IGNORED

Manning OUT?

Manning OUT?   

528 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both Manning and Pearson have one thing in common in that they have both managed to unite the bulk of the fan base.

Pearson with the majority happy to plod along with incremental improvements against a back drop of budgetary challenges but a passionate team who would run through brick walls.

Manning now with a “time to go” majority that are united in a dislike of his boring, turgid  football & fearful of the drop.

Theres not one genuine City fan who wanted Manning to fail as it would mean we as a club were failing but enough is enough 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

The question only raises its head in the boardroom I suspect when they genuinely belief we are in a relegation battle. Now some of us can see the way things are going already, but I suspect as he's 'their man' they will be seeing things though a slightly more optimistic view. If they believe we are going to stay up then they will stick by him and carry on with the 'plan'. Which will be back him in the summer no doubt. 

I suspect the threshold will be something like 4 points from the bottom 3 at which point they have to make a call on if they still believe he is the man for the long term project, or if he is even the man to keep us up. 

• Like 1

Lee Johnson lest we forget survived a worse run than this in 2016-17.

This isn't an argument to keep, far from it but it is hard to tell at what point they'll twist..based on NP it should perhaps be today or by a week on Monday at latest.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Both Manning and Pearson have one thing in common in that they have both managed to unite the bulk of the fan base.

Pearson with the majority happy to plod along with incremental improvements against a back drop of budgetary challenges but a passionate team who would run through brick walls.

Manning now with a “time to go” majority that are united in a dislike of his boring, turgid  football & fearful of the drop.

Theres not one genuine City fan who wanted Manning to fail as it would mean we as a club were failing but enough is enough 

Agreed. Particularly your second statement!

I don’t care what anyone thinks or writes here. I don’t know anyone who wanted Manning to be a failure. We as supporters are desperate for success!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

We have more chance of points against ipswich and swansea than we do against cardiff and qpr,,, they are much more open in their play and we can compete better against that sort of side

Points vs Ipswich. Are you having a laugh?

Bristol City head coach Liam Manning: ref todays game on BBC report... 

"I didn't think overall in the game there was a huge amount of quality which is something that's not new to us. We have been speaking about it too much.

"There's a reason we are one of the lowest scorers in the league. We had 17 shots, 12 inside the box, and we don't really test the keeper at all. We have to improve.

"We have to have everyone stepping up and taking responsibility because again it wasn't good enough.

"Possibly it's confidence. Being good enough is the next bit. Players have to step up and deliver and execute. We have done it before but we haven't done it consistently enough.

"In 30-odd games, our highest scorer is six goals I think. When you look at it, we haven't scored enough goals."

We all see this but his thoughts and explanations are down to his team selections, I think he is deluded to think playing the way he sets us up can be anything other than BORING and we will never change the above unless HE Changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

"I didn't think overall in the game there was a huge amount of quality which is something that's not new to us. We have been speaking about it too much.

"There's a reason we are one of the lowest scorers in the league. We had 17 shots, 12 inside the box, and we don't really test the keeper at all. We have to improve.

"We have to have everyone stepping up and taking responsibility because again it wasn't good enough.

"Possibly it's confidence. Being good enough is the next bit. Players have to step up and deliver and execute. We have done it before but we haven't done it consistently enough.

"In 30-odd games, our highest scorer is six goals I think. When you look at it, we haven't scored enough goals."

We all see this but his thoughts and explanations are down to his team selections, I think he is deluded to think playing the way he sets us up can be anything other than BORING and we will never change the above unless HE Changes.

This was what he was brought in to improve?  This championship-lark isn’t as easy as some thought it was.

The tipping point was reached for me today. I’ve always found it difficult to warm to him, and I’ve seen no real signs that he will improve us. Good performances like v Southampton are a blip. Our playing style is a mess. And after the dreadful QPR and Sheff Wed performances we were equally dreadful today when the least I was hoping for was some attritional determination. We were as weak as water. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

What would be worse? Genuinely interested to know.

“After an extensive search, we’re pleased to announce Hoggy as the new head coach!”

Edited by SydneyCity
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

Yeah can’t see them getting rid of him. They’ll avoid communicating with fans and keep their heads down praying we get to the end of the season in the Championship. 

They will give him money in the summer and come out of the woodwork, all positive about what we’re going to do in the new season. 

There`s Lansdowns idea on transfer money and there`s the real world, I think we will lose more players than we will bring in and of those that are insane and come here most will be one`s for the future.

Words will be spouted on the plan for the future and a few less ST holders will settle in on the round-a-bout that goes no-where.

This season could yet deliver a shock present to the Lansdowns that none of us could match..........relegation. Top six squad my harse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sturgess said:

I don’t think he’d ever make it to the boardroom to get the news, he only knows sideways and backwards.

Not only that - this board lack so much balls like a bad boyfriend they'd probably do it via text message.

11 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Points vs Ipswich. Are you having a laugh?

Think we will lose away at Ipswich then again next weekend at home to Swansea. Feel a relagation battle coming up. Worrying times ahead. We were awfull yesterday against Cardiff 

I think we will be safe this season only because 6 points should be enough, ss there are really only 2 spots left for grabs.

We have 3 home games against Blakcburn, Rotherham & Huddersfield - i know in recent evidence it is stupid to think we will win these, but i think we will somehow get lucky & win at least a couple more games this season.

However, i am extremely worried about next season with Manning & Tinnion, i think they will lead us to relegation. They need booting out now.

I've not read the whole thread but what stuck out for me today was a lack of fight.

There had been such a culture shift within the club last few years and we had a squad of players who would outwork and outfight teams every week. I'm not on about being better physically but having the desire to win 2nd and 3rd balls, that same squad of players mentality has shifted overnight seemingly. Without getting into detail or old debates, I actually think Pearson and Rennie delivered one of the fittest squads I've ever seen and that includes mental fitness too. I'm not talking about injuries,but in terms of 90 minutes we went from whistle to whistle and didn't stop! I'm not qualified to discuss (or about as qualified as Lansdown I guess...) to discuss if this did have an impact on injuries or availability but I miss heading down to city knowing every individual would put a shift in and be accountable.

We look sluggish, unmotivated and generally lacking ideas. I said earlier this week sack at end of season if no improvement, but today was enough for me. He should be gone by lunchtime but he won't be.

• Like 8

• Admin
24 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I've not read the whole thread but what stuck out for me today was a lack of fight.

There had been such a culture shift within the club last few years and we had a squad of players who would outwork and outfight teams every week. I'm not on about being better physically but having the desire to win 2nd and 3rd balls, that same squad of players mentality has shifted overnight seemingly. Without getting into detail or old debates, I actually think Pearson and Rennie delivered one of the fittest squads I've ever seen and that includes mental fitness too. I'm not talking about injuries,but in terms of 90 minutes we went from whistle to whistle and didn't stop! I'm not qualified to discuss (or about as qualified as Lansdown I guess...) to discuss if this did have an impact on injuries or availability but I miss heading down to city knowing every individual would put a shift in and be accountable.

We look sluggish, unmotivated and generally lacking ideas. I said earlier this week sack at end of season if no improvement, but today was enough for me. He should be gone by lunchtime but he won't be.

I was sat in the lower Lansdown for the game not far from the dugouts. 

Cardiff technical area was full of passion if it wasn’t their manager shouting support or instructions it was someone else 

Compare our technical area, Manning was stood motionless with his hands in his pockets for most of the second half 

Not seen such a lifeless person since LJ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I was sat in the lower Lansdown for the game not far from the dugouts. 

Cardiff technical area was full of passion if it wasn’t their manager shouting support or instructions it was someone else 

Compare our technical area, Manning was stood motionless with his hands in his pockets for most of the second half 

Not seen such a lifeless person since LJ 

So I also sit in lower Lansdown and body language was a real concern. Just stood hands in pockets for most of the game, so uninspiring.

We don't need somebody going mental for 90 minutes running up and down the touchline, but we do need some presence. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I think we will be safe this season only because 6 points should be enough, ss there are really only 2 spots left for grabs.

We have 3 home games against Blakcburn, Rotherham & Huddersfield - i know in recent evidence it is stupid to think we will win these, but i think we will somehow get lucky & win at least a couple more games this season.

However, i am extremely worried about next season with Manning & Tinnion, i think they will lead us to relegation. They need booting out now.

You need to score goals and keep clean sheets to pick up points we don't look like doing either any time soon.

2 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

So I also sit in lower Lansdown and body language was a real concern. Just stood hands in pockets for most of the game, so uninspiring.

We don't need somebody going mental for 90 minutes running up and down the touchline, but we do need some presence. 

Curtis and Euell used to do that in bucket loads.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, flipflopcity said:

when you set up the team to play like he does, it's no surprise the shots on goal are minimal. when you play your right winger out of position on the left and then bring on a left sided player and play him on the right, even when it's crystal clear  Sykes is struggling out there. when the instructions are to try maintain possession & only play sideways and clearly no sense of how to get the ball forward.

how does he expect the players to deliver when the game plan is fundamentally wrong.

i would rather let in 3 and score 4 (simplistic i know, but you get my drift) than watch this shite

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You need to score goals and keep clean sheets to pick up points we don't look like doing either any time soon.

Thats why i said i think we will somehow get lucky with a couple of results, we won’t stay up due to Manning, but due to the points we already have on the board & for how shite Rotherham are meaning there is only 2 places left. Can see us finishing as low as around 19th however.

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Thats why i said i think we will somehow get lucky with a couple of results, we won’t stay up due to Manning, but due to the points we already have on the board & for how shite Rotherham are meaning there is only 2 places left. Can see us finishing as low as around 19th however.

Agree. I think we will finish just outside the drop zone with 50 (ish) points.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lee Johnson lest we forget survived a worse run than this in 2016-17.

This isn't an argument to keep, far from it but it is hard to tell at what point they'll twist..based on NP it should perhaps be today or by a week on Monday at latest.

Do you have any confidence that the club would recruit a good replacement?

Tinnion would take over until the end of the season, so that would be us ****** Mr P.

Club is a mess.

• Like 1

Let's hope for Manning's sake as much as everyone else that there is a debrief meeting today and we have a similar outcome to when we last played Cardiff and it will be all hail the new king, Andy King, until the end of the season. That would galvanise the club and fans and get the collective spirit back into the club which has been eroded away since his unfortunate appointment.

All of the negativity towards the hierarchy and more importantly Manning would dissappear overnight.

That's the only logical outcome.