IGNORED

Manning Post Match

Really want to like the guy however the lack of passion and straight talking in his interviews is proper annoying. 

Has a look of a bloke who has run out of ideas I’m afraid, tough few weeks ahead where we will see what kind of dressing room we really have. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

When times are tough you need professionals who want to play for you. Sorry but I don’t see Manning inspiring that kind of commitment. The best players are more likely to be dusting off their CVs, looking to move elsewhere. 

• Like 2

He’s incredibly dislikable , dull ,text book full of buzz words, represents all that is wrong with modern football for me.

This club needs a big character as manager as any of the limited success we have had in the recent past has been with a charismatic leader of men gj, cotts, nige (relevant success given the crap budgets he had)

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

It's kind of funny how after we lost 2-0 to Cardiff with half a squad we were more optimistic as fans and very few calling for Pearson to be sacked yet he was.

Fast forward and we've just lost to Cardiff with a squad with far less injuries, more backing for the manager from the board, tons of fans saying they want him gone and what do we get... 

"not my fault, players need to play better".... 

I wonder how much of a raise Jon will give him. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

He’s incredibly dislikable , dull ,text book full of buzz words, represents all that is wrong with modern football for me.

This club needs a big character as manager as any of the limited success we have had in the recent past has been with a charismatic leader of men gj, cotts, nige (relevant success given the crap budgets he had)

Should've got Warnock at some point. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's kind of funny how after we lost 2-0 to Cardiff with half a squad we were more optimistic as fans and very few calling for Pearson to be sacked yet he was.

Fast forward and we've just lost to Cardiff with a squad with far less injuries, more backing for the manager from the board, tons of fans saying they want him gone and what do we get... 

"not my fault, players need to play better".... 

I wonder how much of a raise Jon will give him. 

Just said that we put in a better performance over there with what was it 12 players unavailable.  Least we fought but the spirit and personality have been taken out of us & players are like robots.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

He looks and sounds like a PE teacher who’s been asked to do double maths. 

**** off you charlatan and take Lansdown with you. 

My PE teacher doubled up on maths, thankfully he was fluent in Spanish too!

• Haha 1

He has completely ran out of ideas. Listening to him post match going on about forwards taking those chances and working his a.. off on the training pitch strikes me that he's completely out of his depth. He should sit where I sit and look at his kind of unentertaining dross. Football is a simple game but in order to win games you have to score goals. You do that, Mr Manning, by CREATING chances.

Playing one up front certainly doesn't  help and throwing players on in the hope it will work out just looks like a mess unravelling which it was. 

His style of possession based play just doesn't create enough chances. I am not sure what he has in mind for a Manning striker but in Conway, Wells & Cornick they certainly aren't it. He knew that from the off yet he still persists with his ideas. Even taking into account the law of averages we should be beating Cardiff, Sheff Weds & QPR or at least have some sort of points return. But no, he's on a losing run and can't effect a change.

Considering today was a derby, the lack of anything was palpable.

He has to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did I hear him right? Did he actually say we should have played for a 0-0??

Think that was verbal diarrhoea; didn’t come out as he meant to. I think he was saying if you aren’t going to score at least keep it tight at the back and walk away with a point. Pretty banal thing to say though isn’t it - probably why Tinnion wanted him, a very basic concept which his limited intellect can understand 

• Like 4