IGNORED

tommys not happy?

Think it’s transparent he’s off this summer.

Thought Wells did a decent job last night & was very unlucky with the one that hit the bar but expect TC thinks he should be starting ahead of him.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Did not look happy when he entered the pitch. Not a smile when he scored a brilliant goal, from a brilliant cross. I wonder why.

Not sure what he has to be unhappy about. Being paid a decent wage to play football - and not very well lately I may add 

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 4
  • Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thought Wells did a decent job last night & was very unlucky with the one that hit the bar but expect TC thinks he should be starting ahead of him.

Conway should be starting every game ahead of a 33 year old Nahki Wells who has scored 1 goal since September.

That run he did last night was lovely but he'd done the hard part and just had to tuck it home but scooped it so high it hit the point of post and bar.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His should be starting - 1st half last few games chances have fallen for Wells that Tommy puts away, usually time he gets on the service/opportunities are drying up.

Rightly would be pissed especially as he’s a fan -  probably spending his days off visiting places like Glasgow, Bournemouth etc scoping where he’s living next season. It won’t be here.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Did not look happy when he entered the pitch. Not a smile when he scored a brilliant goal, from a brilliant cross. I wonder why.

It’s not revisionism on my part but I posted he didn’t look happy the moment the change in management happened.  It’s been pretty clear to me despite the club interview where he claimed all is great!  Still got it though when he gets a chance.   That finish was grade A yesterday evening, absolutely superb.  

Edited by lenred
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s not revisionism on my part but I posted he didn’t look happy the moment the change in management happened.  It’s been pretty clear to me despite the club interview where he claimed all is great!  Still got it though when he gets a chance though.   That finish was grade A yesterday evening, absolutely superb.  

Agreed. I think  Tommy was one of the first to post on twitter, when Nige was removed, 'Gutted'.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Should certainly be starting ahead of Knight in the advanced no.10 role. With Wells not instead of.

• Like 14

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

His body language is always like that, talk about trying to find something to moan about for the sake of it

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Should certainly be starting ahead of Knight in the advanced no.10 role. With Wells not instead of.

This, I think Tommy would like to start alongside Nakhi and not instead of him.

I think you’ll find TC actually thinks highly of Nakhi from their time together in the under 21s with Nakhi as a role model

• Like 10

Where has this sudden idea come from that Conway isn't very good at pressing? That was one of his main strengths until Manning coached it out of him. 

Conway was more than capable of playing in the role Knight played in last night alongside Wells. 

You then can move Knight in to midfield where his qualities can shine. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Where has this sudden idea come from that Conway isn't very good at pressing? That was one of his main strengths until Manning coached it out of him. 

Conway was more than capable of playing in the role Knight played in last night alongside Wells. 

You then can move Knight in to midfield where his qualities can shine. 

Totally agree ! We don’t have legs in the midfield but we waste probably the fittest player in the squad in a pressing role up top.

Knight is a midfielder not a front man 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure what he has to be unhappy about. Being paid a decent wage to play football - and not very well lately I may add 

He doesn't suit the system, the problem isn't Tommy, the problem is what Tommy is being asked to do,

He's been asked to play as a loan striker with his back to goal, that doesn't suit his physical make up or his ability,

He's better off playing in a front too, and getting on the end of crosses from a wide man or strike partner

He thrived under Pearson style and is struggling under mannings style

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

35 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He doesn't suit the system, the problem isn't Tommy, the problem is what Tommy is being asked to do,

He's been asked to play as a loan striker with his back to goal, that doesn't suit his physical make up or his ability,

He's better off playing in a front too, and getting on the end of crosses from a wide man or strike partner

He thrived under Pearson style and is struggling under mannings style

Yes and we will lose him without a shadow. Think decision has been made to cash in, no sign of new deal and he seems unhappy. 

Get the impression Conway is a bit of a dick in all honesty. I’m sure he will do well elsewhere, but for the relatively short time in our first team, he thinks he is way above our station.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 4

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Get the impression Conway is a bit of a dick in all honesty. I’m sure he will do well elsewhere, but for the relatively short time in our first team, he thinks he is way above our station.

Have you actually spoken to him or met him or know him personally?

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ahh of course it is all down to Manning again 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Have you actually spoken to him or met him or know him personally?

Should have been the reply to the OP as well

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The nonsense money argument aside, why has he not been playing well lately?

Because we've gone from setting up to play to his strengths to restricting him to a thankless task of controlling a press and feeding on scraps.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, phantom said:

His body language is always like that, talk about trying to find something to moan about for the sake of it

I remember people saying the same about Brett Pitman. Like Tom, he just has one of those grim-looking faces on pitch. Didn't stop Pitman scoring some important goals from us and doing well elsewhere before the ill-advised move to the Fewers saw him never work in League football again! :laughcont: Scored seven in one game at Wessex League level mind you, in December. 

I just think that is how Tommy is a bit like that, but he looked happy when he scored against WHU. Stunning header though, add those to the cup goals and that is why he is off this summer. He has plenty of suitors. He has a great future in the game. 

I prefer it when he is with Wells on the pitch

• Like 2

I've still got some reservations about Tommy's all round game but there is no doubt that his finish last night was pure quality.

I think he will leave in the summer, but goals like the one last night should keep a lot of clubs interested in him and may add a few quid to the fee.