IGNORED

tommys not happy?

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Neither of us know if it was or wasn't to do with NP being in charge, but it's just as feasible as those that are trying to imply he won't sign because LM is here. 

So you are saying he may have known before anyone else that NP was to be sacked, LM would replace him and we'd go on a losing run?

No I didn’t say that, but I’m sure the players know a lot better than any of us what the politics within the club are like.

i made no suggestion that he knew LM would replace NP or how our form would be.

i said there are many factors that can influence a players decision to sign a new contract not just who the manager is 

10 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agreed, but like Scott and Semenyo, if another team higher up the chain comes calling offering to quadruple his money what can you do

With his contract situation I’m sure we won’t be getting Semenyo or Scott type money and like any of us if somebody offered to quadruple our salary to do the same job I’m sure we’d all be off to a new employer 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

If he expects to make it in the game he's going to have to learn to expand his game and add more strings to his bow 

There's no way anyone up the ladder is going to be building a team around him in the near future 

Are you suggesting he does not want to expand his game and improve ? That is a strange . Why do you have that impression ? He seems a willing lad from all that he shows and says. 
There is also no way up the ladder anyone leaves a forward so isolated. 
It will be interesting to see how is career develops at his new club. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I remember people saying the same about Brett Pitman. Like Tom, he just has one of those grim-looking faces on pitch. Didn't stop Pitman scoring some important goals from us and doing well elsewhere before the ill-advised move to the Fewers saw him never work in League football again! :laughcont: Scored seven in one game at Wessex League level mind you, in December. 

Aaaah...

... remember the time we had him and Wells clicking on the pitch?

The 'Sour Faced Assassins'.

• Like 2

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Are you suggesting he does not want to expand his game and improve ? That is a strange . Why do you have that impression ? He seems a willing lad from all that he shows and says. 
There is also no way up the ladder anyone leaves a forward so isolated. 
It will be interesting to see how is career develops at his new club. 

Perhaps you could highlight the part where I wrote that? 

It's other people that are implying he has "bad body language" due to having to change his game 

I'd be very concerned about any footballer at his age that didn't want to expand their game and add to their qualities 

• Admin
7 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Did not look happy when he entered the pitch. Not a smile when he scored a brilliant goal, from a brilliant cross. I wonder why.

Perhaps here's the answer to something that you seem to have seen last night 

2 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

We all have bad days 

Will know what his best mate is on. Will know that the grass really is greener where AG is concerned; we are a busted flush, going nowhere fast. Better off out of here, with the benefit of extra £££; it's a no-brainer. Anyone advising him to the contrary is a fool.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

To be fair many of us could copy and paste the above and insert another players name from the years of supporting our club

As you and so many are suddenly body language experts perhaps you could explain where this body language has been shown and how it proves it is all to do with his football? 

God forbid a young lad may be having personal problems completely unrelated to football if at all 

This is just the latest nonsense created to bash LM and all of sudden people take it as confirmed 

Wait, where on Earth have I mentioned Manning or implied it's anything to do with him!?

I think ever since the club (which I think was Pearson to shatter your illusion I'm beating Manning with a stick) went public with a contract offer Conway has seemed more frustrated in terms of body language and attitude on the pitch and to some extent in his press interviews. The interviews have been a lot more guarded rather than full of excitement and enthusiasm like they were last season, even to some extent after the West Ham game too. A lot less comments about the club and how happy he is to be here...

He's been clearly more frustrated with his team mates when he's not received passes after making runs or players make the wrong option! What else are we supposed to infer from that? 'Ah, Conway is annoyed that Williams has overhit another pass but maybe he's just frustrated with stuff away from football?'

As I said, I don't think that's diminished his work rate at all and given he's isolated with no support who can blame him for being more frustrated? As you've mentioned Manning, it's clear he's not found a way to use Conway effectively and that's a really big issue right now, one of several piling up. But it's also not related to the contents of my post.

Stop looking into agendas that aren't there and focus on the post, I wish I was subtle enough to infer and put things between the lines but I'm really not. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

No I didn’t say that, but I’m sure the players know a lot better than any of us what the politics within the club are like.

i made no suggestion that he knew LM would replace NP or how our form would be.

i said there are many factors that can influence a players decision to sign a new contract not just who the manager is 

The biggest factor in players leaving us is they know we’re going absolutely nowhere.

• Like 3

• Admin
3 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Wait, where on Earth have I mentioned Manning or implied it's anything to do with him!?

I think ever since the club (which I think was Pearson to shatter your illusion I'm beating Manning with a stick) went public with a contract offer Conway has seemed more frustrated in terms of body language and attitude on the pitch and to some extent in his press interviews. The interviews have been a lot more guarded rather than full of excitement and enthusiasm like they were last season, even to some extent after the West Ham game too. A lot less comments about the club and how happy he is to be here...

He's been clearly more frustrated with his team mates when he's not received passes after making runs or players make the wrong option! What else are we supposed to infer from that? 'Ah, Conway is annoyed that Williams has overhit another pass but maybe he's just frustrated with stuff away from football?'

As I said, I don't think that's diminished his work rate at all and given he's isolated with no support who can blame him for being more frustrated? As you've mentioned Manning, it's clear he's not found a way to use Conway effectively and that's a really big issue right now, one of several piling up. But it's also not related to the contents of my post.

Stop looking into agendas that aren't there and focus on the post, I wish I was subtle enough to infer and put things between the lines but I'm really not. 

Take a deep breath and read my reply again, I didn't say you had mentioned Manning 

As I said its very possible if there's anything impacting him it could be outside of football? 

Another thing, he's just been called up to Scotland U21s, maybe he's disappointed he thought he'd be in the full squad and he's already been told he's not going to be promoted? 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

The biggest factor in players leaving us is they know we’re going absolutely nowhere.

That's definitely a factor but I'd put salary, quality of life etc way above a club being successful 

Look how many great footballers never win anything 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

That's definitely a factor but I'd put salary, quality of life etc way above a club being successful 

Look how many great footballers never win anything 

There can’t be many places to live than the Bristol area, especially if you’ve got a few £££, unfortunately we’re still seen as a bit of a footballing backwater 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Take a deep breath and read my reply again, I didn't say you had mentioned Manning 

As I said its very possible if there's anything impacting him it could be outside of football? 

Another thing, he's just been called up to Scotland U21s, maybe he's disappointed he thought he'd be in the full squad and he's already been told he's not going to be promoted? 

No you referred to it as 'nonsense created to bash LM' which based on my post and subsequent response isn't true...

But hey, keep on patronising 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's part-Scottish. Whattya gonna do? :dunno:

What grates with me at the moment is that Wells is suddenly the new scapegoat, presumably due to his age. 

Conway's dip in form ,however, is apparently due to the coach being tactically inept (true). 

Nahki doesn't get that pass, because he's in his thirties, so obviously his legs have gone and he's past it. 

Really annoys me. 

Play the both of them up front. I'd bet that, although they wouldn't mask Manning's shortcomings, we would see both return to better form.

Edited by Superjack
Autocorrect, as usual.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I would suggest there is no way if LM is still here! May have done if Nige was still here and we were progressing.

Ifs and buts, Roger. If LM is still here - he may walk before the end of the season, but thankfully he wont be reading some of the minority nonsense on here! Thank goodness Pearson is no longer here, what he would have done with the cup run and all these games and injuries, we can only tremble to think so the final IF about progressing doesnt come into it as we'd have been bottom 2 by now. Pearson's legacy will be leaving this club because the management didnt trust him in the January transfer market and because he'd had 30 months and left us so, so weak up front.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 11

8 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Ifs and buts, Roger. If LM is still here - he may walk before the end of the season, but thankfully he wont be reading some of the minority nonsense on here! Thank goodness Pearson is no longer here, what he would have done with the cup run and all these games and injuries, we can only tremble to think so the final IF about progressing doesnt come into it as we'd have been bottom 2 by now. Pearson's legacy will be leaving this club because the management didnt trust him in the January transfer market and because he'd had 30 months and left us so, so weak up front.

Oh my you’re trolling  reaches a new level

Or maybe you are simply strange and deluded, or maybe a gas troll

’We’d  have been in the bottom two by now’

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Oh my God!!

How can we not attack the poster with bullshit like this?

• Like 4

• Admin
26 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

No you referred to it as 'nonsense created to bash LM' which based on my post and subsequent response isn't true...

But hey, keep on patronising 

Also clearly not aimed at you.... 🤦

1 hour ago, Back of the Dolman said:

For me we’re still playing too many square pegs in round holes and it goes back to something I’ve said many times.

If LM wanted to change the style of play then that’s fine, but if the squad he inherited isn’t up to that and can’t perform to the required level then you have to play to the teams strengths whilst trying to implement your new ideas gradually.

you then find out who’s up to it and who’s not and you can recruit accordingly.

Hopefully that would have meant that we’d have seen a smoother transition in style with better results.

And by not closing your mind / view, you can sometimes find surprises too.

He made a schoolboy error (and schoolboy is what he is in relative management terms) of thinking he could go in and change things from day one.  A good person would’ve gone in and initially observed, maybe the odd tweak, but nothing too much.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

• Admin
Just now, Davefevs said:

And by not closing your mind / view, you can sometimes find surprises too.

He made a schoolboy error (and schoolboy is what he is in relative management terms) of thinking he could go in and change things from day one.  A good person would’ve gone in and initially observed, maybe the odd tweak, but nothing too much.

I dare not divert the thread, but to me the only reason anyone would do that was if there were "people" already in situ that spoke to LM and said what they believed was a previous problem.... and we all know who that would likely have been 

7 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

This, I think Tommy would like to start alongside Nakhi and not instead of him.

I think you’ll find TC actually thinks highly of Nakhi from their time together in the under 21s with Nakhi as a role model

Seems to be a constant theme amongst the fans but somehow the management don't or choose not to see it, and will sub one for the other. Yes Nahki has slowed up but that's what Tommy is there for , and as Tommy said when NP was in charge they complement each other.

Edited by E.G.Red

Tommy is a good striker, and imo at his best in a three or two. 

He's a ' natural' goal scorer. 

Our Muppet in charge has come in and told him all about pressing and defending. 

He'll be in constant contact with Alex and Antoine and know about the other side... he'll be desperate to leave and I don't blame him. 

Long gone are my days of wanting to see Bell, Conway, Scott, Benourous, Semenyo, Pring winning promotion together 😔😔😔

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jose said:

Really? It wasn’t a moan either. It was a valid observation. Feel free to find footage of him scoring a goal and looking so angry/frustrated. He’s normally all smiles. 

I’d have to agree having just watch a compilation of 22/23 goals and assists a very different reaction to last night. And that’s an observation not an interpretation of what’s going on with him mentally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

A new deal was offered when NP was in charge, perhaps he will sign now we have a different Manager?

Although, another take could be that, at the time he’d have probably been worth more than he is at present, he was being played regularly and consistently under NP not subbed on and off for Nhaki, as is the case now. So he could well have thought under NP he’d be picked up like his mate. 
 You may be right, he may sign but I doubt it. Not reading too much into his demeanour, but there is something a bit off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

So not coached out of him then?

Just expected to add more to his game?

A new deal was offered when NP was in charge, perhaps he will sign now we have a different Manager?

You really have been nobbled, haven't you?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Ahh of course it is all down to Manning again 

Should have been the reply to the OP as well

So please do tell what improvements you see in Tommy's game since Manning arrived.

• Hmmm 1