IGNORED

FBC Podcast: IPSWICH [A] the verdict ..... City lose in 5 goal thriller but at least we put in a performance!

Good point @Davefevs these players are decent. 
It’s not about making them technically better - if they can’t do things now they never will. It’s about getting them organised and confident in what they do. 
Manning should have taken a pragmatic approach and evolved things, not a revolution - but is he capable/flexible enough?
I agree, it’s time to pull the trigger now. It’s a shame to have to start again but that’s the reality of it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good pod lads. Good to see my catchphrase of game management featuring prominently!

Highlight undoubtedly Ian trying to deny Tinnion had any say in picking the manager. Meal ticket at risk Mr Gay?

I was pissing myself at this. 

JL previously said that it would be him and Tinnion conducting the interviews. We all know he was far more involved than that but even on the basic involvement of interviewing of course he had a say. 

@headhunter made a good point that the board are obviously not footballing people and that they are taking footballing advice from their technical director

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

JL previously said that it would be him and Tinnion conducting the interviews. We all know he was far more involved than that but even on the basic involvement of interviewing of course he had a say. 

@headhunter made a good point that the board are obviously not footballing people and that they are taking footballing advice from their technical director

Yeah surely this, JL wouldn’t be taking a technical decision over the manager. 
he should, however, have been all over things like: is this person a good fit for BCFC? would he have the correct media presence? Will supporters warm to him? etc. 

The biggest mistake was us (presumably led by Tinnion) dictating the sort of football and manager, sorry coach,  we wanted rather than getting people in and saying “here’s a group of players, a decent academy, not a lot of money to spend… what would you do to make the most of it?” You never know the candidates might have had better ideas than BT!!!

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good pod lads. Good to see my catchphrase of game management featuring prominently!

Highlight undoubtedly Ian trying to deny Tinnion had any say in picking the manager. Meal ticket at risk Mr Gay?

Not heard the pod yet but sounds hilarious!

To reiterate a point I made on another thread, I have it on impeccable authority that he had a hand in Nige’s sacking and Manning’s appointment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Silvio Dante, @W-S-M Seagull quotes from Tinnion when Manning was appointed. Whether right or wrong appointment , Tinnion was involved in the process. if Manning is sacked then the same people are highly likely to be involved in the process. Mentioned on pod that there is a list of coaches we’re interested in, whose put that list together - suspect it’s the same who made this appointment.

Once we had gone for ‘the head coach’ and not manager, you want really a young, up-and-coming, on-the-grass, develop the players, develop the style; so once we had narrowed it down to what we wanted, he was one that came out straight away, really high,” Tinnion added. 

“We’d known he had really good success coming into the club with MK Dons in his first season, we knew he had lost a lot of his good players he developed in that season to bigger clubs, and then we knew he had a problem after that.

“But once we spoke to him, it was really interesting to find out what had happened in that time. He had lost the good players that he had developed, and then the players were brought in for him and he was a little bit detached from the recruitment process. So then, when he lost his job, because the players weren’t as good as the one he lost, he really focused on that part of the problem that had happened.

“So when he went to Oxford, obviously he kept them up, and there were 17 players he lost in the summer and they recruited 11 players in and he was very much involved in that process. So he learned from the mistakes at MK Dons. And the good thing for us is he’ll be very much involved here.”

Edited by daored
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Even Sean Gilhespy was in the interviews.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Basically Donald Trump levels of lying then.

• Like 5

Having seen the last few I am convinced Ian has been told to say the most crazy outrageous things he can as click bate to bring more people into the podcast , his stuff dose give that pod a sort of propaganda for the club feel as it's his stuff you remember later but it's not really fair on the others who say some good balanced stuff, 

I must admit I do find it confusing from Ian.

if you have a club source who would rather be anonymous (BT) then defending them blind saying they had no involvement with the LM appointment is completely bizarre. It’s as though he doesn’t realise people have sussed out who it is giving him information and instead of now balancing it out and at least attempting to make it seem as though BT is not the source he’s doubling down and making it worse.

It’s like some sort of Alan Partridge skit

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, daored said:

“But once we spoke to him, it was really interesting to find out what had happened in that time. He had lost the good players that he had developed, and then the players were brought in for him and he was a little bit detached from the recruitment process. So then, when he lost his job, because the players weren’t as good as the one he lost, he really focused on that part of the problem that had happened.

Thanks, and this is the key quote from that - when you break it down it says:

- They weren’t my players guv

- The players I lost (that weren’t mine either, they were Russell’s) were better

- Although I am an on the grass coach I couldn’t coach worse players and I can only do it with good players

How that is an answer when you’ve brought him in to kick on a group of players who also aren’t his beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

if you have a club source who would rather be anonymous (BT) then defending them blind saying they had no involvement with the LM appointment is completely bizarre. It’s as though he doesn’t realise people have sussed out who it is giving him information and instead of now balancing it out and at least attempting to make it seem as though BT is not the source he’s doubling down and making it worse.

It was both completely hilarious and completely cringeworthy as he squirmed and sighed desperately trying to absolve Tinnion of any blame

What a Clown 

9 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

custom alan GIF

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tom.

Its smell my cheese!

”Stop getting Bond Partridge wrong!”

I’ve had an absolute disaster there I’ve got the box sets and all.

gutted with myself to get that wrong 🤣

image.jpg

Edited by TomSutton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

What I dont quite think he understands, is that by blindly defending BT saying he wasn’t involved, is basically saying he was not required in the biggest decision in the day to day running of the football squad, as the man running the day to day for the football club as a whole. 

So by that account, they either don’t rate him enough to be involved, or Tinnion has had a decision made above his head for something he is directly responsible for, which really is grounds for constructive dismissal if he really wanted it. Dunno which one he would prefer it is, to fit his narrative. Probably the latter. 

It’s like saying the headteacher isn’t responsible for improving the OFSTED report. 

EDIT - also appears Tinnion isn’t responsible for recruitment, it’s the manager. 

So we have someone who heads up the entire football operation who isn’t responsible for the manager, nor responsible for the squad? Sounds like a pretty ******* sweet deal to me. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

I’ve had an absolute disaster there I’ve got the box sets and all.

gutted with myself to get that wrong 🤣

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Len!

Len!!!

Len!!!!

He's not heard me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Having seen the last few I am convinced Ian has been told to say the most crazy outrageous things he can as click bate to bring more people into the podcast , his stuff dose give that pod a sort of propaganda for the club feel as it's his stuff you remember later but it's not really fair on the others who say some good balanced stuff, 

I can assure you that isn’t the reason.

25 minutes ago, petehinton said:

What I dont quite think he understands, is that by blindly defending BT saying he wasn’t involved, is basically saying he was not required in the biggest decision in the day to day running of the football squad, as the man running the day to day for the football club as a whole. 

So by that account, they either don’t rate him enough to be involved, or Tinnion has had a decision made above his head for something he is directly responsible for, which really is grounds for constructive dismissal if he really wanted it. Dunno which one he would prefer it is, to fit his narrative. Probably the latter. 

It’s like saying the headteacher isn’t responsible for improving the OFSTED report. 

EDIT - also appears Tinnion isn’t responsible for recruitment, it’s the manager. 

So we have someone who heads up the entire football operation who isn’t responsible for the manager, nor responsible for the squad? Sounds like a pretty ******* sweet deal to me. 

maybe Tinnion is the guy responsible for the “final third” stuff, but Manning gave the tools to the players not Tins!

13 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Sunderland now lost 5 in a row so giving it a good go as well. Sure their fans not impressed with their hiring and firing either.

Us, Sunderland and Brim

3 sides who sacked managers doing good jobs all of whom have suffered since.

Just shows the real incompetents are the owners and Directors of Football 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Sorry mate no, he's always been a complete dick.....

• Flames 2

Fair play @Davefevs for nailing your colours to the mast regarding making a decision on LM 

big big spotlight on Tinnion right now who , if remotely professional, should be assessing every aspect of LM right now and the indicators going forward 

People say ‘Don’t want to be a Club that sacks it’s managers every few months’ etc etc

We are not , we are probably the other way and not ruthless enough, 

But I’ve always believed that far,  far , worse is hankering down on a bad decision and compounding it

(ie For example burning money on a coach who you don’t believe in)

Good decision makers also realise when they’ve made bad ones and put personal ego or face to one side and rectify them

As I’ve said before ........  Over to you Brian

• Like 3