IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

30 years eh?? That reminds me…..

🎶 We’re crap at home, we’re crap at home, for years now, City’s crap at home  

…….

cuz I remember..

A Robin on a shirt, Johnson’s Paint still gleaming, 30 years of hurt, never my pants I’m creaming 🎶 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

30 years eh?? That reminds me…..

🎶 We’re crap at home, we’re crap at home, for years now, City’s crap at home  

…….

cuz I remember..

A Robin on a shirt, Johnson’s Paint still gleaming, 30 years of hurt, never my pants I’m creaming 🎶 

'We're Bristol City, we used to believe'

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just listened to the start again.

"Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good run in the u-18 youth Cup this season"

So, as a result, Brian explained:

1) It's part of the reason why we can't fill a full bench for the first team; and

2) U-18s are deliberately being held back from progressing into the u-21s so that we can do well in the youth Cup.

So we are sabotaging the first team, u-21s and development of u-18s because on a whim Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good cup run for the u-18s?

I think this is up there with one of the most absurd things I've ever heard come out of the club. 

Yep. 
I had a conversation with Tinnion back in early September and he mentioned this. 

Basically for a number of years now we’ve been playing our kids ‘up a level’. 
The 16’s play in the 18’s, the 18’s play in the 21’s etc. 

It’s designed around a progressive pathway and affording the kids opportunity at higher age groups and thus higher quality levels. You could argue it’s been quite successful. 
It’s also allowed us to loan out players from our 21’s, because we’ll have the 18’s playing for the 21’s instead. 

In September, I asked about the reason there weren’t so many 21’s out on loan this year as yet. The answer was because the focus this year was on winning the 18’s Youth Cup. 
Further reasoning was that, and I quote “we’re really proud of the academy and what we’ve done, but we’ve got nothing to actually show for it, so we want some silverware”. 

So yes, Kid, we have purposely sabotaged our successful youth model (with knock on effect to the 21’s loan opportunities and 1st team experience opportunity) because we want to win the cup. 
Who was it said that at that level it’s not about winning it’s about the development of the players? We seem to have said “bollox to that this year, we want the cup”. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Further reasoning was that, and I quote “we’re really proud of the academy and what we’ve done, but we’ve got nothing to actually show for it, so we want some silverware”. 

I’d forgotten you told me this bit!

Cringe isn’t it.

And people think they are in it for the love, and we should be careful what we wish for.  Do me a favour!

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

Soon I'll work out the Total % of Home wins, the Total % of Home Pts gained and the Average Home Pts gained. PPG easy from there.

Total Home Wins- 197

From 442 games. Possibly not that high. 44.57%.

Total Home % of Pts Gained- 52%

Average Home PPG- 1.56

Home Fortresses aren't that common at our level for whatever reason. Compare to 10-15 years ago.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. 
I had a conversation with Tinnion back in early September and he mentioned this. 

It’s designed around a progressive pathway and affording the kids opportunity at higher age groups and thus higher quality levels. You could argue it’s been quite successful. 
It’s also allowed us to loan out players from our 21’s, because we’ll have the 18’s playing for the 21’s instead. 

In September, I asked about the reason there weren’t so many 21’s out on loan this year as yet. The answer was because the focus this year was on winning the 18’s Youth Cup. 

So yes, Kid, we have purposely sabotaged our successful youth model (with knock on effect to the 21’s loan opportunities and 1st team experience opportunity) because we want to win the cup. 
Who was it said that at that level it’s not about winning it’s about the development of the players? We seem to have said “bollox to that this year, we want the cup”. 

Is that another reason that Nige might have to fall out with them? I can’t imagine he’d be happy about that

• Like 4

Just listened back to Tinnion..The questions wer3 alright tbh.

Let's be fair, in that particular role, he just hasn't got it has he.

Sometime it can be an intangible factor, sometimes more obvious- at other times a mix but overall Tinnion just doesn't have it. The gravitas, the contacts, the general leadership.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, The Exiled Robin said:

10 points puts us right in the play off mix. Would you have preferred he said 15 or 20 or Top 2 so we can all chuck mid at him when we don’t achieve it?

So you don't think that's where we should be right now, had they bit made the ludicrous decision to sack a man who had sailed the ship through very rocky waters, keeping us in the division when many wouldn't of. A man who has heaps of experience in the game, clearly guiding us in the right direction?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

40 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is there any chance that our a(pathetic) fanbase actually cause a scene at the Gate and make life uncomfortable for SL , JL, BT???

Other clubs fanbases would not accept 

Well quite. There has been a few comments on this thread about fan’s negativity towards Tinnion, Lansdown and Manning and needing to stick with them. 

Compared to a lot other clubs fans I think City fans are very patient, and pretty quiet when it comes to showing any negativity. I am sure there are other clubs where displeasure would’ve been much more action orientated. 

With Nige’s sacking many have felt this was a turning point though; the jumping the shark if you like. The failure of Manning (at least, so far) and the doubling down on everything has created the most disconnected period I can ever recall. The Pulis period was awful but that was just against him; this is on a grand scale. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is there any chance that our a(pathetic) fanbase actually cause a scene at the Gate and make life uncomfortable for SL , JL, BT???

Other clubs fanbases would not accept 

More chance of Tinnion being a success than this happening. We are soft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

So you don't think that's where we should be right now, had they bit made the ludicrous decision to sack a man who had sailed the ship through very rocky waters, keeping us in the division when many wouldn't of. A man who has heaps of experience in the game, clearly guiding us in the right direction?

brilliant short concise post and i will add to it A man and  his staff that truly believed we were on the verge of achieving just that this season, not just one of them but all of them as a team,  all helping each other in positive ways,  unlike where we are now, just HOPING to improve and HOPING it will all click into place. never once did pearsons team give up even with the injuries and the lack of funds

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. 

We know we're too badly run and tinpot to win anything at First Team level so the owner wants to win a Youth Cup and crow about it for years as an achievement and using words like legacy............

What the owner wants, the owner gets......whether that's best for the club or not is irrelevant. Another "whim" being played out.

Far more importantly though, the fact we are stuck with a Director who is overtly demonstrating to supporters he lacks the qualities, temperament and intelligence level required to undertake his role successfully is a massive concern. Unless something mental happens out of left field somewhere it has all the makings of this club going in one direction right now. For me, Liam needs to get some sort of feel good factor back this season and conjure some huge rabbits out of small hats in the Summer.

I look at what we've got playing wise, look at what we've recruited, look at who is managing it then listen to who is managing them and I've never been so concerned about an upcoming season as the next one.............ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Injuries effected Liam….FFS and they didnt Pearson?

Everything that was said at that time is now seen to be what it was utter bullshit!

Peasrson had 7 U18U21os in the squad at Cardiff….But hey poor old Liam!

Agggghhhh!

To be fair, no self-respecting Technical Director would tolerate a manager jeopardising the club’s chances in the Youth Cup in such a cavalier fashion…

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We know we're too badly run and tinpot to win anything at First Team level so the owner wants to win a Youth Cup and crow about it for years as an achievement and using words like legacy............

What the owner wants, the owner gets......whether that's best for the club or not is irrelevant. Another "whim" being played out.

Far more importantly though, the fact we are stuck with a Director who is overtly demonstrating to supporters he lacks the qualities, temperament and intelligence level required to undertake his role successfully is a massive concern. Unless something mental happens out of left field somewhere it has all the makings of this club going in one direction right now. For me, Liam needs to get some sort of feel good factor back this season and conjure some huge rabbits out of small hats in the Summer.

I look at what we've got playing wise, look at what we've recruited, look at who is managing it then listen to who is managing them and I've never been so concerned about an upcoming season as the next one.............ever.

Just look at what players have left the club. The former players that left know the club is tinpot, that is why they left. Bristol City will be holding back their career.
Tommy Conway will be the next one. And on it goes.
Just listened to that Tinnion interview again and it’s even worse second time around. Shambolic.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, spudski said:

I feel sorry for the U18s now.

All the focus is going to be on them now. 

Talk about unwanted pressure and making it public when not needed. 

Anyone with half a brain can surely see though they’re playing Man City next?

If you watch the interview after the Swindon win Challis basically rightly says it is a long shot they get through.

FA Youth Cup semi finalists in order to bugger up the 21s & not fill the first team subs bench.

Genius move.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Malago said:

The FA youth Cup is hardly a bauble.  Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool are all multiple winners.

It would be a huge coup for the club to get to the final, unlikely as it is.

Look at the quality of the goals in the 2nd leg of last year’s final 

Indeed, but we're not in the final are we? So somewhat irrelevant what West Ham and Arsenal's under 18s look like.

Clearly they've done well to get to the semis and have beaten some decent teams to get there, but also worth noting that the quarter final win was against Swindon ffs.

7 hours ago, Malago said:

The FA youth Cup is hardly a bauble.  Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool are all multiple winners.

It would be a huge coup for the club to get to the final, unlikely as it is.

Look at the quality of the goals in the 2nd leg of last year’s final 

Edited by Roe

The funny thing is, is that nobody would have been any the wiser if Brian hadn’t have gone on the radio this evening about the Youth Cup! Now everyone’s an expert on the under 18s and it’s tarnished the whole thing with the supporters by the sounds of it. 

I know we are enjoying hitting the club at the moment, but who would honestly make that difference in the first team from the under 18s? Literally nobody was up in arms like this before last night that we weren’t playing 17 and 18 year olds or having them sit on the bench for the “experience”. 

Just playing devils advocate here more than anything, but as the under 18s have progressed through the tournament, don’t you think it makes sense to give them that experience as a group / teams mates moving forward keeping them all together and build that bond. Surely that only helps us? So you can’t just take negatives from it when you look at a bigger picture and the future.

I don’t think this would even be an issue if the results had been slightly different. Some of the 18s are and have been involved in the first team training. So are we just upset because some aren’t on the bench?

If so, which ones from the 18s would you have had, because I haven’t heard any calls for them (maybe Yeboah) until now. 

Again, just playing devils advocate here before abuse starts. 

Edited by Tim Monaghan
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Roe said:

Indeed, but we're not in the final are we? So somewhat irrelevant what West Ham and Arsenal's under 18s look like.

Clearly they've done well to get to the semis and have beaten some decent teams to get there, but also worth noting that the quarter final win was against Swindon ffs.

Clearly they've done well to get to the semis and have beaten some decent teams to get there, but also worth noting that the quarter final win was against Swindon ffs. I can't get too excited by that

Clearly they've done well to get to the semis and have beaten some decent teams to get there, but also worth noting that the quarter final win was against Swindon ffs. I can't get too excited by that

You can say that again !!😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Yep. We asked Christopher Colombos to guide the ship to find a brave new world, now we’ve got Uncle Albert bringing it home. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 3