IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

It's one we had to grind out tbh so result over performance . There's a player in anais for me and I'll stick with him as squad wise there isn't anything else quite like him and I could see at end he'd put an awful lot into it. A couple of 1 nil wins wouldn't  do us any harm at the moment.

Delighted with the three points. But what a dire game. First half was abysmal. Second half was better once Sykes and Robert’s came on.

We seemed to have the tactic of sitting off Swansea to deny them space in the middle and pick up loose passes from them. That got more successful as the game wore on, but it was like watching paint dry at times, with zero intensity from us for long periods.

Overall the performance felt very flat and the AG crowd was more disgruntled than I’ve seen for a long time.

• Like 2

Today was an awful game a total lack of ideas going forward. 
However it is not helped when over the last two games we seem to have become a dirty side referees have given 29 free kicks for fouls against us compared to 10 for us ! I find this unbelievable to be honest. 
A vital win today not sure how much longer Manning has got but on today’s performance not long 

• Haha 1

Most importantly, a much-needed three points. Hopefully that dispels any realistic relegation concerns, and while some may scoff at the suggestion we were ever in serious danger of going down, nine wins in 29 outings and some thoroughly wretched performances said otherwise.

Other than the victory and completing the double over one horrible lot from the wrong side of the Bridge, nothing to write home about.

Cant blame the fans for voting with their feet today, a lot of disillusionment around the club because of the decisions taken that were supposed to boost our fortunes and clearly haven’t achieved that.

Much work to be done this summer if anything is going to improve any time soon.

7 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Some of you should question your suitability in calling yourselves City supporters. 

Cynical doesn't even come close...miserable lot.

With the greatest respect you are entitled to your opinion but as a City fan of  50 years I’ve felt disillusioned a few times but only depressed twice supporting City and it was under Holden and under Manning. IMO  I think you view Is out of touch with how the majority feel and I am genuinely considering whether I will renew my season ticket if SL doesn’t appoint someone who is competent and qualified to run the football club 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

For all that we were mostly poor today,how about Swansea? Go 1-0 down and then play exactly the same for the last 20 minutes. Definitely no plan B from them.

I thought that too. A bit like how we play sometimes. I can't believe they score many goals either.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, GBF said:

With the greatest respect you are entitled to your opinion but as a City fan of  50 years I’ve felt disillusioned a few times but only depressed twice supporting City and it was under Holden and under Manning. IMO  I think you view Is out of touch with how the majority feel and I am genuinely considering whether I will renew my season ticket if SL doesn’t appoint someone who is competent and qualified to run the football club 

It was really depressing for me under Pulis. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
7 minutes ago, GBF said:

Lummydaze. Did you miss the Pulis era? Can remember a 0-0 sat in the Dolman against Cardiff, hoping Cardiff would score. That’s how bad it got.

Some pretty wretched times pre Pearson too, when pass accuracy must have been around 5%. At least we can normally pass to our own player, all be it at present only with a backwards or sideways ball. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Exactly, it’s been way worse.

Benny Hill, SOD, Jordan’s second stint, and that’s without mentioning the early 80s!

Bit worrying our reliance on Dickie goals to win 1-0. Think we’d be in the bottom three without those.

• Like 1

A win is a win, to stop the rot.

Front foot football? Nope.

Something positive in that I did see some influence and in game management from Manning in getting us to be a bit more aggressive in the 2nd half.

Lack of any penetration and creativity in the forward areas is a continual theme though.

However swansea's continual posession bore fest really doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm for what is instore for us if Manning gets his way.

Sykes and Roberts made a difference when they came on. Mehmeti continues to frustrate though. Ball watching and a liability first half & not releasing early enough, to having a big influence 2nd half. There is a player in there.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the psychological boost of a win but that was a hard watch. i thought we were promised front foot attacking football but instead i see us slowing the game down at every opportunity. Max took an age over his goal kicks and when Pring was subbed he took an age to walk off (didn’t exit the pitch at the closest point) Talk about letting the opposition know you have zero confidence. We’re the bloody home team fgs!

58 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Some of you should question your suitability in calling yourselves City supporters. 

Cynical doesn't even come close...miserable lot.

Completely agree. I'm embarrassed by some of the comments on here. 

We've had a bad run. Lots of teams do. Has Manning taken us backwards? Yes.

But none of us know if it's short term or long term.

I for one am going to carry on being positive and supporting the team in the hope that, over time, Manning comes good. Might not, but I can't do all this negative sh*t all the time.

One thing that won't help the players, is this level of negativity and booing. No wonder Williams reacted today. From what I saw, there was no lack of effort.

I really don't care that Manning isn't telling jokes in the press conferences.

I don't know if he'll turn it around but I would love to see how some of the posters on here would struggle to accept it.

• Like 6
  • Flames 3
4 minutes ago, Swede said:

However swansea's continual posession bore fest really doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm for what is instore for us if Manning gets his way

I totally agree. Swansea and Manning are made for each other.  No way I’m renewing my season ticket next year if that’s the way we will be playing 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Get in! The quicker we get the 3 wins we need to guarantee safety the better 

Seriously 3 wins!! I would suspect if we lost every game now we might still stay up, you have a lot more faith in the bottom three than even their own supporters have.

31 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

For all that we were mostly poor today,how about Swansea? Go 1-0 down and then play exactly the same for the last 20 minutes. Definitely no plan B from them.

I agree. They seemed to lose interest as the game wore on. 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

The one upside to all this is that we didn't sign that Brazilian wizard Ronald before Swansea.  He can't take a short corner of even a throw in. How did he ever become a professional footballer ?

Hey! Lads! We’ve signed Ronald….oh!

• Haha 3
25 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Completely agree. I'm embarrassed by some of the comments on here. 

We've had a bad run. Lots of teams do. Has Manning taken us backwards? Yes.

But none of us know if it's short term or long term.

I for one am going to carry on being positive and supporting the team in the hope that, over time, Manning comes good. Might not, but I can't do all this negative sh*t all the time.

One thing that won't help the players, is this level of negativity and booing. No wonder Williams reacted today. From what I saw, there was no lack of effort.

I really don't care that Manning isn't telling jokes in the press conferences.

I don't know if he'll turn it around but I would love to see how some of the posters on here would struggle to accept it.:city:👏

Great post  :worship2:

1 hour ago, hertsexile said:

Today was an awful game a total lack of ideas going forward. 
However it is not helped when over the last two games we seem to have become a dirty side referees have given 29 free kicks for fouls against us compared to 10 for us ! I find this unbelievable to be honest. 
A vital win today not sure how much longer Manning has got but on today’s performance not long 

Think the ref was making up the rules as he went along, joke most of the free kicks he was giving. Not sure who's performance was worse ours or the refs (ref shaded it as he was sh1t all game, but we improved)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Atlanta_Red said:

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Lummydaze. Did you miss the Pulis era? Can remember a 0-0 sat in the Dolman against Cardiff, hoping Cardiff would score. That’s how bad it got.

Some pretty wretched times pre Pearson too, when pass accuracy must have been around 5%. At least we can normally pass to our own player, all be it at present only with a backwards or sideways ball. 

Yet another reason to hate Pulis. Because he is always held up as some sort of benchmark. "Nothing can be that bad, because Pulis was worse".

I sat through the Pulis era, and it doesn't seem to me that this bloke is much better. 

Say what you like about Pulis, the football may have been as boring as what we have now, but the bloke certainly wasn't.

Edited by Superjack
2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Yet another reason to hate Pulis. Because he is always held up as some sort of benchmark. "Nothing can be that bad, because Pulis was worse".

I sat through the Pulis era, and it doesn't seem to me that this bloke is much better. 

Say what you like about Pulis, the football may have been as boring as what we have now, but the bloke certainly wasn't.

That’s what the defence has descended too

’Well.....what about under Pulis’

• Like 2

I said , 20 minutes in , I would not want to watch that week in week out. 
Tedious pass , pass , pass without any attacking intent . My God that is dull .
We were not great, they dominated long periods , but **** me watching them pass for fun without actually getting into the area was so painful . 

They were so much better than us for 45 , but my God it was tedious . I thought we were much better 2nd half, low bar admittedly , but we actually looked like we wanted it.
I guess you have to give LM credit, I'm still not convinced but it's the first time we have looked better in the 2nd half of a game.  He also subbed Cornick early, well before his 60 minute trigger.  I thought Sykes made a big difference. On chances we should have cruised it , Knights header was a great chance , but there were also 2/3 others. 
Still not convinced with Manning , we conceded so much possession and in the first half never got near them . Love to know if he thought his plan was perfect this time .

TBH that was a hard watch. specially first half. I am looking forward to his presser, I wonder who gets credit.