IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thankfully we can't point the finger at him tonight 

We gave it a good go but let down by individual mistakes 

I'd be asking the players where the effort like that tonight has been the past few games 

Let's hope this version of City turn up on Sunday 

Exactly that ⬆️

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Some mental posts here tbh.

I dont think you can fault our endeavour, and a significant improvement over the Cardiff game. Unfortunately Ipswich dont ever give up and we made a few individual errors.

You would have to be very polarised to directly blame Manning tonight

Have you seen the guys record? Hello? Another defeat! 

• Like 1
Just now, Chrizzler said:

What changes would you have made?

You had another left sided defender in Roberts who could have replaced Pring or gone in front of him to plug the side that we were getting absolutely shafted down.

To do literally nothing after McKenna brought on 3-4 attackers seems pretty incomprehensible. Especially after 2-2 and a penalty being missed both from attacks coming down that left side. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Always going to be more of a game to get at them , so I didn't expect it to be a one sided drubbing .
Decent performance , but you have to question a few things .
He said Pring was carrying a knock , it looked like it . Why not switch to Roberts after they went 2-2 . At least he's fully fit.
Is Sykes fit ? Looked off the pace and I wonder if it's another throw of the dice getting him on.
Why wait so long to bring Conway on , could have used fresh legs earlier.

They are in a better place than us, had more impact from the bench and signed 2 strikers in Jan . Annoying because of what could have been , we had other chances , but probably better than many would have expected. 

Big game Sunday now. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

We deserved a draw, but couldn't cope with Ipswich's subs. From looking laborious with Moore they suddenly had Burns flying down the right and we couldn't cope. Sarmiento was class and Al Mahamadi bolstered their attack. We just needed to kill the game at 2-1 up and play with our heads. Gutted, because for 80 minutes we were excellent. Hopefully we can build on this. 

We deserved a draw up until their changes but after that they throughly deserved the win. 

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

The only change that would’ve made a difference would’ve been Pring -> Roberts imo. Don’t think Mebude would’ve made any impact and King would’ve been ineffective with the speed of the game i think. 

He needs to show the tactical noise to try to make that change then when it clearly isn’t working.

16 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Luckily we've got him at centre back rather than working on Fermat's Last Theroem then

I considered looking that up, and then concluded you already had, possibly making you marginally more resourseful than Vyner but possibly no more intelligent.

8 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

No, I agree they have put a shift in, but their decision making has been so bad. Vyner needless challenge. Pring reckless challenge. Sykes weak. 

Was never a foul for their second goal imo which is what changed the game and gave them momentum, wouldn’t say it was needless by Vyner at all. He’s got to compete there and was very very harsh to give it. That being said, always felt like it was going to go one way once they equalised, shame considering how little they created up until then 

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, JakeOTIB said:

The way we lost tonight hurts more than the actual loss itself. 

Totally. We played well, but let’s not pretend Ipswich were on full song. 

The fear for me is that this will be one seriously demoralising defeat. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm calling a duck a duck mate. 

Pring was carrying an injury. Roberts could have been brought on. 

Roberts has not got the pace. Would have made little difference frankly. 

Sykes and MCCrorie at fault for 2 of those goals and Sykes was only on the pitch because Cornick was injured