IGNORED

Sheffield United vs Arsenal

12 hours ago, spudski said:

Imagine if we ever snuck in via the the playoff's.

Doesn't bare thinking about. Gives me shivers thinking about who would be responsible for recruiting and dealing with the money. 

Almost a case of being careful for what you wish for isn't it? Something, we really don't need to be concerned about because we are so far off it ever happening.

However, if it did happen. I think the club would have a similar approach to Sheff Utd. I think they would spend very little (in relative terms) take whatever was coming to them i.e. getting battered for the most part of the season. Get relegated and take the Parachute Payments. Then go again in the Championship the following season with a bigger budget than most of the other teams. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Almost a case of being careful for what you wish for isn't it? Something, we really don't need to be concerned about because we are so far off it ever happening.

However, if it did happen. I think the club would have a similar approach to Sheff Utd. I think they would spend very little (in relative terms) take whatever was coming to them i.e. getting battered for the most part of the season. Get relegated and take the Parachute Payments. Then go again in the Championship the following season with a bigger budget than most of the other teams. 

It is an approach that has worked and will work again, but I have severe reservations .  For it to work you still need a good scouting and recruitment set up , along with a good academy . I have very little confidence in our current set up is near good enough, and with Tinnion's influence only getting stronger I'm not it will be in the near future . 

That aside , I would like to get Promoted to tick off some new grounds, not sure it can be enjoyable unless you can make a decent go at it though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Imagine if we ever snuck in via the the playoff's.

Doesn't bare thinking about. Gives me shivers thinking about who would be responsible for recruiting and dealing with the money. 

We’d be hundreds of millions better off and we couldn’t play much worse when we come back down than we are now!

11 hours ago, DolmanGaz said:

they would be fine year 1 wouldn't they? unless we were romping the championship, no way they could charge silly prices in March without knowing we'd go up?

That would be the year they hold off selling them until end of season.

The dirt cheap children's & family prices might suffer most. Otherwise just be prepared for 30%+ increase for 17% fewer games.