IGNORED

Adam Murphy

Harry

Tinnion tells us he was the best player in Ireland. 
He also tells us in yesterdays interview that he hasn’t featured yet as he is still in “pre season” as the Irish league only finished in November!! 

November mind!! 

His last game was 3rd November. So he’s had 4 months and 10 days off so far. 
This would be the equivalent of it now being 18th September if you take the same number of days since we ended our season on 8th May. 

Interestingly, the other “best player in Ireland” (my opinion), Jack Moylan, also finished on 3rd November but has now made 10 appearances for Lincoln. They gradually integrated him and he’s now started the last 2 and scored 4 goals. A couple of ‘wow’ goals too. 

Anyway, my point is, 2 players who finished the Irish season on 3rd November. 1 has now made 10 league 1 appearances, the other is so-say still in pre-season and hasn’t even had a single minute for our under 21’s. 

What’s REALLY going on with him?? Is Brian telling us porkies again. There’s no way this kid is still in early pre season mode. Why has he not played a single minute for the 21’s at the very least?? 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

He also tells us in yesterdays interview that he hasn’t featured yet as he is still in “pre season” as the Irish league only finished in November!! 

November mind!! 

This would be the equivalent of it now being 18th September if you take the same number of days since we ended our season on 8th May. 

Interestingly, the other “best player in Ireland” (my opinion), Jack Moylan, also finished on 3rd November but has now made 10 appearances for Lincoln. They gradually integrated him and he’s now started the last 2 and scored 4 goals. A couple of ‘wow’ goals too. 

Anyway, my point is, 2 players who finished the Irish season on 3rd November. 1 has now made 10 league 1 appearances, the other is so-say still in pre-season and hasn’t even had a single minute for our under 21’s. 

What’s REALLY going on with him?? Is Brian telling us porkies again. There’s no way this kid is still in early pre season mode. Why has he not played a single minute for the 21’s at the very least?? 

Four month pre season! I can see that. 

• Haha 1

The easy answer is playing in the championship vs league 1. 

But I agree, been with us since January. If two months of a “pre season” isn’t even enough to make the bench for the U21’s, let alone the first team, then surely questions need to be asked.

I would have thought 30 min cameos for the U21’s would do him the world of good.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

November mind!! 

The answer to lots of these weird things the club have done for about a year now.

They hide, bullshit, twist, spin and downright lie to the fans. You only have to go back to the fans forums and see Tinnion, arms folded, eye rolling and sighing to know what he thinks about the fan base.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

Sam Curtis was wanted by a lot of good clubs in January, I’d argue he was the best player in Ireland with how many sides seemed to be interested.

Sheffield United ended up getting him, he’s been on their bench a couple of times but not yet managed to make a first team appearance. 

I agree that it is weird that we’re yet to see Murphy even in an U23 game though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The easy answer is playing in the championship vs league 1. 

But I agree, been with us since January. If two months of a “pre season” isn’t even enough to make the bench for the U21’s, let alone the first team, then surely questions need to be asked.

I would have thought 30 min cameos for the U21’s would do him the world of good.

Your easy answer though isn’t even what I’m looking for. 
If one of them has managed 10 league 1 appearances, how come the other one hasn’t even managed a minute in the 21’s? 
I’m not at all bothered about first team bench. Just at least some minutes at any level please. 

I can’t fathom how someone can be on a 4 and half month pre season. I think we are being lied to. Again. 

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Sam Curtis was wanted by a lot of good clubs in January, I’d argue he was the best player in Ireland with how many sides seemed to be interested.

Sheffield United ended up getting him, he’s been on their bench a couple of times but not yet managed to make a first team appearance. 

I agree that it is weird that we’re yet to see Murphy even in an U23 game though. 

But Curtis has turned out for their 21’s 

25 minutes ago, Henry said:

You only have to go back to the fans forums and see Tinnion, arms folded, eye rolling and sighing to know what he thinks about the fan base.

I'm unsure which Fans Forum you mean but my experience at the end of the 2022 one- my first and only Fans Forum- NP and Gould, they seemed great, happy to talk to fans etc. Not saying Tinnion wasn't btw but I reckon it was more genuine from them..

Tinnion and his Body Language just isn't good is it. Can't say I got the same feel or vibe off him set against the other 2.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

In respect of Murphy himself I was hoping that maybe now that we should be on for a midtableish finish maybe he appears on the bench at least once in a while.

The odd sub appearance, I know he probably isn't the new Scott but if he is highly thought of and he is fit to do so...we don't fill a bench, neither up or nor down- get him in and around it a bit, maybe 20 minutes here and there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your easy answer though isn’t even what I’m looking for. 
If one of them has managed 10 league 1 appearances, how come the other one hasn’t even managed a minute in the 21’s? 
I’m not at all bothered about first team bench. Just at least some minutes at any level please. 

I can’t fathom how someone can be on a 4 and half month pre season. I think we are being lied to. Again. 

I agree 100%, this pre season excuse doesn’t make sense as to why he has not featured at any level.

Much has been made of Tinnion’s comments recently and the plan for the U18’s. You would have thought Murphy could even slot straight into there for fitness levels, unless there is a rule stating otherwise?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

November mind!! 

In last week or the week before’s press conference LM seemed to imply some injury(s).  Might’ve been the Cardiff one as there was reference to Stokes training, so suspect it was that one.

So definitely stories not straight.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In last week or the week before’s press conference LM seemed to imply some injury(s).  Might’ve been the Cardiff one as there was reference to Stokes training, so suspect it was that one.

So definitely stories not straight.

And as we all know,the only time you have to get your stories straight is when you're....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My complete guesswork…

- League of Ireland is lower in skill. Murphy is at the top of that league but…

- League of Ireland is massively behind in terms of athleticism. Putting on the right amount and type of bulk takes many months

- The club is aware that everything is make or break with the fans right now. If they throw him in early and he is average, or below, then that will be enough for us to write him off

- I haven’t seen enough of him but I’d guess he’s been brought in to play with someone who isn’t here yet, and/or…

- He’s been brought in to replace someone who we need right now, but will be gone in the summer

- Regarding no U21 games, I genuinely believe they think he’ll get injured, so are focussing on what they can do away from the football side (he looks to be a naturally skilful player) and concentrating on the athleticism before joining a pre-season proper

Slightly unrelated on the last point… they’re probably right with this approach. My personal opinion is that our injuries are caused by the playing surfaces we use - a type of turf invented in Australia that prioritises durability for a multi-sport environment.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

Didn’t we not sign him last summer due to injury concerns?

Could it be that those injury concerns remain - we’ve jumped on the deal because we think he’s good, but once he’s “in the building” have found that he’s got something more chronic that was indicated but not confirmed fully in the medical?

Thats the most plausible thing I can think. As @Harry says, the “pre season” in itself seems nonsense - yes LOI is a far lower standard but as an 18 year old footballer he should have a decent level of inherent fitness and you’d hope that it wasn’t so far behind our 21s that he can’t even play there - particularly as we played a load of 18s yesterday!

I’m going for it having been a judgement call on - not fitness - but a “condition”, and we may have got that wrong in our desire to do the deal.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Could it be that those injury concerns remain - we’ve jumped on the deal because we think he’s good, but once he’s “in the building” have found that he’s got something more chronic that was indicated but not confirmed fully in the medical?

Thats the most plausible thing I can think. As @Harry says, the “pre season” in itself seems nonsense - yes LOI is a far lower standard but as an 18 year old footballer he should have a decent level of inherent fitness and you’d hope that it wasn’t so far behind our 21s that he can’t even play there - particularly as we played a load of 18s yesterday!

I’m going for it having been a judgement call on - not fitness - but a “condition”, and we may have got that wrong in our desire to do the deal.

If that’s true then why don’t the club update fans!! That’s the frustrating thing the club never keep us updated 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

If that’s true then why don’t the club update fans!! That’s the frustrating thing the club never keep us updated 

As I say, I’m guessing to a degree but for me it’s either that or something like the lad has major homesickness issues that are preventing him from settling (yes Irelands not far but that’s not unprecedented).

On the assumption it is medical then I can see a very good reason why they wouldn’t tell fans. Bear in mind who the medical team were in the summer and how things were framed in October…

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

My complete guesswork…

- League of Ireland is lower in skill. Murphy is at the top of that league but…

- League of Ireland is massively behind in terms of athleticism. Putting on the right amount and type of bulk takes many months

- The club is aware that everything is make or break with the fans right now. If they throw him in early and he is average, or below, then that will be enough for us to write him off

- I haven’t seen enough of him but I’d guess he’s been brought in to play with someone who isn’t here yet, and/or…

- He’s been brought in to replace someone who we need right now, but will be gone in the summer

- Regarding no U21 games, I genuinely believe they think he’ll get injured, so are focussing on what they can do away from the football side (he looks to be a naturally skilful player) and concentrating on the athleticism before joining a pre-season proper

Slightly unrelated on the last point… they’re probably right with this approach. My personal opinion is that our injuries are caused by the playing surfaces we use - a type of turf invented in Australia that prioritises durability for a multi-sport environment.

Id go with that, id like to see what he can do, but rather hed be in the absolute best physical condition possible than put him in early and risk a hamstring injury or something.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm unsure which Fans Forum you mean but my experience at the end of the 2022 one- my first and only Fans Forum- NP and Gould, they seemed great, happy to talk to fans etc. Not saying Tinnion wasn't btw but I reckon it was more genuine from them..

Tinnion and his Body Language just isn't good is it. Can't say I got the same feel or vibe off him set against the other 2.

The most recent one…

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I say, I’m guessing to a degree but for me it’s either that or something like the lad has major homesickness issues that are preventing him from settling (yes Irelands not far but that’s not unprecedented).

On the assumption it is medical then I can see a very good reason why they wouldn’t tell fans. Bear in mind who the medical team were in the summer and how things were framed in October…

It is bizarre, when you think about it, how the previous management team are spoken of/thought of.

The us/them feeling they’ve created around Pearson/Manning, and almost the way they’ve distanced themselves from what went on previously (or at least the way they want it to be perceived), is reminiscent of a new party coming into power after a general election.

Only it isn’t Labour slagging off the way the Tories have been running the country, it’s literally the last people THEY employed to do the job!

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

From what I’ve heard this is spot on.

It isn’t anything to do with having a pre season (if he’d stayed in Ireland he’d be playing again by now because their season has resumed) or doing extra gym work, he has a condition that is stopping him from playing at present.

Not knocking Manning here, he seemed a bit tetchy when asked when he’d be available, as I think was expecting to have him as a sub option at this stage but he appears unlikely to be available this season.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

It is bizarre, when you think about it, how the previous management team are spoken of/thought of.

The us/them feeling they’ve created around Pearson/Manning, and almost the way they’ve distanced themselves from what went on previously (or at least the way they want it to be perceived), is reminiscent of a new party coming into power after a general election.

Only it isn’t Labour slagging off the way the Tories have been running the country, it’s literally the last people THEY employed to do the job!

Indeed - and probably not the thread for it overall but to develop the political analogy, that is straight out of the Tory playbook - Sunak frames himself as having had no part of the prior administration!

Both in politics and football though, it is a strategy that can work - but only if you’re delivering meaningful positive change!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

November mind!! 

probably done his hamstrings, its a major requirement for our lot innit 👍

• Like 1

From the bits and pieces I've read and heard , interviews and articles.

We didn't sign him as HE wanted to finish the season with St. Pats.

He had 6 or 8 weeks off.

He was then going to do a real preseason , I imagine much different to what he's used to.

There was a rumour he had had hamstring issues previously so they were going to take their time with him.

I get that they. haven't been completely honest with fans so we are a little doubtful , this hasn't all come from Tins , who does seem a little defensive lately.
I hope to see the kid soon , but I'd rather he was ready , I imagine there could have been some strengthening & conditioning involved . 
It's a shame that we don't believe the Clubs media output now, purely because they have said things easily disproved previously.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

From the bits and pieces I've read and heard , interviews and articles.

We didn't sign him as HE wanted to finish the season with St. Pats.

He had 6 or 8 weeks off.

He was then going to do a real preseason , I imagine much different to what he's used to.

There was a rumour he had had hamstring issues previously so they were going to take their time with him.

I get that they. haven't been completely honest with fans so we are a little doubtful , this hasn't all come from Tins , who does seem a little defensive lately.
I hope to see the kid soon , but I'd rather he was ready , I imagine there could have been some strengthening & conditioning involved . 
It's a shame that we don't believe the Clubs media output now, purely because they have said things easily disproved previously.

He will fit in well here then.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

November mind!! 

I thought he was injured? I heard a snippet of an interview with LM I think, saying something like that.

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought he was injured? I heard a snippet of an interview with LM I think, saying something like that.

LM , when asked about him , appeared ‘unsure’ when he might get involved and said

‘Im Not a medical man , you’d need to ask the medical team’

or words to that effect 

Probably what you were referring to Max ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

LM , when asked about him , appeared ‘unsure’ when he might get involved and said

‘Im Not a medical man , you’d need to ask the medical team’

or words to that effect 

Probably what you were referring to Max ?

Possibly, it was a couple of weeks ago. I’d forgotten about him completely and they were mentioning injuries and treatment generally. The interview was around 1st March

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Possibly, it was a couple of weeks ago. I’d forgotten about him completely and they were mentioning injuries and treatment generally.

I might be reading too much into it but he certainly appeared to suggest that the medical team were working with Murphy

Tinnion specifically said it’s not an injury

The medical team suggested something more than fitness work to me and as @Harry rightly points out 4 months plus is a very long ‘pre season’ 

I suspect that @Silvio Dante may be somewhere on the right lines , and we’ve either encountered a bigger issue than we thought , or the medical team are doing work to overcome a weakness / issue we are fully aware of to try and prevent reoccurrence of injury issues

Its possibly a slight gamble of a signing on the basis we like him and are prepared to try and overcome a physical problem / injury issues 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1