IGNORED

tommys not happy?

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And by not closing your mind / view, you can sometimes find surprises too.

He made a schoolboy error (and schoolboy is what he is in relative management terms) of thinking he could go in and change things from day one.  A good person would’ve gone in and initially observed, maybe the odd tweak, but nothing too much.

Yeah have been saying this for weeks Dave 👍. Come in,observe, see the strengths, keep them and slowly coach out bad habits and problems. Also found out how individuals tick. 
 As a manager in any walk of life, you make so much trouble for yourself by coming in and one, expecting everyone to bend immediately and two, expecting people to trust you and your management style, from the get go. I really think that’s one area where age and experience is definitely a bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Perhaps you could highlight the part where I wrote that? 

It's other people that are implying he has "bad body language" due to having to change his game 

I'd be very concerned about any footballer at his age that didn't want to expand their game and add to their qualities 

I think to be fair I agree people can’t claim to know the reasons for any possible change in demeanour of any player, given the multitude of potential scenarios in their lives, but I don’t think you could say it’s not possible for people to read other people’s demeanour or body language. 

When you watch players week in week out we all definitely get a sense of their general demeanour. For example we all see Williams’ passion, but are you saying we shouldn’t interpret that for passion, cos we don’t know what else is going on in his life?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I think to be fair I agree people can’t claim to know the reasons for any possible change in demeanour of any player, given the multitude of potential scenarios in their lives, but I don’t think you could say it’s not possible for people to read other people’s demeanour or body language. 

When you watch players week in week out we all definitely get a sense of their general demeanour. For example we all see Williams’ passion, but are you saying we shouldn’t interpret that for passion, cos we don’t know what else is going on in his life?

True. 

But they can hazard a bloody good guess when it's most of the players.

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

Don't bother. 

I think admin has been snared by club tentacles.

Or @phantom could be a newly appointed Bristol Sport employee or, just as likely, a secret gas agent?

Heaven forbid he has his own opinion that dares differ from the accepted narrative which contradicts that it's the end of the world since "Saint Nigel of the Mendips" was burned at the stake, martyred and replaced by the alien lizard people.

Look carefully enough and Brian's eyelids blink side to side and Steve Lansdown has been absent just to shed his skin. They've even installed a heat lamp in the dug-out for LM and his office is made of glass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Or @phantom could be a newly appointed Bristol Sport employee or, just as likely, a secret gas agent?

Heaven forbid he has his own opinion that dares differ from the accepted narrative which contradicts that it's the end of the world since "Saint Nigel of the Mendips" was burned at the stake, martyred and replaced by the alien lizard people.

Look carefully enough and Brian's eyelids blink side to side and Steve Lansdown has been absent just to shed his skin. They've even installed a heat lamp in the dug-out for LM and his office is made of glass.

What have I missed, been at the monthly SC&T meeting this evening 

I can assure everyone that I don't work for Bristol Sport and having watched City since January 1987 I despise the blue few equally 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Superjack said:

You really have been nobbled, haven't you?

Believe me I'm not impressed with the current regime but I also don't think the previous one was faultless. 

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

So please do tell what improvements you see in Tommy's game since Manning arrived.

I've looked back through my comments in this thread and I still can't see where I said he did, perhaps you could assist please? 

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

What have I missed, been at the monthly SC&T meeting this evening 

I can assure everyone that I don't work for Bristol Sport and having watched City since January 1987 I despise the blue few equally 

You've missed nothing but more of the same: anything remotely positive about anything BCFC seems to signify that you must be BS/gas/troll/deluded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You've missed nothing but more of the same: anything remotely positive about anything BCFC seems to signify that you must be BS/gas/troll/deluded.

Oh no not riding that old hobby horse again

12 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure what he has to be unhappy about. Being paid a decent wage to play football - and not very well lately I may add 

I have to disagree, I think he'll be a player that leaves and hits the ground running and all of our fans will be asking "Why didn't he play like that for us?". The only reason he doesn't look as sharp for us atm is because his best football is played on the counter and we don't do much of that now, when we do like last night you see the best of him but he's very much a player who likes to run alongside defenders, cause problems and score chances. We don't create a lot of him, we don't play passes for him to run onto alongside his defender and that's why none of our forwards look sharp, because we don't play the football that suits them.

I think Conway will go on to do very well given that he's signed by a club that wants to be aggressive in their attack and to attack at pace with low direct passes.

• Like 3