IGNORED

tommys not happy?

13 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

So can I assume just the one meeting or more ?

could just be you let him at the wrong time, we all have bad days where people’s opinions might be different to how we actually are.

Clutching at straws bud, body language says Lew is right.

Very happy chappy whenever he's scored before, beaming.

19 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

could just be you let him at the wrong time, we all have bad days where people’s opinions might be different to how we actually are.

He's his best mate.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

His body language is always like that, talk about trying to find something to moan about for the sake of it

Really? It wasn’t a moan either. It was a valid observation. Feel free to find footage of him scoring a goal and looking so angry/frustrated. He’s normally all smiles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Clutching at straws bud, body language says Lew is right.

Very happy chappy whenever he's scored before, beaming.

He may not be happy at the moment but Lew didn’t say that.

he said that he got the impression that TC is a bit of a dick.

those are different things 

25 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

It was the one occasion in the summer. And yeah I get that, just didn’t really like what I was hearing.

Don’t think anything else needs to said.

4 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Depending on who the manager is he might be okay with that 

Maybe, personally I hope he stays but it looks unlikely, apparently there's been a new deal on the table since last summer 

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

In numerous interviews both Conway and Manning have said he's been asked to play a different way. 

So not coached out of him then?

Just expected to add more to his game?

40 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Depending on who the manager is he might be okay with that 

A new deal was offered when NP was in charge, perhaps he will sign now we have a different Manager?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

So not coached out of him then?

Just expected to add more to his game?

A new deal was offered when NP was in charge, perhaps he will sign now we have a different Manager?

Maybe the deal wasn’t to his liking, doesn’t mean he didn’t sign it because of NP.

Maybe he knew what was coming and didn’t want to commit.

there’s many reasons why he might or might not sign a contract, manager is just one of the factors 

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Some would say expected to add more to his game

others would say he’s had the stronger points of his game neutralised.

opinions eh 😂

Feeding and utilising TC would have been my main focus tbh

Instead we’ve nullified his threat and to such a degree that he’s not even a starter at present time

If we lose him I believe we’ve ******** up big time

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Feeding and utilising TC would have been my main focus tbh

Instead we’ve nullified his threat and to such a degree that he’s not even a starter at present time

If we lose him I believe we’ve ******** up big time

For me we’re still playing too many square pegs in round holes and it goes back to something I’ve said many times.

If LM wanted to change the style of play then that’s fine, but if the squad he inherited isn’t up to that and can’t perform to the required level then you have to play to the teams strengths whilst trying to implement your new ideas gradually.

you then find out who’s up to it and who’s not and you can recruit accordingly.

Hopefully that would have meant that we’d have seen a smoother transition in style with better results.

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Get the impression Conway is a bit of a dick in all honesty. I’m sure he will do well elsewhere, but for the relatively short time in our first team, he thinks he is way above our station.

He thinks your one.....

• Sad 1

As a Father of a 6 year old boy who's hero is Tommy Conway I'm going to be gutted when he leaves in the summer.

For those abusing him me and my Son were fortunate enough to meet him and I can honestly say I've never met and spoken to somebody so down to earth and normal. He made such an impact on my boy and whatever happens I'll always be grateful for that.

To me, he seems frustrated and there does seem to be an acceptance from him in terms of body language that he'll be off but I wouldn't say that's diminished his work rate at all.

• Like 8

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Maybe the deal wasn’t to his liking, doesn’t mean he didn’t sign it because of NP.

Maybe he knew what was coming and didn’t want to commit.

Neither of us know if it was or wasn't to do with NP being in charge, but it's just as feasible as those that are trying to imply he won't sign because LM is here. 

So you are saying he may have known before anyone else that NP was to be sacked, LM would replace him and we'd go on a losing run?

1 hour ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Yes I’d like him to stay, he’s an instinctive goalscorer and I think there’s plenty more goals in him.

Agreed, but like Scott and Semenyo, if another team higher up the chain comes calling offering to quadruple his money what can you do

• Like 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

As a Father of a 6 year old boy who's hero is Tommy Conway I'm going to be gutted when he leaves in the summer.

For those abusing him me and my Son were fortunate enough to meet him and I can honestly say I've never met and spoken to somebody so down to earth and normal. He made such an impact on my boy and whatever happens I'll always be grateful for that.

To me, he seems frustrated and there does seem to be an acceptance from him in terms of body language that he'll be off but I wouldn't say that's diminished his work rate at all.

To be fair many of us could copy and paste the above and insert another players name from the years of supporting our club

As you and so many are suddenly body language experts perhaps you could explain where this body language has been shown and how it proves it is all to do with his football? 

God forbid a young lad may be having personal problems completely unrelated to football if at all 

This is just the latest nonsense created to bash LM and all of sudden people take it as confirmed 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Neither of us know if it was or wasn't to do with NP being in charge, but it's just as feasible as those that are trying to imply he won't sign because LM is here. 

So you are saying he may have known before anyone else that NP was to be sacked, LM would replace him and we'd go on a losing run?

He’s had a contract on the table a good few months before NP left and he didn’t sign it, this paranoia that every little thing that goes wrong is down to Manning is crazy 

• Like 2

• Admin
5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

He doesn't suit the system, the problem isn't Tommy, the problem is what Tommy is being asked to do,

He's been asked to play as a loan striker with his back to goal, that doesn't suit his physical make up or his ability,

He's better off playing in a front too, and getting on the end of crosses from a wide man or strike partner

He thrived under Pearson style and is struggling under mannings style

If he expects to make it in the game he's going to have to learn to expand his game and add more strings to his bow 

There's no way anyone up the ladder is going to be building a team around him in the near future