IGNORED

Season tickets

nickolas

Well, as we know, the club have always had a bit of a mare with announcements and timing of them. Who’s for next seasons ticket announcements coming out next week, with a probable price increase. 
They just wont ever ‘feel the mood’ will they! 
( and yes i’ll renew, but out of hope and insanity more than sense!). 

• Like 1

With an announced attendance today of 24035,  taking out Cardiff and our season tickets I reckon that's around 7000 who elected to "pay on the day".

I've noticed in recent months an increase in the empty seats in the South Stand - are they mainly season ticket holders who make up the announced attendance even though they don't turn up?

If yes and if this form continues then I can see a 20% fall off in attendances next season - mainly season ticket holders but also POTD

40 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Well, as we know, the club have always had a bit of a mare with announcements and timing of them. Who’s for next seasons ticket announcements coming out next week, with a probable price increase. 
They just wont ever ‘feel the mood’ will they! 
( and yes i’ll renew, but out of hope and insanity more than sense!). 

Last season I renewed within a couple of hours of the renewals going live. This year I don't think I'll be as quick on the uptake. I really don't like being asked to renew when I'm not sure what division we'll be playing in. It's like being asked to buy a tv when they can't specify whether it's going to be a 55" or 65", but charging for a premium 65" anyway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, headhunter said:

With an announced attendance today of 24035,  taking out Cardiff and our season tickets I reckon that's around 7000 who elected to "pay on the day".

I've noticed in recent months an increase in the empty seats in the South Stand - are they mainly season ticket holders who make up the announced attendance even though they don't turn up?

If yes and if this form continues then I can see a 20% fall off in attendances next season - mainly season ticket holders but also POTD

That announced attendance is an absolute joke.

B998D9AA-6751-4E6C-A9AA-E4429F96C80A.jpeg

• Like 3

Membership for me next year. Will pick and chose when to go. Season ticket for the last 20 years on the bounce. Just not feeling the love anymore. Until there is a change at the top nothing will change. Rinse and repeat...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

I’ve missed more games as a season ticket holder this year than ever before . Next season would be 25 years as a season ticket holder . What with the new tv deal which means we could have a lot more kick offs moved about . Plus the absolute incompetence at board level , I’m not renewing . Completely disillusioned 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

My decision has been made easy given the change in my family situation. I will not be renewing.

However, taking that out the equation I can safely say I would not have been renewing next season. We are supposed to be paying for entertainment, we aren’t being entertained. I wouldn’t pay an increased price, I wouldn’t pay at the same price as I have no belief in the club anymore. The only way I would have been open to renewing would have been with a significant reduction which let’s be honest, wouldn’t happen even if we were in league 1 next season.

• Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They were streaming out by then

Even so, loads of gaps all afternoon in a sold out stand. They’re the cheapest tickets in the stadium but rarely available, it’s annoying.

(Aside from the fact that I wouldn’t actually want to pay anything right now)

For me, I’ll be renewing with my two kids. As I’ve said before, in the words of Peter Ceterea “it was us babe way before it was them”. Doesn’t mean I agree with the regime, doesn’t mean I’m happy. My minor protest will be to leave it until the last minute of seat reservation to renew.

Aside from anything else, I don’t think I could take the “thank you for renewing” call from Liam without then ringing Dignitas.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That announced attendance is an absolute joke.

B998D9AA-6751-4E6C-A9AA-E4429F96C80A.jpeg

Where did you get an attendance figure from? 

Clubs only announce a 'seats sold' number (relating to income and tax). 

Have you got a link?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would be amazed if they released ST information soon, will no doubt post it as soon as we next have a win or even draw under our belts. 

I don’t think they will be able to wait that long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've had an ST for approximately 85% of years since my first in 1966/7.

Had one when living in Shrewsbury and Livingston for a total of eleven years but didn't for seven years living in Portugal with one season but I did have one in 2008/9 and came to see 12 home games.

Had standing ST in Covered End in early 1980's after 1982 fiasco.

I'm now almost sure that if Manning is still here then I won't renew.

I don't mind losing or playing badly and winning but this rubbish is dreadful.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

I subscribe to sky and watch matches on their without emotion to one team or another. Its a feeling that has taken a while to get use to. I never thought that this would happen to me but finally I have shrug off those emotive ties which once saw me go to virtually all matches both home and away. Sad really 😞 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Upper and Lower Lansdown  looked half full / empty. Loads of empty seats around me in the South stand. Actual attendance must have been closer to 18,000.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

My decision has been made easy given the change in my family situation. I will not be renewing.

However, taking that out the equation I can safely say I would not have been renewing next season. We are supposed to be paying for entertainment, we aren’t being entertained. I wouldn’t pay an increased price, I wouldn’t pay at the same price as I have no belief in the club anymore. The only way I would have been open to renewing would have been with a significant reduction which let’s be honest, wouldn’t happen even if we were in league 1 next season.

You wouldn't renew because of the lack of entertainment - but you might if it was a bit cheaper..?

That makes no sense atall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

You wouldn't renew because of the lack of entertainment - but you might if it was a bit cheaper..?

That makes no sense atall.

It does. He’s placing the value on entertainment, and doesn’t feel the current offering matches the asking price. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

And we will be there buying our season tickets for next season.  No matter what. 

Been an ST for 28 years and I won't be renewing. Along with several others of my lot. The first was Holden, and the nail was Manning. 

You're underestimating the amount of proper fans who have been going for years will not renew.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Been an ST for 28 years and I won't be renewing. Along with several others of my lot. The first was Holden, and the nail was Manning. 

You're underestimating the amount of proper fans who have been going for years will not renew.

We are proper fans and us fans stick with the club, team and manager no matter what happens.  That's what supporters do.  City to we die. 

Just now, kiwicolin said:

We are proper fans and us fans stick with the club, team and manager no matter what happens.  That's what supporters do.  City to we die. 

I respect that and that was my mentality for years. This is the final straw me, and others as mentioned. 

As said, I respect your view and of course CTID. I just despise the regime.