IGNORED

FBC Podcast: IPSWICH [A] the verdict ..... City lose in 5 goal thriller but at least we put in a performance!

Join us live @ 9.00 Wednesday as we review the match action.

If only Nahki's effort had gone in rather than hit the post

Mehmeti - decent goal and deserved another but for a fine save

MOL saves penalty but Pring skinned by former player Wes Burns; should he have even started?

Does this ease the pressure on LM?

Plenty for DaveP, Mark, Ian, Tom & DaveFevs to talk about.

• Like 2

It was certainly an improvement on Saturday and we played well at times, but lets not kid ourselves, the concentration and defending was woeful.

We were out done second half by an in game management master class from McKenna, a coach of the like we can only dream of right now. 

9 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'll find the positives while the peasants are revolting. Look forward to you joining us tomorrow.

I completely get that Mark but look at where we are....I hope I don't hear anyone say that we weren't moaning when we beat Southampton. It was one game. The form is horrendous and stats don't lie.

Look at the form table and tell me if anyone is believing in the BT & JL project.

Board deluded. Feel for Manning but the lad has not helped himself trying to adopt a completely different playing style and please don't talk about injuries tomorrow. Every club gets them. 😂

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

An oasis of delusion again from these gentlemen. Of course we were going to play ok, as we have done all season against these types of teams

Yep. It was totally to be expected because we were able to play in a way that this squad was built to play. 

Tonight's performance in no way translates to games against teams that don't play an attacking game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I completely get that Mark but look at where we are....I hope I don't hear anyone say that we weren't moaning when we beat Southampton. It was one game. The form is horrendous and stats don't lie.

Look at the form table and tell me if anyone is believing in the BT & JL project.

Board deluded. Feel for Manning but the lad has not helped himself trying to adopt a completely different playing style and please don't talk about injuries tomorrow. Every club gets them. 😂

I said after the Southampton game that QPR would present a completely different problem, which we failed to beat. Repeat against Cardiff and a limp performance against Wednesday has created a mini crisis. Tonight was far better, but I'm under no illusions about fan reaction if we lose to Swansea. I'm absolutely sick right now and stressed out after watching that game Tomo. I can't pretend we managed the game well in the last 10 minutes. I'm hopeful this is a positive turning point, despite a defeat and we come back stronger. 

• Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Looking forward to seeing you @W-S-M Seagull. Actually think you talk some sense, so looking forward to seeing your matchup against Ian. 

It would be nice to see Mr S on a future podcast. I disagree with a lot of his points, but he frames them well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I'm tuning in just to call Ian a knob in the messages.😄

👍🏿 Also ask @Curr Avonwhere he gets his gear from? Probably all those green shoots he’s seeing!

Hopefully it will be lively. I’ll tune in after hours!

Edited by REDOXO

In a way manning is stuck in a vortex atm.

Play half decent = he's unlikely to get credit because most of that comes from an idea implemented pre him. No matter what he does there he isn't getting credit 

All the worst stuff, such as winning it in midfield but declining the option to counter multiple times, literally turning back to give it to a defender behind their attackers. Inviting their attackers to press then giving it away. All in the name of fake control, that's on him!!

Is that fair? Probably not, but it's still a reality he's going to find difficult to overcome.

Truthfully, those loses happen, can't win every game. It was a half decent performance. At times, we got the city we know is in there, but it's nothing to do with his footprint, or his ideological style.

Ipswich basically showed us how it's done.

all options on the table!
short, long, ground, air, to feet, in behind. They had all options at all times. And as soon as burns came on they simply added that weapon.

It was a relentless pursuit of goals. both games v us; they had always felt there to be had, but that is because they are really going for it

I don't think they've been that good in this game ,but it is that purpose that drove them to win the game.

Tonight showed we play our best when a team believes their best beats ours. According, swansea is probably huge. It's on him to show he's evolved and learning.

Is that fair? Probably not but that's the reality he is facing! Patience is going to be thin; he simply has to read the room and know patient fake control football is going to turn the crowd very quickly. 

Which takes me back to the top of my post, in a way he can't win.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

Play half decent = he's unlikely to get credit because most of that comes from an idea implemented pre him. No matter what he does there he isn't getting credit 

All the worst stuff, such as winning it in midfield but declining the option to counter multiple times, literally turning back to give it to a defender behind their attackers. Inviting their attackers to press then giving it away. All in the name of fake control, that's on him!!

Is that fair? Probably not, but it's still a reality he's going to find difficult to overcome.

Truthfully, those loses happen, can't win every game. It was a half decent performance. At times, we got the city we know is in there, but it's nothing to do with his footprint, or his ideological style.

short, long, ground, air, to feet, in behind. They had all options at all times. And as soon as burns came on they simply added that weapon.

It was a relentless pursuit of goals. both games v us; they had always felt there to be had, but that is because they are really going for it

I don't think they've been that good in this game ,but it is that purpose that drove them to win the game.

Tonight showed we play our best when a team believes their best beats ours. According, swansea is probably huge. It's on him to show he's evolved and learning.

Is that fair? Probably not but that's the reality he is facing! Patience is going to be thin; he simply has to read the room and know patient fake control football is going to turn the crowd very quickly. 

I’m not slating him tonight, but I ain’t giving him credit either.  If he was a player, he’d be getting a 6/10, nothing more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not slating him tonight, but I ain’t giving him credit either.  If he was a player, he’d be getting a 6/10, nothing more.

Sunderland now lost 5 in a row so giving it a good go as well. Sure their fans not impressed with their hiring and firing either.

27 minutes ago, The turtle said:

In more ways than one, unfortunately on a hiding to nothing and all the other cliches you can think of, frustrating because Wells scores and Mehmeti's shot goes in and who knows what could have happened, but some things never change, as usual it's not us equalising twice after being behind and getting a late winner, how much of that was Manning's fault who knows, we were a couple of minutes away from getting a result that would have lifted all our spirits but somehow most of us knew that somehow that wasn't the way it would turn out.  

On a light hearted note i'd love @Curr Avon aka Mark Tovey to quote a bit of ed Sheeran when he does his 30 second summary perhaps first half "I was in love with the shape of city but in the second half it was bad habits lead to late goals conceded away"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We didn’t play that well, it should have been 4 or 5 by the end way they battered us after the second goal. It was better but let’s not kid ourselves it was good. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 2

23 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We didn’t play that well, it should have been 4 or 5 by the end way they battered us after the second goal. It was better but let’s not kid ourselves it was good. 

We scored twice & hit the woodwork twice.

I’m completely agnostic on Manning but it was a better display than I expected.

Think he missed a trick at 2-2 but our ridiculous lack of squad depth is killing us, can’t be another side in the division bar Rotherham who regularly fail to fill the bench.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We scored twice & hit the woodwork twice.

I’m completely agnostic on Manning but it was a better display than I expected.

Think he missed a trick at 2-2 but our ridiculous lack of squad depth is killing us, can’t be another side in the division bar Rotherham who regularly fail to fill the bench.

Lack of depth of excessive injuries?

Bit of both probably. If you look at Ipswich they've had very few relative to us. Bit of an outlier perhaps 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lack of depth of excessive injuries?

Bit of both probably. If you look at Ipswich they've had very few relative to us. Bit of an outlier perhaps 

More the former though a bit of both.

Realistically we are missing 4 players through injury as Atkinson hasn’t played for a year now & Benarous for 2.

Lots of sides have broadly similar numbers out to that but last night’s bench of 7 (!) had 3 players who have never started a Championship game on it & another one in Roberts who has started 4, plus King.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Flames 2