IGNORED

Pitch invaders

I can reassure you that you don't have to worry about the young lads getting bans or being in any sort of trouble. After the match they were skipping happily along making their way to B&M, I'm guessing for a bit of shop lifting. 

The stewards however, are probably looking at a 12 month sentence for assault 😏

• Like 1

FWIW, as I was exiting the SS concourse to the car park, one of the little sods (not SOD) was being held by a security bloke…I assume whilst he waited for his parent / guardian to meet up.  He tried to make a break for it, only to be caught again.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I can reassure you that you don't have to worry about the young lads getting bans or being in any sort of trouble. After the match they were skipping happily along making their way to B&M, I'm guessing for a bit of shop lifting. 

The stewards however, are probably looking at a 12 month sentence for assault 😏

I know you’re probably joking, but I did worry a bit that the steward needed to be a bit careful (especially nowadays)  in the way he was handling the one boy. The kid was trying to run and the steward needed to use quite a bit of force to keep holding his arm. The boy was twisting his arm, so the steward held on even tighter. 

What I don’t get is they seemed to run from the lower South Stand and if they were with parents I don’t understand why it took so long for the one boy to be reunited with a parent, seeing as they were so close to where they got on the pitch . So makes me wonder what adult was with them. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They got about a third of the way across the pitch and realised the match hadn’t finished and looked at each other in total confusion, then turned round and tried to run away.

Made it to the centre circle before turning back 

Ironically it actually slowed the game down and took the impetus out of Swansea's last minute attack 

On a serious note if it gets included in the referees report then it potentially costs the club 

Screenshot_20240311_150505_TikTok.jpg

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Have you been in there before kick-off? The store must lose most of the previous week's profit in just one hour

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW, as I was exiting the SS concourse to the car park, one of the little sods (not SOD) was being held by a security bloke…I assume whilst he waited for his parent / guardian to meet up.  He tried to make a break for it, only to be caught again.

I must have been a little distance behind you Dave, when we were coming out of the SS about 4 or 5 security both male and female appeared to have him pinned up against the wall trying to restrain him and prevent him from running off again. He was certainly not going quietly!!!

• Like 1

A group of about 12 of them moved into the middle of the Lansdown stand into some empty seats and then 5 mins later got up and said they were going towards the end of the Dolman, I presume they got to the South Stand and then dared each other to run on the pitch, the rest of the group were standing in the corner down in the south stand when the two ran on, it looked like they were all going to go but once the first two went the others bottled it and left them out to dry, the fact a group of about 12 u16s were running about in the concourse and ground in general should probably been picked up by they stewards but im not sure they notice much tbh.

Edited by Benneythered
  • Like 2

Back in the 70's us City fans from Taunton and Bridgwater used to drink in the Try Again pub pre match. I usually drank more than was good for me.Anyway we were playing Orient at home and were in the ground pre kick when some of my friends bet me I wouldn't run onto the pitch which in my inebriated state I duly did. After offering words of encouragement to the players I apparently kissed George Merrick which in my nearly paralytic state I do not remember. A large police office approached me and said would I mind getting off the pitch. No stewards just a polite request which I did. Getting back in the East End I was collared by a police inspector and given a stern talking to but allowed to stay in the ground. Times have changed some since the 70's.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, burhou said:

Back in the 70's us City fans from Taunton and Bridgwater used to drink in the Try Again pub pre match. I usually drank more than was good for me.Anyway we were playing Orient at home and were in the ground pre kick when some of my friends bet me I wouldn't run onto the pitch which in my inebriated state I duly did. After offering words of encouragement to the players I apparently kissed George Merrick which in my nearly paralytic state I do not remember. A large police office approached me and said would I mind getting off the pitch. No stewards just a polite request which I did. Getting back in the East End I was collared by a police inspector and given a stern talking to but allowed to stay in the ground. Times have changed some since the 70's.

Hope you weren’t so drunk you called him George when you kissed him?

• Haha 7