IGNORED

Simple Question Renew ST or not ?

Renew S/T or Not ?  

305 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 03/03/2024 at 10:01, GrahamC said:

That’s true but the ground is never as full as the number of ST sold.

We have skewed these figures by the cheap additional ST for a kid but they make little impact on our cash flow.

If I was in charge of marketing I’d be very interested in the number of full price ST we sell & if that falls then I’d be concerned.

Logic would dictate that if the full price ST number were to fall, then the kids number would also fall. I don't agree with the concept that these figures are skewed by the cheaper tickets as that's securing full priced STH's of the future, so is vitally important.

• Thanks 1

I’ll always renew as long as I can afford it and am able to get to games. But I fully understand why many fans are not sure. The football is so very dire and it’s difficult to be optimistic that things will improve with LM in charge and the way the club is being run. 

I'd like Steve Lansdown to sell up and major changes at the club.... BUT I've watched us worse than we are now.

I watched us in the old 4th Division, I watched us with even more boring and sterile managers, I watched us on worse runs, with worse players and I can even name a worse chairman!

So I'll continue to watch us. It's what I do for 2/3rds of the year - and as I explained elsewhere, it isn't just about the football. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

7 hours ago, westonred said:

I will probably end up having S/T but it’s not an enjoyable experience these days. With a season ticket price increase on the horizon no free parking available anymore.  Also with a new TV deal coming in showing 328 championship games live kick off times will be all over the place they dont care about supporters going to matches just a TV audience  (We currently havent got a home 3pm kick of this March)  Football is suppose to be entertaining and apart from a few odd games City are not producing the goods Saying all this i bet up renewing 

Of course you will, it’s in your DNA I bet. Looking on the bright side….surely thing can only get better???

• Like 1

I will not under any circumstances renew if we get relegated. I’ll make that clear. 

If Mr Manning and his team shows up for the rest of the season I probably will

If Manning is sacked I definitely will. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 08:23, OddBallJim said:

Another poster on here made a great point yesterday, along the lines of - if it wasn’t for the emotional attachment to Bristol City, how much would we really be willing to pay for the football on offer?

Football is a spectator sport, and there has to be an entertainment value. Negative sideways and backwards passing to achieve the sum of sweet FA is not entertaining. 

When we signed on Nige, that was a huge motivator for me to get my ST back after a 5 year break under LJ. The longer we stay persist with the delusional duo (Tinnion and JL) with the personality vacuum that is Manning leading the team then the more it’s looking like a membership, rather than an ST, for me next season. 

The hardest bit for me was letting go of the emotional attachment and memories for the football club. But the club has changed so much, mainly due to the direction the Lansdowns have taken the football club - down the Bristol Sport route. I absolutely detest it and will not give the Lansdowns another penny, until the Lamsdowns go. But will be back as soon as they are gone. The Nigel P debacle was the final straw.
There will be no wavering from me.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

I’ll be renewing as much for the social side of seeing my friends etc as the football. 
You never know, next season might be the one that take us to the promise land as I’d be totally gutted to miss out on that. 

6 hours ago, Jacs said:

I’ll be renewing as much for the social side of seeing my friends etc as the football. 
You never know, next season might be the one that take us to the promise land as I’d be totally gutted to miss out on that. 

More chance of you sprouting a second head.