IGNORED

Season tickets

nickolas

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I shall renew. The lure of watching paint dry is something I can’t resist.

Watching paint dry is more exciting than Manning-ball. Entertainment not included at AG, not even as an optional extra!

3 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

So if Steve Lansdown sells the club to someone that has no connection to city. They spend loads of money,  to get us to the Premier league,  then you would renew?

False equivalence. The owner could be a purple alien but if they got us promotion to the Premier League then where they came from would be a complete irrelevance. And the reality is that most football fans will also look past the morals or origin of their wealth, if the owners make them successful. You and I might not like that but I think we might be in a small minority.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Balls said:

Watching paint dry is more exciting than Manning-ball. Entertainment not included at AG, not even as an optional extra!

It’s been poor for far too long now. I’m finding there are more and more games which I lose interest in after 20 minutes. Today took it to a new level. I’m getting fed up with Bore Ball already tbh. The hierarchy had better get to grips with the standard on offer quickly. In terms of vfm my season ticket ain’t worth £100.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

False equivalence. The owner could be a purple alien but if they got us promotion to the Premier League then where they came from would be a complete irrelevance. And the reality is that most football fans will also look past the morals or origin of their wealth, if the owners make them successful. You and I might not like that but I think we might be in a small minority.

But 99% of the time they won't be successful. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

It’s been poor for far too long now. I’m finding there are more and more games which I lose interest in after 20 minutes. Today took it to a new level. I’m getting fed up with Bore Ball already tbh. The hierarchy had better get to grips with the standard on offer quickly. In terms of vfm my season ticket ain’t worth £100.

It would seem a lot of ST holders in the South Stand already agree with you as they don’t even bother to come at all any more!

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

It would seem a lot of ST holders in the South Stand already agree with you as they don’t even bother to come at all any more!

The number who stayed in the concourse at the start of the second half was telling……

• Like 1

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

With an announced attendance today of 24035,  taking out Cardiff and our season tickets I reckon that's around 7000 who elected to "pay on the day".

I've noticed in recent months an increase in the empty seats in the South Stand - are they mainly season ticket holders who make up the announced attendance even though they don't turn up?

If yes and if this form continues then I can see a 20% fall off in attendances next season - mainly season ticket holders but also POTD

I’ll renew mine when I’m comfortable we are not in League effing one! 

Logistics being a consideration mean I only take mine and my nephews junior seat rarely! However from my view on BCTV I can see the empty seats! 

This football is soul destroying, gut wrenchingly awful, but I noted today ‘someone’ saying Pearson was boring. 

😴 

Only way I'd even contemplate it with my budgets being tight buying a new house the end of the year would be if they sacked Manning and Tinnion, and reappointed NP and gave him reign to clear house.

Otherwise that £200+ renewal cost is going on building materials - now that Wickes isn't going to be there (which is actually really annoying). DIY and watching the paint dry would genuinely give me more fulfillment.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

We are proper fans and us fans stick with the club, team and manager no matter what happens.  That's what supporters do.  City to we die. 

A Lansdown dream!

They don't give a **** about you. You are just a pleb to them.

But your perogative, obviously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

But 99% of the time they won't be successful. 

I don’t know how you come to that figure of 99%. Remember today’s opponents have been promoted to the Premier League twice in less time than SL has owned us. With an owner from Malaysia. Leicester got promoted and won the Premier League under Thai ownership, while pretty much all of the top Premier League teams are now owned by foreigners.

But down ‘ere in the sleepy West Country, ooh arr ohh arr, fans are instead happy with the local billionaire proving that despite being a financial whizz, he knows nothing much about football and how to get success because at least he’s a local who understands how us bumpkins might not be able to cope with the excitement and expectations of actually being successful as a club.

I would say that last sentence is a complete and utter fantasy, born out by the frustration shown at the end of today’s game, but that’s what you seem to be suggesting!. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I don’t know how you come to that figure of 99%. Remember today’s opponents have been promoted to the Premier League twice in less time than SL has owned us. With an owner from Malaysia. Leicester got promoted and won the Premier League under Thai ownership, while pretty much all of the top Premier League teams are now owned by foreigners.

But down ‘ere in the sleepy West Country, ooh arr ohh arr, fans are instead happy with the local billionaire proving that despite being a financial whizz, he knows nothing much about football and how to get success because at least he’s a local who understands how us bumpkins might not be able to cope with the excitement and expectations of actually being successful as a club.

I would say that last sentence is a complete and utter fantasy, born out by the frustration shown at the end of today’s game, but that’s what you seem to be suggesting!. 

But do these foreign owners really care about the club or fans. They just want a toy yo play with at what ever cost. 

Just now, kiwicolin said:

But do these foreign owners really care about the club or fans. They just want a toy to play with at what ever cost. 

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s called value for money. What’s there not to understand?

You wouldn’t pay the same price for a 20 year old fiesta as you would a brand new Mercedes…

He's not buying a car though, which has a tangible market value.

Supporting a football team is entirely different.

I wouldn't buy a Rovers or a Man Utd season ticket if someone offered me one for £100.

I suppose I never buy my City season ticket based on any perceived "value for money" they are what they are & I buy one to "own" my seat & be part of the journey. 

I'd probably agree on principle, if there was a hefty increase for no good reason & make a purchase decision accordingly - but I'd never not renew because we'd lost a few games.

Yesterday was particularly frustrating, I agree. 

Not renewing because you don't want to/can't go to matches makes sense. Not renewing because you can't afford it also makes sense.

But not renewing unless they reduce the prices (never going to happen) doesn't make any sense to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wouldn't buy a Rovers or a Man Utd season ticket if someone offered me one for £100.

I suppose I never buy my City season ticket based on any perceived "value for money" they are what they are & I buy one to "own" my seat & be part of the journey. 

I'd probably agree on principle, if there was a hefty increase for no good reason & make a purchase decision accordingly - but I'd never not renew because we'd lost a few games.

Not renewing because you don't want to/can't go to matches makes sense. Not renewing because you can't afford it also makes sense.

But not renewing unless they reduce the prices (never going to happen) doesn't make any sense to me. 

I guess this is an agree to disagree. For me it’s about feeling like I am getting value for money.

I was happy to pay the price when Pearson was in charge, knowing things would be hit and miss but seeing the progress and supporting the what he was building.

I know things may be different next season but given the usual timeframes around renewing, based on what we have seen under Manning, I wouldn’t be happy to spend £400+. I know nothing is guaranteed, but if I was to spend £250 on a season ticket under Manning’s leadership, I would feel comfortable not bothering to go when the football is as dire as it has been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d buy a Man United season ticket for £100 and then every match I’d sell my seat and make a tidy profit !

That would definitely be value for money !

• Like 1

I’m stupid so will probably renew, but one things for sure, it won’t be until the last day of the renewal period. I want them to worry about a cliff edge drop off unless they act decisively. 

6 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I’m stupid so will probably renew, but one things for sure, it won’t be until the last day of the renewal period. I want them to worry about a cliff edge drop off unless they act decisively. 

Probably have been best not to let them know that....I was thinking the same thing

• Haha 1

Been thinking long and hard about this since Manning's appointment. Ultimately it's with regret but I won't be renewing my season ticket after 20 years, I feel so out of touch with the club.

I don't blame Manning personally of course, the powers to be approached him and why wouldn't he take the job. The real question is why we approached him in the first place. Cheap option again to appoint yet again another up and coming untested manager.

BTs promotion to the top table is utter madness and smacks of jobs for boys rather than a carefully thought business decision 

Edited by Granty
  • Like 1

Might be a decent plan to not renew season ticket and buy half season ticket in New Year if the football has started to be worth watching. 

Might be a decent plan to not renew season ticket and buy half season ticket in New Year if the football has started to be worth watching. 

2 minutes ago, RumneyRed said:

Probably have been best not to let them know that....I was thinking the same thing

True, but I think there will be plenty that don’t actually renew and the numbers themselves should be alarming. They’ll already know how many season tickets are going unused as they compare through the doors v tickets sold and this will be a worrying trend in and of itself 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RumneyRed said:

That’s a really good plan ! If I were you I’d make sure people know that’s your intention 😀

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Upper and Lower Lansdown  looked half full / empty. Loads of empty seats around me in the South stand. Actual attendance must have been closer to 18,000.

I always believe there are around 5000 less in the stadium to the actual figure given

• Like 1

By far the best part of going to the Gate this season is the banter with fellow fans. The only entertainment in watching City was our ineptitude. Can't fault the players efforts but their is an obvious lack of confidence and understanding in what they should be doing.