IGNORED

Pitch invaders

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Far too much fuss over nothing, what’s more concerning is the over-reaction from the stewards 

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

There is so much wrong with this country at the moment but two kids running on the pitch isn’t one of them.

As I’ve said previously a lot of you on here seem to have such sheltered lives with no idea what’s going on. 

On a technical note it doesn't bother me hugely but the club can be fined and I think it is technically a criminal offence, it may bring an automatic ban but...

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

On a technical note it doesn't bother me hugely but the club can be fined and I think it is technically a criminal offence, it may bring an automatic ban but...

On the grand scale of crimes at the minute, I think running on the pitch is one of the more mild ones!

26 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

On the grand scale of crimes at the minute, I think running on the pitch is one of the more mild ones!

Like I say I'm not wildly concerned about it but hopefully the club don't get a fine or similar. Can't be done though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Far too much fuss over nothing, what’s more concerning is the over-reaction from the stewards 

So you want kids running on the pitch at any random time do you, I doubt that. Let a couple get away with it and they will all start again. Remember all the shirt beggers we used to have towards the end of matches a couple of years ago.? I don't want to see that again thanks

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, RedM said:

So you want kids running on the pitch at any random time do you, I doubt that. Let a couple get away with it and they will all start again. Remember all the shirt beggers we used to have towards the end of matches a couple of years ago.? I don't want to see that again thanks

Relax, there's far more things that worry me in life than a couple of kids running on the pitch at what they thought was the end of the game

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Me too right into the Reading fans opposite , Carnage 👊

I remember running on the pitch at the end of the game against Rovers at AG in '96 trying to congratulate Holloway on what a good game he had

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

I know you’re probably joking, but I did worry a bit that the steward needed to be a bit careful (especially nowadays)  in the way he was handling the one boy. The kid was trying to run and the steward needed to use quite a bit of force to keep holding his arm. The boy was twisting his arm, so the steward held on even tighter. 

What I don’t get is they seemed to run from the lower South Stand and if they were with parents I don’t understand why it took so long for the one boy to be reunited with a parent, seeing as they were so close to where they got on the pitch . So makes me wonder what adult was with them. 

They were not with parents, or any adults.

• Hmmm 1

I believe that ace local goal scorer and big City fan Steve 'Shants' Shantry, ran on the pitch at Gillingham (I may have the venue wrong) once and fired the ball in the net. I am unsure if he made it back to the safety of the away end before being collared.

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If, as described by the OP, they were '2 little boys who couldn't have been more than 11 years old', they may not even have reached the age of criminal responsibility.

Give them a good telling off, but to manhandle and ban children seems concerning and OTT to me.

13 hours ago, TV Tom said:

I remember running on the pitch at the end of the game against Rovers at AG in '96 trying to congratulate Holloway on what a good game he had

I hope you caught him and wished him all the best 👊

Is the referees report made public? You should not go on the pitch. Full stop.

before rushing to judgement I would want to know more. from what I could see they looked confused, I think they may have thought the game was over, there did not seem any threat to players or officials, they became aware of their mistake and left the pitch albeit with a futile hope that they could disappear into the crowd. They deserve to face the consequences which hopefully will be proportionate. I have seen a lot worse but the message needs to be that running on the pitch does not end well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I believe that ace local goal scorer and big City fan Steve 'Shants' Shantry, ran on the pitch at Gillingham (I may have the venue wrong) once and fired the ball in the net. I am unsure if he made it back to the safety of the away end before being collared.

I hope he never ruined his hair doing it , his pride and joy when younger when growing up if I remember correctly his Barnet 💇‍♂️💈

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If, as described by the OP, they were '2 little boys who couldn't have been more than 11 years old', they may not even have reached the age of criminal responsibility.

Give them a good telling off, but to manhandle and ban children seems concerning and OTT to me.

This clearly was not a dangerous or malicious one but it's up to the Authorities I guess.

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football/premier-league/2022-2023/pitch-invasions-premier-league-and-efl-pitch-invaders-to-receive-automatic-club-ban-and-reported-to-_sto9059960/story.shtml

From summer 2022, dunno if it still holds and or a bit case by case.

Based on this I wonder how much choice a club  even has. Albeit in 2021-22 for a time it was getting ridiculous kids running on the pitch to try and get shirts.

23 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

We used to run on after every match in the '60s, get a grip,

You could walk onto a plane without any security checks in the 60s

There were milkmen in the 60s

Smoking was encouraged in the 60s

Some children's toys were made from lead in the 60s

Asbestos was used as a Christmas decoration as it looked like snow in the 60s

We should go back to that... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You could walk onto a plane without any security checks in the 60s

There were milkmen in the 60s

Smoking was encouraged in the 60s

Some children's toys were made from lead in the 60s

Asbestos was used as a Christmas decoration as it looked like snow in the 60s

We should go back to that... 

People didn't make such silly and pointless posts in the 60s

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

That was feisty after , Hereford right up for it if I remember correctly 

Before was fun, after never saw anything. Got off the coach at Melvyn Sq, bought a greenUn saw we had Leeds next.

Edited by Ciderhead433