IGNORED

FBC Podcast: IPSWICH [A] the verdict ..... City lose in 5 goal thriller but at least we put in a performance!

25 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Fair play @Davefevs for nailing your colours to the mast regarding making a decision on LM 

big big spotlight on Tinnion right now who , if remotely professional, should be assessing every aspect of LM right now and the indicators going forward 

People say ‘Don’t want to be a Club that sacks it’s managers every few months’ etc etc

We are not , we are probably the other way and not ruthless enough, 

But I’ve always believed that far,  far , worse is hankering down on a bad decision and compounding it

(ie For example burning money on a coach who you don’t believe in)

Good decision makers also realise when they’ve made bad ones and put personal ego or face to one side and rectify them

As I’ve said before ........  Over to you Brian

They got rid of Deano when it was clear it wasn't working so it's not beyond possibility. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They got rid of Deano when it was clear it wasn't working so it's not beyond possibility. 

And @Davefevs nailed it on the pod , when Ian Gay was squirming and excusing Tinnion , when he said you if you’ve ****** up you need to look at the relevant decision makers and influences that made it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

It was both completely hilarious and completely cringeworthy as he squirmed and sighed desperately trying to absolve Tinnion of any blame

What a Clown 

Tins and Ian after the Pod this morning!

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And @Davefevs nailed it on the pod , when Ian Gay was squirming and excusing Tinnion , when he said you if you’ve ****** up you need to look at the relevant decision makers and influences that made it

Whose idea was it to appoint Deano? 

I started watching. But stoped it after ten. 

Same crap different day! You just sit there and wait for the absolution of Manning and Tinnion. 

If that been any other manager (particularly Pearson) there would of been all sorts of mayhem, but because the football club can partially control the message and no one really gets in Ian’s face it’s a bore fest. 

Four defeats in a row and some are praising our team for not being utter rubbish

I think I’ll try another podcast next week !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

and SL phoned Nige…? 

Good q max

it was a strange appointment for the Lansdowns

I think I’m right in recalling NP indicated his interest , (To SL)  and it certainly came across as a SL decision , and in fairness , he’s got lots wrong but for the situation he ultimately chose the right man.

Maybe Holden was his too as he obviously preceded the NP appointment but it had a JL fingerprint over it IMO

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Good q max

it was a strange appointment for the Lansdowns

I think I’m right in recalling NP indicated his interest , and it certainly came across as a SL decision , and in fairness , he’s got lots wrong but for the situation he ultimately chose the right man.

Maybe Holden was his too as he obviously preceded the NP appointment but it had a JL fingerprint over it IMO

I'm just thinking that SL did pull rank when things went wrong, and might do again?

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm just thinking that SL did pull rank when things went wrong, and might do again?

Possibly -

I see interestingly on another thread that KITR has said that last time JL had a dabble McInnes and SOD were his choices / picks 🙄

As appears widely accepted Cotts , who got us out of that was Keith Dawes ‘Man’

it seems everyone’s had a go , or a few turns 🙄

Maybe Gavin Marshall’s turn to choose  🙄

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I started watching. But stoped it after ten. 

Same crap different day! You just sit there and wait for the absolution of Manning and Tinnion. 

If that been any other manager (particularly Pearson) there would of been all sorts of mayhem, but because the football club can partially control the message and no one really gets in Ian’s face it’s a bore fest. 

Four defeats in a row and some are praising our team for not being utter rubbish

I think I’ll try another podcast next week !

As I have said to others, you are welcome to contribute and in your case have the opportunity, as you put it,  to "really get in Ian's face" 😉

We are not in the pay of BCFC and if you listened you would have seen Ian as being in the minority in his defence of LM; even @Davefevs was suggesting a continuation of the results sequence might mean it is time to call time on LM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

As I have said to others, you are welcome to contribute and in your case have the opportunity, as you put it,  to "really get in Ian's face" 😉

We are not in the pay of BCFC and if you listened you would have seen Ian as being in the minority in his defence of LM; even @Davefevs was suggesting a continuation of the results sequence might mean it is time to call time on LM.

Dave has said that Manning should go NOW previously. Ian even said as much on a previous show. (Your friend Dave Fevs was the comment) Thats old news. He even said it on Radio Bristol. 

I don’t think “you” singular are in the “pay/pocket” of BCFC but Ian is clearly in the pocket of influences from within the club which makes your show and his constant tweets predictable! I joined twitter recently just to respond to some of the constant garbage! 

The issue was that all the time little nuggets of info from within the club came out on your show everyone was ok with it.  

The fact is he’s been allowed to get away with the rhetoric for a long time and others have been guilty of going along with constant attacks on the last manager and a constant defense of this. Nobody’s agenda coming across there!

However this shit show is now indefensible so it’s not much of a surprise that people are out on a limb.

I expect a show to have controversy that’s why I switched off the other podcasts (which I will try again now) but I don’t expect them to have a mouthpiece for influences within Bristol Sport as a main contributor! Has anyone out and out asked him if he is getting information from Brian T on air? 

I will think about your kind offer to come on air and I will text you at some point over the coming weeks to try and arrange it. But I am typically six hours behind you so nine am won’t work. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, daored said:

@Silvio Dante, @W-S-M Seagull quotes from Tinnion when Manning was appointed. Whether right or wrong appointment , Tinnion was involved in the process. if Manning is sacked then the same people are highly likely to be involved in the process. Mentioned on pod that there is a list of coaches we’re interested in, whose put that list together - suspect it’s the same who made this appointment.

Once we had gone for ‘the head coach’ and not manager, you want really a young, up-and-coming, on-the-grass, develop the players, develop the style; so once we had narrowed it down to what we wanted, he was one that came out straight away, really high,” Tinnion added. 

“We’d known he had really good success coming into the club with MK Dons in his first season, we knew he had lost a lot of his good players he developed in that season to bigger clubs, and then we knew he had a problem after that.

“But once we spoke to him, it was really interesting to find out what had happened in that time. He had lost the good players that he had developed, and then the players were brought in for him and he was a little bit detached from the recruitment process. So then, when he lost his job, because the players weren’t as good as the one he lost, he really focused on that part of the problem that had happened.

“So when he went to Oxford, obviously he kept them up, and there were 17 players he lost in the summer and they recruited 11 players in and he was very much involved in that process. So he learned from the mistakes at MK Dons. And the good thing for us is he’ll be very much involved here.”

In bold hmmmmm. Was there another manager who lost players, that he’d been involved with developing and it affected his success. 😮

Amazing how they fully understood the background to LMs eventual failure at MK Dons, yet could not apply the same logic and understanding with NP, despite very similar circumstances  just find that crazy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

even @Davefevs was suggesting a continuation of the results sequence might mean it is time to call time on LM.

Nah, I said I’d bite the bullet now…in fact I said it should’ve been last Saturday!!!

I saw nothing in his head-coaching last night that altered my opinion that’s been building for many weeks.  It’s a shame I feel this way.

However it changes nothing what I think.  I’m sure he’ll be here in the summer.  I don’t think we’ll go down, but last night is result reduced my confidence.

I’m amazed as the slack (not flak) he’s getting, especially the inconsistency from some.

One thing is for sure, for a club with shit comms generally, they are pretty good at standing-up a PR machine to push inaccurate narratives into the fanbase.

@REDOXO might be worth listening to the last 10 mins, after the game review finished.

• Like 2

Watched it all the way thru and agreed with many of the points raised particularly Manning not reacting when it was clear changes were needed. Bringing on the vastly experienced King was the obvious move along with Roberts to replace the unfit Pring but he did bugger all.

I was also surprised that no one mentioned that City did to Ipswich in the first half exactly what QPR and Cardiff had done to us at AG with their deep block - the difference being that Manning couldn’t work out a game plan to counter it whilst Ipswich did in the second half. Their substitutions had a significant impact.

I daresay that the Jacks will adopt a similar games plan on Sunday and unless Manning can devise a strategy then we’re looking at another home loss.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, I said I’d bite the bullet now…in fact I said it should’ve been last Saturday!!!

I saw nothing in his head-coaching last night that altered my opinion that’s been building for many weeks.  It’s a shame I feel this way.

However it changes nothing what I think.  I’m sure he’ll be here in the summer.  I don’t think we’ll go down, but last night is result reduced my confidence.

I’m amazed as the slack (not flak) he’s getting, especially the inconsistency from some.

One thing is for sure, for a club with shit comms generally, they are pretty good at standing-up a PR machine to push inaccurate narratives into the fanbase.

@REDOXO might be worth listening to the last 10 mins, after the game review finished.

Will do David. 

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I daresay that the Jacks will adopt a similar games plan on Sunday and unless Manning can devise a strategy then we’re looking at another home loss.

Not according to this recent article: 

Captain Matt Grimes believes Luke Williams' commitment to a possession-based style will help Swansea City reconnect with their fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c6p1p29e78do

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I'm with you Dave, after meeting him yesterday the guy needs a personality implant, how he can motivate players is beyond me

• Like 1

I listened to the last 15 or so Dave. 

It is without any doubt in my mind that Mr Manning was recommended by Brian T.

I’ve said a couple of times before that this week is huge for Brian. If we don’t win (I would snatch a point if it were offered) on Sunday then he is on the chopping block as much as anyone else. However what do you do if you are SL JL or Gavin Marshall (I’m sure he’s delighted that we are hearing his name so often now.) 😝 

I believe There are some things to consider  

1 Gavin is the accountant and the thing he knows above all else is the value and revenue of the club will plummet if we go down. On top of that he maybe held somewhat liable by SL himself in the hiring. The paying off of a few contracts is small potatoes compared to that. 

2 Who replaces BT. I very much note Ian’s comments regarding the same people making the decision. I can see gardening leave and a gentle change in the summer in his future if things go badly, but who is available to make football recommendations other than him in the short term? I don’t know, but I suspect Mr Scudamore might have a clue about who and I would be amazed if one or two things haven’t already been ran by him. We already know he has a lot of influence at the club. 

3 Who will we bring in as manager /head coach? My thought is nobody for the time being. As someone said Mr Manning was too big a change mid season, so you make a temporary replacement from within the club and get the players to buy into it. King is the obvious choice, with a couple of assistants you could pick any two from five I reckon. As you have stated often, this is a good group of lads/players who I know will put it in if the shackles came off!

God I hope we win on Sunday! The thought of a relegation battle and going to Stoke on the last day needing something makes me feel a little bit sick. But here we are! There are no sure things whatever we do but Mr Manning looks so out of his depth it’s almost cruelty to keep him!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

@REDOXO

What amazes me is that the same people that thought Pearson should have been sacked because results were not good enough are now of the opinion that Manning needs to be given time and a summer etc. 

• Like 4