IGNORED

Rob Dickie - Leader

Davefevs

We rely hugely on those two.

Dickie is not only very effective at stopping the opposition but he’s now our go to player to make play & about our second or third most likely scorer.

At present he’s nailed on for player of the season.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Dickie is a brilliant threat with his head in the opposition box, as good as Flint, maybe even Mick Harford……..or maybe not but still very good.

Dickie is a far better CB than Flint, far better. Flint was/is an unsophisticated 1970’s ‘head it and kick it’ merchant. Dickie has far more to his game - that said he’s no Webster.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Dickie is a far better CB than Flint, far better. Flint was/is an unsophisticated 1970’s ‘head it and kick it’ merchant. Dickie has far more to his game - that said he’s no Webster.

I was only saying his record of scoring with his head was as good as Flints but yes, as much as I loved Flint in that promotion season, overall I prefer Dickie. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

3 of his 5 goals have come in 1-0 wins. Those 6 points are vital. 

Excellent point you make about those three goals coming in 1-0 wins (Cov, Sheff Weds, Swansea), but that’s 9 points (not 6) he's bagged us. Huge contribution, at both ends of the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tin said:

Excellent point you make about those three goals coming in 1-0 wins (Cov, Sheff Weds, Swansea), but that’s 9 points (not 6) he's bagged us. Huge contribution, at both ends of the pitch. 

But if he doesn’t score it’s 0-0. We get a point for those 😅

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Best £700k (if the rumours are true) that we’ve spent in a long, long time.

His goals have been crucial in terms of points won as a result but his consistently has been outstanding.

Defence absolutely fine this season….we need that midfield creativity and striker in the summer, big time!

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Dickie is a brilliant threat with his head in the opposition box, as good as Flint, maybe even Mick Harford……..or maybe not but still very good.

Was a beautiful header today, nicely cushioned ... we'd be knackered without him.

• Like 1

Has been a terrific signing and a clear front runner for player of the season. Is worth mentioning I think Vyner goes under the radar, Dickie is very lucky to have someone with Zak’s athleticism next to him. Gives him the freedom to get forward knowing he has someone he can rely on to cover and make recoveries. Whilst Dickie has been brilliant this year, I’d like to see some praise for Vyner too- maybe we’re just far more used to his consistent performances this season 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

This season has been such a waste of an excellent defence. Even with an average attack we would be much higher in the league

It’s not the attack as such, it’s how we are set up tactically. No surprise Conway won’t sign a contract to stay as things stand as his current role is soul-destroying as a striker. So much running for so few chances and so little reward. ☹️

• Like 2

F'kin steal of a signing . I thought him and Zak were good again . McCrorie better and more like when he first came in the side , but Pring still looks either injured or off the pace, but as a whole it's a good back 4.

1 hour ago, TommyD68 said:

Has been a terrific signing and a clear front runner for player of the season. Is worth mentioning I think Vyner goes under the radar, Dickie is very lucky to have someone with Zak’s athleticism next to him. Gives him the freedom to get forward knowing he has someone he can rely on to cover and make recoveries. Whilst Dickie has been brilliant this year, I’d like to see some praise for Vyner too- maybe we’re just far more used to his consistent performances this season 🤷🏻‍♂️

An excellent post because Vyner has had a good season, is a top defender, and plays very well with Dickie.

For me though Dickie edges it over Vyner because he makes a higher number of important contributions to our attack as well as our defence. He gets goals, plus he can do the proper defence-splitting quarter-back type passes that lead to others scoring goals. I appreciate your point about Vyner's athleticism facilitating this - but it's still Dickie who does it.

• Like 2

Absolutely nailed on player of the season for me with Zak a close second.

He can be relied upon in every single game, making vital blocks & starting our play with excellent passing - turning in consistently good performances.

No one else even close. 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

An excellent post because Vyner has had a good season, is a top defender, and plays very well with Dickie.

For me though Dickie edges it over Vyner because he makes a higher number of important contributions to our attack as well as our defence. He gets goals, plus he can do the proper defence-splitting quarter-back type passes that lead to others scoring goals. I appreciate your point about Vyner's athleticism facilitating this - but it's still Dickie who does it.

Absolutely agree with all of that, Dickie does edge it this year. I think what I admire about Zak is his ability to play in a number of partnerships/combinations and still put in solid performances. Im not knocking Dickie or any of the other players at all, but I think they are able to excel when Zak is their partner. Not sure a combo of Naismith and Dickie would work for example, where as we’ve seen Zak worth with them both. I think I remember Kal saying in an interview he’s a dream to play with. Hopefully we build on this partnership next season and start creating some more chances up the other end!