IGNORED

If losing 7-0 tonight live on Sky forced change…

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

had some signs of progress at least

Genuinely not seeing this.  Performances have regressed, players have regressed, results have regressed and league position has regressed.  I see zero signs of any sort of progress.

• Like 8

@Ivorguy you've found a kindred spirit.

As far as losing 7-0....

If we were in the same league as the gas AND had absolutely nothing to play for AND it guaranteed that gas were relegated AND all our players celebrated every goal conceded by lifting up their shirt revealing a 'gas are going' down t-shirt whilst hi-fiving the fans then YES. In all other circumstances NO.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have any of our previous heavy defeats brought about seismic change that has delivered long-term success?

Interesting one. The only thing that has ever produced any modicum of success is developing our own young squad until they are ready to compete at the top.

This is fundamental to why many are so fed up with “The Board” and there decision to fire the guy who was doing it, and providing us the seismic change of Liam Manning! This guy is constantly telling us these players aren’t listening and he needs his own!

The seismic change happened when we lost at Cardiff last year. Firing Manning if we get beaten by more than a couple tonight would be just an after shock!

What City supporter would want a 7-0 thrashing? Well possibly a few on here I could think of  just to cement their position regarding Manning etc. Some of the comments of late are pretty much embarrassing, I get the frustration but to sack everyone  including the guy who keeps this club afloat is either naive or just brain dead. 

This game is a 'free hit' in that no one expects any return, Sunday a different matter. Lose Sunday and I feel there is no more excuses and he should go.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have any of our previous heavy defeats brought about seismic change that has delivered long-term success?

Exactly - when do the board wonder if it’s the managers they keep getting wrong or the set up they are working within? 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I’d argue the 6-0 Watford embarrassment tipped the scales heavily against the ludicrous Holden appointment & that his successor significantly improved our situation.

To answer the exam question though I don’t want us to lose tonight by any margin at all.

• Like 4

• Admin
21 minutes ago, One Team said:

I can’t imagine anyone would want to see us lose 7 - 0, but even if we did I don’t think they would sack him. 

Exactly my thoughts 

Never want to see us lost a game

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Tinnion getting sacked for GJ.

Tinnion resigned- it's all well documented .

His resignation did , however, bring in a period of great fun (mainly) and an 'almost' moment.

If you think LM will resign or be fired in the next 24-48 hours then you may well be disappointed.

50 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Context was a bit different though - Tinnion had a year and a bit of mediocre results. Manning has had 5? Months and had some signs of progress at least, albeit others where we’ve gone backwards.

That said I do remember saying to my wife that I hoped we’d get humiliated once it was clear we were going to lose that Swansea game, as it might force hands. Sure enough…..

This is a total myth which has constantly been churned out. 

There has been zero signs of any progress in his time here. 

Infact we have got worse. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Tinnion resigned- it's all well documented .

His resignation did , however, bring in a period of great fun (mainly) and an 'almost' moment.

If you think LM will resign or be fired in the next 24-48 hours then you may well be disappointed.

He got to resign simply due to the fact of being SLs friend.

Manning won't get that allowance.

I would hope are players are better than that losing 7-0 is a massive collapse i just can't see us doing that. It's one of those we turn up or we don't but it's how manning sets up from the start that's the important part. I'm not confident we will come back with anything but this is the championship so who knows.

• Like 1

Did the Few fire ..... Bobby Campbell? Bobby Gould? .... whoever it was after their 0:9? No seismic change at Eastville back then that I recall, think they just tootled along like nothing terribly untoward had taken place. I expect Peter Godsiff cheered them all up by writing something nice, telling them how "special" a club they were .... 

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Or an episode of The Repair Shop

"And what have you brought in to the shop today"

"Well Jay I've brought this. It's a 130 year old football club that my great-great-grandfather found in Bristol."

"Oh wow. Oh wow it's beautiful. A bit faded, a bit bashed about a bit isn't it. Looks like it's not been looked after brilliantly maybe?"

"Yeh it's had it's fair share of adventures. Quite a few ups and downs. Once went all the way down to the basement straight from the loft, quite the plummet that was. Took a beating but we've managed to get it straightened out a little bit ourselves."

"Wonderful. Now, what would you like us to do with it?"

"Well it's been in my family for generations you see, and really, really I just want to see it in an FA Cup final one more time, maybe a second place finish in the top division. God maybe even just a Gloucester Cup win."

"Yeh, yeh, well leave it with us and we'll see what we can do."

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1