IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

26 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

10 points puts us right in the play off mix. Would you have preferred he said 15 or 20 or Top 2 so we can all chuck mid at him when we don’t achieve it?

To be fair, I thought it was pretty horrific on the whole from Tinnion but I think the 10 points answer was pretty reasonable. It’d be deluded to think we would make top two so an answer that puts us in the playoff mix seems actually to be a suitable ambition. 

Ironically if he had said “right in the playoff mix” which is the intent, nobody would have questioned the answer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

But thats the problem, the reality is no matter what he said those on here who are against BT / LM / JL /SL, will find fault and say why did he say that

I thought it was a fair interview with difficult questions at a difficult time for the club. He did not have to go on, but whatever he said is going to be twisted and taken apart on here.

You do realise when a spokesman steps up their words are to be interpreted and analysed? You also must appreciate that aptitude and ability can be interpreted from non-verbal communication and the way you deal with questions and how you demonstrate micro-aggressions or how you deliver your responses. Whether you show confidence and leadership or show agitation and irritation. 

No one, no one, would have a man at the top setting the culture for a football club who justifies their position on length of service. 

and absolute bollox did he not need to go on! Did you see the attendance on Sunday? Yes he needed to go on. End of on that. He absolutely needed to go on. He needed to go on a few weeks prior. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Pretty much said if we sign another striker he won't play WITH Conway but as an alternative. Won't be seeing two up front under Manning then.

How many sides in the prem, champ play with two strikers from the off currently?  Can’t be many if any?  Even league one and two days of sides playing with two strikers are diminishing.

2 hours ago, fisherrich said:

This is a complete car crash by Tinnion. WTF is happening at Bristol City?? Embarrassing.

BT is as thick as shit, end of !   i'll tell you what, I hate Ashton with a passion but he wouldn't have had to get out of first gear fielding those questions !

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, I thought it was pretty horrific on the whole from Tinnion but I think the 10 points answer was pretty reasonable. It’d be deluded to think we would make top two so an answer that puts us in the playoff mix seems actually to be a suitable ambition. 

Ironically if he had said “right in the playoff mix” which is the intent, nobody would have questioned the answer.

I think around renewal time you’d say ‘in the playoffs’. Not 6th, but 7th 8th or 9th would be nice 

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

But thats the problem, the reality is no matter what he said those on here who are against BT / LM / JL /SL, will find fault and say why did he say that

I thought it was a fair interview with difficult questions at a difficult time for the club. He did not have to go on, but whatever he said is going to be twisted and taken apart on here.

How do you square away the basic factual mistakes he made? 

Disclosing transfer fees ok “as he’s learning”? 

I absolutely WILL find fault with what they say, because the 3 clowns running the show are taking the piss out of us.  I’ll also praise them if and when they get something right, which in my view has been a long time. 

We the fans are stakeholders of the club, regardless of the din view the hierarchy have on football fans. So dam right I’ll call out this twattery. If this forum is anything, it’s a place to vent. 

The only member of the goon show I will give a measure of patience to is the mood hoover Manning, because despite his dour demeanour he needs time to prove himself. For better or worse, we’ll see how that pans out. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its clear that no matter what he said, the knives would be out on here. Any answer he gave to the 10 point question,  he would have had shite thrown at him. Someone said he isnt a legend of the club, but scott murray is, how do you quantify that? Up until last October tinnion would certainly have qualified as a legend. Apart from potentially having to actually give nige the news, the decision to replace, or keep nige was not in his hands.

I think the problem is, that once someone has lost a position of trust, it’s really difficult for anyone to listen to them with an open mind and anything they say can’t or won’t be believed. How do you know when they’re telling the truth?

I’m afraid he hasn’t helped his position.

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Manning learning on the job 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

What a horrific thing to have to admit.

What a defensive snap back at the question that was! Really is out of his depth, what I would give to listen to Nigel Pearson again on sound of the city. We are back to LJ nonsense. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Red from afar said:

I stick to my guns when I said early in the season, if they bought 2 or 3 decent solid players at this level in the summer in the right positions we'd be close to the playoffs, if not just inside. Nothing I've seen from the other teams below the top 4 (and maybe West Brom), has made me change my mind

They didn't have to be spectacular, just good pros who fitted our style of play. It was pure pettiness that stopped that happening and now they've set us back a couple of seasons again.

Nail on the head for me. After all the hard work that Pearson had achieved in the previous 2 years or so we had finally got ourselves into a FFP position in the summer of last year where we could have really signed as you said a few experienced pro's at this level that were so desperately needed. 

History repeats itself with the Lansdown's though, they never learn and their ego's will constantly get in the way of this football club progressing further than this level. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

But who has kicked on?

But these two have been very poor this season , I’m not defending manning one bit , but TC wants out personally I still think he has much more to learn before he kicks on , pring looks a shadow of last season , surely some responsibility has to lie at the door of the players aswell , not everything is mannings fault ( though quite a lot is ) 

• Like 1

Manning learning on the job comment was quite interesting ,I'm not completely sure that's going to go down too well if its believed he has ambitions ,has his own style and so on. If he's listening to that it's not probably done him much good regardless of what we think of him.

I'm thinking he may become a scapegoat for the ones above him at some point as is business unfortunately.

For me if I was in tinnions position I'd be trying to bang up some sort of enthusiasm after Sunday, I was glad of the points but empty spaces and the atmosphere showed some pretty obvious  disconnects ,   im in the them and us for the foreseeable 

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

You do realise when a spokesman steps up their words are to be interpreted and analysed? You also must appreciate that aptitude and ability can be interpreted from non-verbal communication and the way you deal with questions and how you demonstrate micro-aggressions or how you deliver your responses. Whether you show confidence and leadership or show agitation and irritation. 

No one, no one, would have a man at the top setting the culture for a football club who justifies their position on length of service. 

and absolute bollox did he not need to go on! Did you see the attendance on Sunday? Yes he needed to go on. End of on that. He absolutely needed to go on. He needed to go on a few weeks prior. 

You do realise, BT could be the greatest orator going and what ever he said would be turned and used against him on here, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Heaven knows I need it!

However more on topic. Brian has been a great servant. I think I was at his first game (away at Swindon, if not first very close). 

But this isn’t the first time things have blown up around him! 

I’m not sure Danny Wilson would be surprised by any of this. 

The decision to sack Pearson was ultimately Mr Marshall and Mr Lansdown’s decision almost certainly rubber stamped by SL. 

To what extent that decision was driven by Brian we will never know, but we do know now with some certainty that Brian was a part of the process of bringing Mr Manning in and this awful football we play. 

As it’s been pointed out season ticket renewals are on the horizon and we are dreadful to watch. Follow the money. I would also be very surprised to think that going on the radio was a decision taken by Brian in isolation. A winning team got booed this weekend!

Give Brian my best wishes for the Youth Cup, getting to the final goes someway to saving a season that’s been miserable since October! 

BT was absolutely part of Nige going; you are right about the Manning appointment though. 

• Flames 1

2 things I would have liked asked, and the first one would never happen. 
Who started the process or talks to change Manager when we did ?
Who scouts the 'next' manager/coach and decides he is a good fit for the Club/team/squad ? 

I would love to know as clearly Manning isn't the seamless fit we were lead to believe .

3 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

How many sides in the prem, champ play with two strikers from the off currently?  Can’t be many if any?  Even league one and two days of sides playing with two strikers are diminishing.

Manning did talk of playing Nahki and Tommy together, maybe not as a front 2 but it is 2 strikers or one and a 10 .

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The 'difficult time for the club' is completely of their own making

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

15 seconds in - "it's a squad that should be at the top end of the division" ❌

This interview's not aged well at all:  

"we're clear now in how we want to play and be, a front foot team. We want to be aggressive, we want to play forward, we've got pace in the team" ❌

"The next head coach has to develop this team into the way we want to play as a football club...it's going to be a long term thing for the football club❌

"You'll see a lot of young players coming through the academy into the team" ❌

"we've got a squad that's built to play the way we want to play" ❌

R.E ironic injury quotes - "you have to make sure players a trained a certain way to play the way we want to play...'we've' fall short a little bit on that" - "when they're ready we want them back fit and to stay fit" ❌

Well then, fair enough 😂 

Didn’t watch that video, glad i didn’t based off those. 

So. Listened back.

Not sure it's been covered but...why are we compromising the bench of the first team in order to focus on the FA Youth Cup? How on earth is that helpful unless we think an FA Youth Cup medal adds to the potential transfer fees we might one day get for these kids?

"There's a board of directors". Is there ****. There's two people who entirely depend on the benevolence of their employer/dad for their livelihood and success.

All the good signings he named were made under Alexander. I never warmed to Phil but credit to him because he did those deals, he sent the emails, he did the phone calls. He got those guys in. Who is doing that vital legwork now?

Finally. It is not a "young squad". There's few 34 year olds but there's also not many teenagers. Average age is 25 and most of the players are older than 23. It's a squad in its prime years.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

What a defensive snap back at the question that was! Really is out of his depth, what I would give to listen to Nigel Pearson again on sound of the city. We are back to LJ nonsense. 

Just incredible isn’t it? We go from someone with the experience of Nige to someone learning at our expense and that’s progress? Fortunately not many are continuing to fall for this complete and utter bullshit.

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I absolutely WILL find fault with what they say, because the 3 clowns running the show are taking the piss out of us. 

Its an unfortunate set of facts that :

1) SL is getting old and has switched off from football

2) JL is a lucky sperm. In another life he is a bin man

3) BT is very ambitious and persuaded the above he is the man to lead is forward. “30 years” etc Clearly he is not the man. The interview tonight was embarrassing. 

We are where we are, but the high level management of the club is a million miles away from where it should be. 

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 8
  • Flames 2

Just now, One Team said:

Just incredible isn’t it? We go from someone with the experience of Nige to someone learning at our expense and that’s progress? Fortunately not many are continuing to fall for this complete and utter bullshit.

Yes. £44 for non members at AG, for Manning and Tinnion. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So. Listened back.

Not sure it's been covered but...why are we compromising the bench of the first team in order to focus on the FA Youth Cup? How on earth is that helpful unless we think an FA Youth Cup medal adds to the potential transfer fees we might one day get for these kids?

"There's a board of directors". Is there ****. There's two people who entirely depends on the benevolence of their employer/dad for their livelihood and success.

All the good signings he named were made under Alexander. I never warmed to Phil but credit to him because he did those deals, he sent the emails, he did the phone calls. He got those guys in. Who is doing that vital legwork now?

Finally. It is not a "young squad". There's few 34 year olds but there's also not many teenagers. Average age is 25 and most of the players are older than 23. It's a squad in its prime years.

Average of 25 is a young squad.  Only two squads in the Prem (Chelsea and Burnley) have an average age below 25.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

"young squad"

Screenshot_20240311-210429.png

B*gger 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, redkev said:

But these two have been very poor this season , I’m not defending manning one bit , but TC wants out personally I still think he has much more to learn before he kicks on , pring looks a shadow of last season , surely some responsibility has to lie at the door of the players aswell , not everything is mannings fault ( though quite a lot is ) 

I’d agree about TC but better people than me accept it’s about lack of service. I think to be fare to Pring I don’t think you can say a shadow on last season. There was Interest in him early season and he was great up until his injury. 
  I agree players have to take some responsibility, but trying to explain why quite a few players are under performing, is difficult and seems to be more than individual player problems. 

• Like 1