IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Interesting 45 minutes.

Good game plan to stop Ipswich and our players look up for it. I suppose goal.on the break is our our own attacking plan. But fair play decent first half 

It’s felt like several times weve had a chance to break we’ve stopped and passed it backwards to the defence though, killing any chance of a counter.

Its definitely there to be won at the moment, and we would deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

But as well as weve done we all just know there will be one mistake, theyll score and we’ll have a drab 1 or 2-nil result. 🙄

I’m the same, decent first half and looked comfortable but we giveaway stupid goals and second half will show what top 6 teams do and find a way to win when not playing well 

Just now, bexhill reds said:

I know he can lose his head, but I think he’s more than capable of a legal looking payback challenge. Going to be interesting watching that little match up in the 2nd half

Exactly what I meant.

Interesting that Jobi McAnuff said at HT it was a yellow card challenge at the very least.

This is funny to watch because we're essentially playing the way we're best, soaking up pressure and countering quickly, much as Pearson set us up to play. 

It would seem we're still capable of playing football, so long as our opposition doesn't sit back on us, which was the problem Pearson had singing, albeit we were a little better than ever seen under Manning recently. 

Exactly what I thought would happen if they tried to come at us though, we're able to get into the game. 

If Manning can actually get past his non budging attitude and create a gameplan that works against teams who suit back against us we'd probably start getting more results. 

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Whats better from mehmeti? I cant see it.... 

Low bar I admit, but he’s done his job off the ball, on the whole, yes one stray ball I can think of, but 3 or 4 others at least guilty of that.

Supported his LB more. Carried the ball and pressed better IMO.

I really don't think it's been boring, not exciting by any means but more frustrating IMO.

We've kept them at bay , good for an away side and made a couple of chances . I'd be happier if we looked forward for a pass more often , but looking at it from a City perspective I think it's been a reasonable game.

Anyone think this is boring, try and watch the 90 minutes from QPR away.