IGNORED

Rob Dickie - Leader

Davefevs

Fantastic player, only fault I can find in him is that occasionally he'll carry the ball a little too long and get himself in a bad position but even then, it's his carrying the ball that often gets our midfield moving and allows him to start attacking plays that aren't always down the wings. 

We really do need that engine midfielder who comes to collect and can turn on the ball to create movement forward though, that would really step up our options. 

Imagine we were playing this season, with how shit we have been defensively without those two. Jesus christ ive just remembered Adrian Mariappa existed

54 minutes ago, spudski said:

The music 🤣🤣🤣

Best bit about yesterday, that may not be obvious until you see it like that, Dickie's passing into midfield . Always trying to get us going forward, whether breaking lines or passing between lines . Some great passes, but to spot those passes too , brilliant.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Best bit about yesterday, that may not be obvious until you see it like that, Dickie's passing into midfield . Always trying to get us going forward, whether breaking lines or passing between lines . Some great passes, but to spot those passes too , brilliant.

Indeed some great passes, but sadly some inept control and passes afterwards, from those that received Dickies through balls. 

• Like 2

His passing stats are unreal too.

2,309 completed passes at 85% pass accuracy.

City's next best player for passing is Joe Williams 1,153 completed passes at 80%.

More than double the number of completed passes compared to his closest teammate.

Must be Premier League clubs taking a look. 

• Like 2

I said during the second half yesterday (before he scored), forget his quality defensively he’s our best and most progressive passer of the ball and to be honest if I was having to bet on a city player most likely to score I’d also go for him.

Excellent signing. When you consider how much money was wasted on absolute crap under Johnson and Ashton both Dickie and Sykes are two of our best bits of business in a long time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

His passing stats are unreal too.

2,309 completed passes at 85% pass accuracy.

City's next best player for passing is Joe Williams 1,153 completed passes at 80%.

More than double the number of completed passes compared to his closest teammate.

Must be Premier League clubs taking a look. 

According to Wyscout, Dickie’s passing accuracy (57.2 passes per 90) is 88%….that puts him on the 57th centile for Championship CBs, I.e. 43% of CBs pass it more accurately.

Vyner makes more passes (59.0) at 87%.

image.thumb.png.8bd494e221601bb0e19a2001c786e630.png

I've got Vyner as 64 passes per game at 85% accuracy.

Dickie 63 passes 85% accuracy.

Matty James 39 passes with 89% accuracy.

Scott Twine for Hull was 25 passes at 81% accuracy.

In his game for us approx same amount of passes but 41% accuracy...less than Max 🤷🙈🤣

• Like 1

Passing accuracy can't be the be all and end all of it as the passes being taken on need to be looked at too. E.g. there was one in the Swansea reel where he almost put someone through on goal from deep but was unsuccessful vs. 100 square passes across the back line, inaccuracy there can have very different consequences.

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Fantastic player, only fault I can find in him is that occasionally he'll carry the ball a little too long and get himself in a bad position but even then, it's his carrying the ball that often gets our midfield moving and allows him to start attacking plays that aren't always down the wings. 

We really do need that engine midfielder who comes to collect and can turn on the ball to create movement forward though, that would really step up our options. 

Yes this is what I like about him, his not being afraid to take the ball forward and get people moving up. As you say gives us something other than the wings, occasionally gets in a bit of trouble, but usually sorts it out by himself. 

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The price we paid for him is an absolute steal.  We can build our defence around him for years to come, and Vyner of course.

And why Vyner was right to force the issue on wage increase / contract too.  

• Like 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And why Vyner was right to force the issue on wage increase / contract too.  

Not forgetting Rob Atkinson (who I had down as the best CB at the club prior to his injury).

It's why I am not totally against 3 at the back if/when RA returns as in those 3 we do have players who would not look out of place in a play-off chasing side. Then we need to ensure the rest of the squad suits the system (and tbf, I believe we have suitable WBs currently at the club already).

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Not forgetting Rob Atkinson (who I had down as the best CB at the club prior to his injury).

It's why I am not totally against 3 at the back if/when RA returns as in those 3 we do have players who would not look out of place in a play-off chasing side. Then we need to ensure the rest of the squad suits the system (and tbf, I believe we have suitable WBs currently at the club already).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😉

(not the way LM would play it)

Edited by Davefevs