IGNORED

If losing 7-0 tonight live on Sky forced change…

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

My default position and the one I’ll always fall back on is I support Bristol City. Not Liam Manning, not Brian Tinnion - Bristol City. Now that does mean that the clubs success happens to people I don’t care for, but I’d rather see the club do well than not.

So for all I think Liam and Brian and Jon need to go for the good of the club, I’d much rather we won the remaining 11 than anything else.

That being said, I totally get the logic. And if you work on the basis we’re going to be patchy at best until seasons end, it’s better to get the defeats done now and what looks the inevitable to happen.

So, I’d much rather we won. But I wouldn’t in some ways be heartbroken if what you say did happen and it was the catalyst for change.

A 7-0 humiliation live on TV 

To Ipswich ?

Couldn’t even consider it for a second , SD , even if we had appointed Barton

• Like 3

My default position and the one I’ll always fall back on is I support Bristol City. Not Liam Manning, not Brian Tinnion - Bristol City. Now that does mean that the clubs success happens to people I don’t care for, but I’d rather see the club do well than not.

So for all I think Liam and Brian and Jon need to go for the good of the club, I’d much rather we won the remaining 11 than anything else.

That being said, I totally get the logic. And if you work on the basis we’re going to be patchy at best until seasons end, it’s better to get the defeats done now and what looks the inevitable to happen.

So, I’d much rather we won. But I wouldn’t in some ways be heartbroken if what you say did happen and it was the catalyst for change.

Depends if you go for the short term or long term view.

Do I want us to win tonight? Yes of course

Does something dramatic need to happen to get rid of Tinnion first of all, and old man Lansdown to come to his senses re correct help for his son? Yes it does

Sadly I think a few heavy defeats towards the end of the season causing more obvious angst amongst the fanbase to Tinnion and the Lansdowns is more in the long term interests of our success than bumbling our way to 56 points (as long as we survive in the league) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

A 7-0 humiliation live on TV 

To Ipswich ?

Couldn’t even consider it for a second , SD , even if we had appointed Barton

I should also add that one of my best mates is an Ipswich fan so I really don’t want it to happen mate - more saying I get the “greater good” logic

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

… would you take it?

Keep your powder dry-

Manning will be gone sometime this year....

Sadly it will be dear Jon recruiting his replacement!

It's unfortunate that Tinnion won't be leaving with him imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I didn’t want you to turn up for nothing on Saturday but that could still be the same Sunday of course 🙄

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I didn’t want you to turn up for nothing on Saturday but that could still be the same Sunday of course 🙄

top man👍 im not going back down bs3 but was going to s weds til my gearbox went. ive got another car now so hopefully going to go and cheers cotts on at some point until i can trust my car on longer journeys

• Like 1

I don’t want us to lose, nor lose heavily.

As per @Silvio Dante’s post, for me the catalyst can be driven from something other than a single-match result, so I don’t really concur..

FWIW I think we have a great bunch of pros and I really think they will play for each other.  There is also some self-preservation in there, that says I don’t want the finger being pointed at me and my teammates, if they think the problems are elsewhere.

Just imagine this game was on sky and lots of people looking on.  Ah, hmmm, shit!

4 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

top man👍 im not going back down bs3 but was going to s weds til my gearbox went. ive got another car now so hopefully going to go and cheers cotts on at some point until i can trust my car on longer journeys

Soft top?

Sat nav set to BS3.

go, go, go!

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have any of our previous heavy defeats brought about seismic change that has delivered long-term success?

I hate to say it…

But shipping the seven at Swansea led to getting rid of Tinnion and the appointment of Johnson, which in turn led to promotion the following season, our highest league finish for a generation and several years at the level above. It lasted about 5 years. So, it depends what you mean by long term and or seismic change. But I’d argue that in the sphere of a football club, a managerial change is fairly seismic and a markedly improved position for at least half a decade is at least medium term success.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say it…

But shipping the seven at Swansea led to getting rid of Tinnion and the appointment of Johnson, which in turn led to promotion the following season, our highest league finish for a generation and several years at the level above. It lasted about 5 years. So, it depends what you mean by long term and or seismic change. But I’d argue that in the sphere of a football club, a managerial change is fairly seismic and a markedly improved position for at least half a decade is at least medium term success.

Fair. And...whisper it quietly...but for all the faults the Johnson reign is our most successful period at this level in modern times.

Decent example, although the seismic change I'd like to see is further up the hierarchy than the manager/head coach. Not sure we've ever seen board (or pseudo-board in the case of the Tecknical Directer) change after a defeat?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair. And...whisper it quietly...but for all the faults the Johnson reign is our most successful period at this level in modern times.

Decent example, although the seismic change I'd like to see is further up the hierarchy than the manager/head coach. Not sure we've ever seen board (or pseudo-board in the case of the Tecknical Directer) change after a defeat?

I’d agree with that. I’m not sure a defeat would ever lead to a sale of a club/chairman resignation so we’ll never get that far up the chain. I can, however foresee Tinnion acting to get rid of Liam and protect his own position. Ironically a 7-0 defeat may do for Liam but a run such as which we’re on continuing is more likely to also see BT go - so it may actually even be a decent result for him!

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I hate to say it…

Context was a bit different though - Tinnion had a year and a bit of mediocre results. Manning has had 5? Months and had some signs of progress at least, albeit others where we’ve gone backwards.

That said I do remember saying to my wife that I hoped we’d get humiliated once it was clear we were going to lose that Swansea game, as it might force hands. Sure enough…..

• Hmmm 1