the man.  He is clearly in a job he can’t hack, and needs to be put out of his misery.  Goodness knows what the old pros in the team think.

But, as others have said, I would not trust the two clowns with making the next appointment as they too are in jobs beyond their capabilities.

We are sadly in a dreadful decline, I just hope it isn’t terminal if they spend millions to get better because we have no one with the skill set to spend £10 let alone £10m

And to think only months ago we had a proper manager

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 6

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Yeah can’t see them getting rid of him. They’ll avoid communicating with fans and keep their heads down praying we get to the end of the season in the Championship. 

They will give him money in the summer and come out of the woodwork, all positive about what we’re going to do in the new season. 

I honestly don’t think he’s got much time left.

I reckon that dressing room was a pretty toxic place post-match, and SL loves to interfere. I expect after losing to Cardiff he will be speaking directly with one or two players, who I doubt have much positive to say. Can see him ‘riding in to sort this out’ like post-Holden if we got tonked on Tuesday or v Swansea. 

Just now, 38MC said:

I honestly don’t think he’s got much time left.

I reckon that dressing room was a pretty toxic place post-match, and SL loves to interfere. I expect after losing to Cardiff he will be speaking directly with one or two players, who I doubt have much positive to say. Can see him ‘riding in to sort this out’ like post-Holden if we got tonked on Tuesday or v Swansea. 

…… or both as likely

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

…… or both as likely

That’s my fear.

But for SL his fingerprints aren’t over Manning - they are for getting rid of nige - but his ego will assume that’s under the carpet now, and he’d just love to put himself in the spotlight as the leader we all know he is incapable of being. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I mean sure.

But do you trust our board with the project of that breathtaking scope, decision making, common sense?

Well, that is the problem. No matter the head coach the board has to have that capability or we'll never go up. With the things I'm seeing the recruitment side seems to be right or at least heading their players such as Stokes, Bird, and Murphy these are great signings with a clear identity that are being made irrespective of who our head coach is. Now we have to get the headcoach right, I still believe Manning was the right kind of manager to target, it clearly hasn't gone well and he should have a very short amount of time to turn that around before we move on to someone else. 

If I had to work for Mannimg I would be putting every effort into getting out.

He is so ……..boring, with zero personality, before we even get to his lack of football nous and man management.

Just imagine for a moment how boring and increasingly pointless his ‘work on the grass’ must be to seasoned pros.

At least James and,King are being given a master class in how NOT to manage

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

My very real concern is that even if Manning went, which I highly doubt, who on earth would come here?

After all that’s happened over this season, not least, the sacking of NP, honestly who?

Edited by JP Hampton

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If I had to work for Mannimg I would be putting every effort into getting out.

He is so ……..boring, with zero personality, before we even get to his lack of football nous and man management.

Just imagine for a moment how boring and increasingly pointless his ‘work on the grass’ must be to seasoned pros.

At least James and,King are being given a master class in how NOT to manage

when the transfer window was open and playing prem teams and promotion hopefuls southampton,players might have had eyes on them. whos going to bother scouting a match with bristol city and cardiff playing,it was a nailed on borefest before kick off.  if no ones there watching ,would you put any effort into getting noticed? would be a bit pointless i feel.

Just now, redsquirrel said:

when the transfer window was open and playing prem teams and promotion hopefuls southampton,players might have had eyes on them. whos going to bother scouting a match with bristol city and cardiff playing,it was a nailed on borefest before kick off.  if no ones there watching ,would you put any effort into getting noticed? would be a bit pointless i feel.

Isn’t it a managers job to find a way to motivate the players for 90’ week in week out? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Isn’t it a managers job to find a way to motivate the players for 90’ week in week out? 

If players being paid a fortune to play at this level need a manager to motivate them to try and win they are in the wrong profession 

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If players being paid a fortune to play at this level need a manager to motivate them to try and win they are in the wrong profession 

I think that’s too simplistic. Money doesn’t motivate when you can wipe your arse with £20’s… and these guys are and do have motivation - they’re part of the 0.001% to make it to this level. 

Having a weak, poor, leader is very demotivating regardless of what you earn 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

25 minutes ago, mjd said:

If manning is sacked it could be mr Brian tinnion it would be the owners cheap option again.

The only good thing about that is that when he fails we should see the back of him for good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I think that’s too simplistic. Money doesn’t motivate when you can wipe your arse with £20’s… and these guys are and do have motivation - they’re part of the 0.001% to make it to this level. 

Having a weak, poor, leader is very demotivating regardless of what you earn 

They are elite athletes who by the very nature to get where they are have to be driven and self motivated,  they do not need a manager to motivate them to pmay well. Not to say they can not become frustrated by a manager or disagree with what they are being asked to do, or in extreme cases of player power purposely put in poor performances, but that's not about the managers job is to motivate them as you claimed.

18 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

They are elite athletes who by the very nature to get where they are have to be driven and self motivated,  they do not need a manager to motivate them to pmay well. Not to say they can not become frustrated by a manager or disagree with what they are being asked to do, or in extreme cases of player power purposely put in poor performances, but that's not about the managers job is to motivate them as you claimed.

Agree with everything you say, except I stand by it is a huge part of a managers job to man-manage - eg motivate. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get rid and replace with who?

this season’s gone…get 9 points, line up a replacement, sack, appoint, put Tinnion back in his box, lock lid, buy, sell and start again…….but that won’t happen….however, Oxford followed the same pattern and took off next season, only to be scuppered when we took him…..

John Lansdown knows best, a successful man with proven skill at building a business from nothing..or not - as the case may be

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

Pearson was still building from the mess left behind by others. He gave us a team playing for each other, who worked hard and gave it a go. Not always the best quality but I enjoyed seeing the team progress. He needed and deserved another 18 months.

18 months?

I'd have given him longer personally but totally agree with your post, length of contract aside.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

18 months?

I'd have given him longer personally but totally agree with your post, length of contract aside.

You could see the clear direction of travel and where things were headed, despite the blips along the way. That clarity has now turned in to uncertainty, with a few people squarely to blame for the repercussions.

• Like 2