IGNORED

FBC Podcast: IPSWICH [A] the verdict ..... City lose in 5 goal thriller but at least we put in a performance!

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ian is a very different character when @Davefevs is on the pod! 

Noticeably , although as usual he paid zero attention to what anyone else had to say tapping away on a phone or keypad and noticeably today , not in the accompanying text messages like he normally does as there were a few 👍🏻 challenging his b********

Probably texting Tinnion 

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Noticeably , although as usual he paid zero attention to what anyone else had to say tapping away on a phone or keypad and noticeably today , not in the accompanying text messages like he normally does as there were a few 👍🏻 challenging his b********

Probably texting Tinnion 

"I told them all you had nothing to do with the recruitment of Manning" 

I was there challenging everything he said but it was very noticeable that he didn't write any comments in the live chat like he usually does! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I listened to the last 15 or so Dave. 

It is without any doubt in my mind that Mr Manning was recommended by Brian T.

I’ve said a couple of times before that this week is huge for Brian. If we don’t win (I would snatch a point if it were offered) on Sunday then he is on the chopping block as much as anyone else. However what do you do if you are SL JL or Gavin Marshall (I’m sure he’s delighted that we are hearing his name so often now.) 😝 

I believe There are some things to consider  

1 Gavin is the accountant and the thing he knows above all else is the value and revenue of the club will plummet if we go down. On top of that he maybe held somewhat liable by SL himself in the hiring. The paying off of a few contracts is small potatoes compared to that. 

2 Who replaces BT. I very much note Ian’s comments regarding the same people making the decision. I can see gardening leave and a gentle change in the summer in his future if things go badly, but who is available to make football recommendations other than him in the short term? I don’t know, but I suspect Mr Scudamore might have a clue about who and I would be amazed if one or two things haven’t already been ran by him. We already know he has a lot of influence at the club. 

3 Who will we bring in as manager /head coach? My thought is nobody for the time being. As someone said Mr Manning was too big a change mid season, so you make a temporary replacement from within the club and get the players to buy into it. King is the obvious choice, with a couple of assistants you could pick any two from five I reckon. As you have stated often, this is a good group of lads/players who I know will put it in if the shackles came off!

God I hope we win on Sunday! The thought of a relegation battle and going to Stoke on the last day needing something makes me feel a little bit sick. But here we are! There are no sure things whatever we do but Mr Manning looks so out of his depth it’s almost cruelty to keep him!

Re.2. They’ve probably burned any bridges with Scudamore after he recommended Phil Alexander!

35 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Probably texting Tinnion 

I noticed very little “texting” too.  I wondered what what taking his concentration too!

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Could be Liam’s epitaph:

How could there be inspiration when you gave me none

Another song lyric I’ve been singing wrong for 40+ years.

@headhunter intro music re Queen “let them eat cake…just like Marie Antoinette” no idea what I used to sing, but it wasn’t that!

And done! More than decent podcast today.

@Davefevs bringing up that the Ipswich manager had stated we played exactly how he expected, challenging someone else's view was a good moment.

I felt everyone contributed very well this week, and all make some excellent points to be digested.

However, the argument we shouldn't change manager, as the same guys who did this one would make the next decision; that can't be real? Has to be a wind up??  There are just so many flaws with that argument, like every club, every manager gone wrong ever ever ever.

Finally, wanting city to win every game...... There a stark reality incoming.

Option A.

Win enough games, manning stays.... Change the majority of the squad, spend a lot of money with absolutely no guarantees of success next season. He could then still lose his job, and then what? Another rebuild?

Option b

lose most games, do just enough to stay up. But change in summer.

I don't think I could ever be in a spot where i want us to start losing, but there is a real discussion to be had if that's actually what would be best for the club 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Option c 

Manning keeps us up then we thank him for his services, look for a more experienced manager and revamp the structure. By which I mean make it fit for purpose.

Option D

Recognise he was the wrong fit for us and that he is limited in ability at this level and cut our losses now and part ways. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
On 05/03/2024 at 22:12, headhunter said:

Join us live @ 9.00 Wednesday as we review the match action.

If only Nahki's effort had gone in rather than hit the post

Mehmeti - decent goal and deserved another but for a fine save

MOL saves penalty but Pring skinned by former player Wes Burns; should he have even started?

Does this ease the pressure on LM?

Plenty for DaveP, Mark, Ian, Tom & DaveFevs to talk about.

Hey Dave, have you considered cutting out the middle-man (IG) and inviting Tins directly onto the podcast for a future episode?

• Flames 1