IGNORED

Sheffield United vs Arsenal

Conceded 20 goals in 4 home games, and there's 45 mins left in this one :blush2:

Equaled the record for conceding 5 in a game and they still have to go to Liverpool and Newcastle !

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Conceded 20 goals in 4 home games, and there's 45 mins left in this one :blush2:

Equaled the record for conceding 5 in a game and they still have to go to Liverpool and Newcastle !

11.5 games left for them. 29 goals to concede to hit 100 for the season. Doable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's a Guardiola disciple which goes a long way in the eyes of the media. Whenever I've watched them this season they're shockingly naive.

A dogmatic coach who's allowing "principles" and "behaviours" to get in the way of winning football matches?

Good heavens.

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

That and reducing parachute payments. 

Or…….having a mandatory clause in PL contracts that includes a 75% salary reduction if relegated. No need for parachute payments then.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GBF said:

This game is a reflection of the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League. Something needs to be done to level up financials.  otherwise we are going to get into a situation where every year the promoted teams come straight back down and the relegated teams go straight back up

Isn’t that what the Premier League want though?  

Virtually a closed shop, with just the illusion of free movement between the top two divisions.

The parachute payments will ensure that if one of the bigger clubs had an absolute mare of a season and dropped through the trap door to the Championship, they’d be virtually nailed-on to go straight back up the next season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imagine if we ever snuck in via the the playoff's.

Doesn't bare thinking about. Gives me shivers thinking about who would be responsible for recruiting and dealing with the money. 

Spud if we ever made it would always be about the journey and the joy of promotion.

The season in the Premier would be shite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Spud if we ever made it would always be about the journey and the joy of promotion.

The season in the Premier would be shite.

My mate's a Norwich fan , hated last year , moaned the whole way through. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sheff U were shite last season I thought. Didn't understand how they got up. Obviously repeated the trick of winning 1 0 despite being terrible a few times.

Burnley were great at dominating at our level but they aren’t managing that in the Prem.

A workmanlike team like with a couple / few “difference makers” like N’Diaye and Berge.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

Watching this, it makes you wonder what level of embarrassment you would accept in the Premier League.

I don't mind the idea of being promoted to the Prem, instantly relegated back to the Championship, then using the parachute payments to build towards a more sustainable crack at the Premier League.

However, I don't think I'd take that offer if it were as humiliating for us as it has been for this Sheffield United side, or Derby back in 2007/08.

So that's the question - how bad would we have to be in the Prem before you thought "Actually, I'd rather we just never got promoted"?

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imagine if we ever snuck in via the the playoff's.

Doesn't bare thinking about. Gives me shivers thinking about who would be responsible for recruiting and dealing with the money. 

We are so far off a Prem club. 

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Watching this, it makes you wonder what level of embarrassment you would accept in the Premier League.

I don't mind the idea of being promoted to the Prem, instantly relegated back to the Championship, then using the parachute payments to build towards a more sustainable crack at the Premier League.

However, I don't think I'd take that offer if it were as humiliating for us as it has been for this Sheffield United side, or Derby back in 2007/08.

So that's the question - how bad would we have to be in the Prem before you thought "Actually, I'd rather we just never got promoted"?

I wouldn't care how bad it got just make a change for a season. Luton have showed that you can compete when going up.