IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Ten points better off…………******* clown. 

Q “Where do you want to be in 12 months time?"

A "10 points better off"

in other words as of right now that equates to being 8th in the Championship 

He was very agitated at some of the questions wasn’t he?

He is in a very senior role - he should be expressing his opinion in a calm asserted manner not gibbering. Promoted way above his ability.

A voice expert would have a field day with that interview

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's called revisionism. I don't think the bloke changes anyone's mind about him.

"30 years I've been here."

Quite.

30 years and in the middle of that he got the bullet.

Another PR disaster certainly won't put bums on seats 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He was very agitated at some of the questions wasn’t he?

He is in a very senior role - he should be expressing his opinion in a calm asserted manner not gibbering. Promoted way above his ability.

A voice expert would have a field day with that interview

That's so true. A bloke (or woman - think Karren Brady) occupying a senior position at a Championship or Premiership football club MUST be able to deal with the tough questions in a calm and professional manner. If they don't it suggests that they are not fully in control of any situation and most certainly didn't come to the interview fully prepared for what they might be asked. He probably assumed he was going to get tugged by the presenter or something. Even if you spout a load of bollocks along the lines of "we fully understand the frustrations of the fans and, in effect, we are massive fans ourselves but blah blah blah". The Bristol Sport "Empire" see fans as "the enemy" no two ways about that, a necessary evil they would rather do without if they could.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Hazelboy said:

My 2 for the Bullshit bingo

1) The players are loving Manning, queuing up outside his door for his wisdom, sometimes waiting hours after they could leave to be blessed with his tactical prowess.

2) We have an unbelievable u15 who just today turned down Real Madrid, Barcelona & Man City because he could see the pathway here 

Now that is bullshit.......you should sell cars mate. 

Just now, UREDS_91 said:

Bring Asht… nope. Can’t even bring myself to say it. 

You joke and we all know everything we need to know about the bloke but one thing he would do is deal with that interview without getting agitated. In fact he would take pleasure from going all corporate and calm as you like on the interviewer. "Listen, I'm working all the hours available to get this club where it needs to be and, trust me, I won't stop working until I get us there" works better than "30 years I've been here, did I mention we beat Southampton the other week? By the way I've been at this club 30 years and we had a great result the other week against Southampton...............". You might be calling it a typical "Swiss Toni" interview but you wouldn't be terming it a car crash.

• Flames 2

Think the bedsheets need to be out at Ashton gate for the entire Heirarchy at the club. They need gone asap, the lot of them. Get real football people in the door, ones that know what they are doing and actually know how to run a bath

• Like 4
  • Flames 6

1 minute ago, BLRed said:

Think the bedsheets need to be out at Ashton gate for the entire Heirarchy at the club. They need gone asap, the lot of them. Get real football people in the door, ones that know what they are doing and actually know how to run a bath

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

54 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Where do you want to be in 12 months time?"

"10 pts better off"

Is that it? Is that the extent of the ambition?

Jesus wept.

Also what a nice big round number to land on. Not totally plucked out of thin air in the moment at all. 

Seems like all the interview has done has create a clear ‘us and them’ mentality between board and fans. 

Edited by petehinton

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Also what a nice big round number to land on. Not totally plucked out of thin air in the moment at all. 

Seems like all the interview has done has create a clear ‘us and them’ mentality between board and fans. 

I've been getting that mentality from manning I honestly don't think he will ever click with us fans still doesn't feel right.

This interview has helped me make up my mind re season tickets - no ambition, happy for LM to learn on the job and no togetherness - "us and them".

That proposed package is definitely not worth well over a grand of my hard earned money.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That's so true. A bloke (or woman - think Karren Brady) occupying a senior position at a Championship or Premiership football club MUST be able to deal with the tough questions in a calm and professional manner. If they don't it suggests that they are not fully in control of any situation and most certainly didn't come to the interview fully prepared for what they might be asked. He probably assumed he was going to get tugged by the presenter or something. Even if you spout a load of bollocks along the lines of "we fully understand the frustrations of the fans and, in effect, we are massive fans ourselves but blah blah blah". The Bristol Sport "Empire" see fans as "the enemy" no two ways about that, a necessary evil they would rather do without if they could.

He’s created a bigger “them and us” with that interview.

TD - Technical Director or Tact and Diplomacy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

One or two to replace TC and Pring would still leave us with a squad that doesn’t suit Mannings style, how else do they propose to fix that? You can’t re-coach an already developed player over a summer.

On most of this seasons performances don’t think TC or Pring would be that much of a loss , both have failed to kick on this season in my eyes 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

On most of this seasons performances don’t think TC or Pring would be that much of a loss , both have failed to kick on this season in my eyes 

I honestly believe under Pearson they would have but under this clown no chance.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

There is a correlation (IMO) between this apparent stalling or regression and the timing..

The change of November.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Still spouting bullshit that we had two players for every position in the summer   For the Millwall game in August (which is the summer)we had 5 subs who had never started a game at Championship & 35 year old Andy King.  Squad depth has been our biggest issue but still the club  still state we had two players for every position.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

What a mess they have turned this club into.  They are barking mad, this club will never progress with  B T.  J L.  and Steve in charge.  You want me to part with a chunk of my pension to support the club which I have supported for 67 years . No time to walk away . The lunatics are running not only the asylum ,they are running this club.

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

My take-aways:

He should have stuck to the academy: Made some fair comments about their approach this season (but not leaving the bench empty).

30 years in a job doesn't give you the right to move to the top, it's not the Post Office. Look how that turned out. 

Total revisionism: Stating almost to the letter the situation the club were in player wise when sacking Pearson as an excuse for poor displays now and then saying Manning is learning on the job rather than being ready to push us on for a promotion push.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2