IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Low and mid block with 10 mins left is an interesting tactic 

Not sure we have the legs to do anything else really. Unless you really get in their faces they're just going to pass round us. We've been doing so much running without the ball and they have brought fresh legs on second half

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

With 3 players injured 1st half they have competed 

Yep. It's a pity it went that way. We were missing a CB from the starting line up I think, so to lose three starters in addition, and not be able to make any further changes in the second half has really done us.

If we'd have taken the chance early in the second half before we got too knackered we might have hung in.

Well done City anyway. I'm hoping to see a couple of these lads in the first team sometime. I don't see why Philips isn't worth a place on the bench in the run in.

Assumed Man City would be far superior but they really weren't.

Without the 3 injuries and the disruption they caused we may well have won it.

Poor crowd - I'd like to think it would have been much better supported at AG.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Echo a lot of this - thought they were excellent. Really liked Campbell-Slowey (other than the dodgy ball to Duncan) and that lad Yeboah looks like he might be worth a go in the first team…

As Dave said, was more effective in a deeper role in the second half. Bak should have shot from Ephraim's pass, following Meerholz's tackle. Never mind.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Echo a lot of this - thought they were excellent. Really liked Campbell-Slowey (other than the dodgy ball to Duncan) and that lad Yeboah looks like he might be worth a go in the first team…

Showed great attitude, clearly working hard for his team and to impress.

Great effort , specially being hampered by injury and having to swap players and positions from the start. 

Possibly had the better chances and I would have loved to see us with that starting XI for an hour. Not just tiredness but being out of position really puts a stress on the lads.  Some great performances and some lads really looking like they could have a chance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Unlucky guys, much better perfo than the quarter final, injuries done us

That's another certificate Sid won't be able to put on the wall at Fail and

Just what I was thinking. We looked much better with and without the ball tonight, against Swindon we gave them too many chances.  Those injuries were  killers.

• Like 1

Gave a great account of themselves. Werd always going to run out of steam at the end given the gulf in intensity both will be used to. Really hope to see some of them given a shot soon, though Yeboah was excellent again.

A certain level of irony in 3 muscle injuries hugely damaging our chances….!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobtherobin said:

Who else do you speak for when you say we? 

Me, myself and I.

As per his interview where he pretty much stated everything was geared to the U18s winning it this season, losing in the semis is a failure no? 

• Like 1