IGNORED

Sheffield United vs Arsenal

The only thing that looks like it will keep this game in single figures is if arsenal drop their intensity. 

Sheffield U were pretty shit last season, only added a couple so no surprise they are where they are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

No doubt Sheffield U and Burnley  will be in the top 3 next season champoinship.

Yep, bloody depressing this football lark. I doubt I'll ever see us in the Prem, but seeing what has happened to Burnley and Sheff Utd this season, it all seems pretty pointless.

Sheff U were shite last season I thought. Didn't understand how they got up. Obviously repeated the trick of winning 1 0 despite being terrible a few times.

Burnley were great at dominating at our level but they aren’t managing that in the Prem.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yep, bloody depressing this football lark. I doubt I'll ever see us in the Prem, but seeing what has happened to Burnley and Sheff Utd this season, it all seems pretty pointless.

I think Kompany is getting away with it a bit.

• Like 4

Sheff Utd get lots of stick and rightly so, they are shit! I do find though, especially in the media that Burnley who are on the same points, spent 100m seem to be immune to criticism, probably something to do with the manager but still! 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

The commentator just said xG for arsenal only 1.8, but 5 goals... ok... but before the first went in they had THREE enormous chances. Totally dominating with 80% possession, 16 shots. 7 on target. But only 1.8 xG

This stat has always been baffling to me... 

Edited by DolmanGaz
  • Like 2

This game is a reflection of the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League. Something needs to be done to level up financials.  otherwise we are going to get into a situation where every year the promoted teams come straight back down and the relegated teams go straight back up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GBF said:

This game is a reflection of the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League. Something needs to be done to level up financials.  otherwise we are going to get into a situation where every year the promoted teams come straight back down and the relegated teams go straight back up

removing FFP, or whatever it's called, is the only way so address this isn't it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's a Guardiola disciple which goes a long way in the eyes of the media. Whenever I've watched them this season they're shockingly naive.

Will be interesting to see how Maresca fairs in comparison next season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

He's a Guardiola disciple which goes a long way in the eyes of the media. Whenever I've watched them this season they're shockingly naive.

breaking up their team and bringing in so many new players, I just think it's such a low chance for success, especially when you try and play like Man City... 

• Like 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

The commentator just said xG for arsenal only 1.8, but 5 goals... ok... but before the first went in they had THREE enormous chances. Totally dominating with 80% possession, 16 shots. 7 on target. But only 1.8 xG

This stat has always been baffling to me... 

It’s based on the statistics of players in that position scoring over the years. And for every Arsenal player that takes a shot from a good position and scores, there’s a Bristol City player who misses.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, kit said:

The only thing that looks like it will keep this game in single figures is if arsenal drop their intensity. 

Sheffield U were pretty shit last season, only added a couple so no surprise they are where they are. 

Sold 2 of their best players too, maybe more.

7 minutes ago, GBF said:

Bournemouth, Fulham, Nottingham Forest all stayed up in 2022-23.

Albeit two of them were Parachute bolstered, something definitely needs to be done.

• Like 1