IGNORED

Pitch invaders

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Embarrassing & shambolic.

If Swansea had scored from the much delayed free kick afterwards it would have been ridiculous.

I know they were kids but WTF.

That’s a harsh comment Graham - they were young lads who were very likely dared to invade the pitch by other lads.

When they ran off they headed straight into the corner of the SS/Lansdown Stand straight into the arms of the stewards.

Question is - where were their parents? 

In all the 50+years of attending AG, I’ve never seen anything quite like that happen.

1 minute ago, Ciderhead433 said:
7 minutes ago, Laner said:

The key word there is 'after'. Not whilst the game was been played

Thats diffrent i though t the game was over

'some people are on the pitch...they think it's all over...'

was that you then? :)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Where were the parents today, to allows 2 little boys to invade the pitch on the 90th min, they couldn't have been no older the 11yr old, taken to A8 ,1 held the other one ran off,just for one of them to receive a 3 Yr ban, 

When you think about it, there is no way the club can enforce a stadium ban, it would be so easy to gain entry, although in the unlikely event you do get in trouble again, the consequences could then be severe. 

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

When you think about it, there is no way the club can enforce a radium ban, it would be so easy to gain entry, although in the unlikely event you do get in trouble again, the consequences could then be severe. 

Why can they not enforce a ban

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

When you think about it, there is no way the club can enforce a stadium ban, it would be so easy to gain entry, although in the unlikely event you do get in trouble again, the consequences could then be severe. 

You would need to supply a false name and address to buy tickets in the first place, which while not impossible would soon get you caught out I would think.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You would need to supply a false name and address to buy tickets in the first place, which while not impossible would soon get you caught out I would think.

Give a friend the money, get them to buy it for you.

Look to buy tickets at face value from those who can't make it.

I'm not advocating these btw! They're probably, if not definitely unlawful but that is 2.

Certainly more applicable for Away games.

Albeit I'd have thought CCTV and or Senior Stewards would notice those with a ban these days.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

The clock was on 94 which was the end of the 4 extra minutes. When he blew up for the foul they obviously thought it was the end of the game.

That was my thought. They looked too young and innocent to be doing anything deliberately bad.

• Like 1

There was a group of around 8 appeared by S20 ,2 jumped over into disabled section and onto pitch ,then another one said to his mate if I go are you coming by which time the first two had realised they didn't know what they were doing and had returned and stewards grabbed them.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They got about a third of the way across the pitch and realised the match hadn’t finished and looked at each other in total confusion, then turned round and tried to run away.

Was this the young lads or our midfield?

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It's the only way we get to see young local lads on the pitch now Manning is here.

But they had no idea what they were doing. You shouldn't be leaving two up when defending a last minute set piece. What the hell is Pat Mountain playing at?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Just in case anyone didn’t know, the CCTV at/inside the ground is good enough that for example, cameras can zoom in enough that they could see the time on your watch.

That's more than I can do! 🤓

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

But they had no idea what they were doing. You shouldn't be leaving two up when defending a last minute set piece. What the hell is Pat Mountain playing at?

Yep. If in doubt, the club position does appear to be blame poor Pat!

• Haha 1