IGNORED

Adam Murphy

Harry

For a Club that has a history of players picking up hamstring injuries triggered by unknowns, to actually sign a player who has allegedly had a history of hamstring injuries triggered by unknowns is just so us. 

At the Fans Forum, didn’t a Club spokesman appear surprised when challenged about the relatively high percentage of muscle injuries and say we might need to investigate the issue. Maybe we just needed a few more examples to help with their data base. 

Anyhows, enough of the negativity now. Let’s pull together and have an unbeaten run to the end of the Season just to show all the doubters we’re heading in the right direction under the stewardship of our fresh, new management team. Tally Ho! 

30 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

LM , when asked about him , appeared ‘unsure’ when he might get involved and said

‘Im Not a medical man , you’d need to ask the medical team’

or words to that effect 

Probably what you were referring to Max ?

This is what people should focus on.

He isn’t having a lengthy pre season or doing specific gym work.

Don’t bank on seeing him this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

From what I’ve heard this is spot on.

It isn’t anything to do with having a pre season (if he’d stayed in Ireland he’d be playing again by now because their season has resumed) or doing extra gym work, he has a condition that is stopping him from playing at present.

Not knocking Manning here, he seemed a bit tetchy when asked when he’d be available, as I think was expecting to have him as a sub option at this stage but he appears unlikely to be available this season.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

41 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

LM , when asked about him , appeared ‘unsure’ when he might get involved and said

‘Im Not a medical man , you’d need to ask the medical team’

or words to that effect 

Probably what you were referring to Max ?

As I said last night, LM’s Cardiff press interview, suggests he’s not just doing a pre-season.  If he was, he’d have been shown in the video with Stokes.

Here’s the transcript.

IMG_0019.thumb.png.862722d503e8ba98336f3768838dbc1e.png
IMG_0020.thumb.png.4fb9c7b61b0ca5c1f44297e1f17f65e1.png

IMG_0021.thumb.jpeg.1d654f126721da40122a69626c3481a7.jpeg

Basically, LM and BT are not aligned, one is trying to brush it under the carpet as pre-season, the other is trying not to give too much away.

You can form your own opinion on it from what has come out.

My opinion is that he’s picked up some form of injury / issue.

+++++

But I don’t think it’s another Levi Ives situation! (You’ll need a good recall for that one)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

As I said last night, LM’s Cardiff press interview, suggests he’s not just doing a pre-season.  If he was, he’d have been shown in the video with Stokes.

Here’s the transcript.

Basically, LM and BT are not aligned, one is trying to brush it under the carpet as pre-season, the other is trying not to give too much away.

+++++

But I don’t think it’s another Levi Ives situation! (You’ll need a good recall for that one)

Ha ha. Levi Ives mind! 
Now that was one bizarre episode 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Here’s the transcript.

+++++

Why not just be honest? We're not trying to hoodwink an opponent about an upcoming fixture, etc. AlI I can imagine is that they do not now want an injury back story if he us underwhelming and they might move him on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Tinnion tells us he was the best player in Ireland. 
He also tells us in yesterdays interview that he hasn’t featured yet as he is still in “pre season” as the Irish league only finished in November!! 

November mind!! 

His last game was 3rd November. So he’s had 4 months and 10 days off so far. 
This would be the equivalent of it now being 18th September if you take the same number of days since we ended our season on 8th May. 

Interestingly, the other “best player in Ireland” (my opinion), Jack Moylan, also finished on 3rd November but has now made 10 appearances for Lincoln. They gradually integrated him and he’s now started the last 2 and scored 4 goals. A couple of ‘wow’ goals too. 

Anyway, my point is, 2 players who finished the Irish season on 3rd November. 1 has now made 10 league 1 appearances, the other is so-say still in pre-season and hasn’t even had a single minute for our under 21’s. 

What’s REALLY going on with him?? Is Brian telling us porkies again. There’s no way this kid is still in early pre season mode. Why has he not played a single minute for the 21’s at the very least?? 

I thought he said that he was the best YOUNG player in Ireland.  I stand to be corrected but that might explain why the 18 year old player has not been pushed straight into the first team to save our season.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I thought he said that he was the best YOUNG player in Ireland.  I stand to be corrected but that might explain why the 18 year old player has not been pushed straight into the first team to save our season.

No one is suggesting anything about him being in the first team. 
Just showing some concern as to why he’s had 4 and half months off and not even a single minute for the 21’s. 

• Like 3

Just now, Harry said:

No one is suggesting anything about him being in the first team. 
Just showing some concern as to why he’s had 4 and half months off and not even a single minute for the 21’s. 

He actually joined in January. Assuming it takes him a few weeks to settle into a new country, he may have been doing his pre-season work for 8 weeks or so. Tins said that he was just about ready, so maybe we can expect him to play in an academy or U21 side in the next week or so. We also don't know if he had any small injuries since he started.  Hardly a cause to start criticising Mr Tinnion. 

• Hmmm 1

Heard it’s nothing to do with being in ‘pre season’ mode. He has injury troubles. Do they think we’d really believe he’s been ‘pre season training’ without it being plastered all over the clubs twitter & ‘uncut’ videos???

Has torn hamstring written all over it before the end of 2024.  

• Like 2

The more you think about the pre season excuse, the more ridiculous it sounds. Doing a pre season which will then see him through to the end of the season, at which point he will go off and come back needing to do a pre season!

Does anyone recall the real reason we didn’t sign him last summer? I thought it was due to a failed medical, but then he continued to play for St Pats for the remainder of their season? Presumably this could make any medical issue worse. But then who done the medical in January and gave the thumbs up?

I don’t get why the club couldn’t say he arrived with an injury. We will work on that this season so that he comes back ready for next season.

55 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Why not just be honest? We're not trying to hoodwink an opponent about an upcoming fixture, etc. AlI I can imagine is that they do not now want an injury back story if he us underwhelming and they might move him on.

Yeah I agree, what's the point in lying/obscuring the truth? What does it gain them, unless it's something quite personal and they've decided with the player not to release it. But even then you'd think they could be a bit more forthcoming without giving details away, like they did with McCrorie.

They're just making life easier today, at the cost of it being a lot more awkward in the future. So naive/short termist. Very odd.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

He actually joined in January. Assuming it takes him a few weeks to settle into a new country, he may have been doing his pre-season work for 8 weeks or so. Tins said that he was just about ready, so maybe we can expect him to play in an academy or U21 side in the next week or so. We also don't know if he had any small injuries since he started.  Hardly a cause to start criticising Mr Tinnion. 

The problem with playing fast and loose with the truth and making up facts and figures is, people stop believing you. Everything he says from now on will be questioned , that is his own doing.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Heard it’s nothing to do with being in ‘pre season’ mode. He has injury troubles. Do they think we’d really believe he’s been ‘pre season training’ without it being plastered all over the clubs twitter & ‘uncut’ videos???

Has torn hamstring written all over it before the end of 2024.  

As I said , he has had hamstring problems in the past , most recent was early last year. Since then he was involved in almost every game , all but 3 out of almost 40 I think. 

Maybe, they are giving him a full preseason , and extra work on hamstring strength .  Dave Rennie ( I think) talked about how poor things were before they came in ( there were graphs I believe) , maybe it's that. 

It would be good to get some genuine news from the Club. Manning's focus is on the first team, I can understand that , what with results being poor.  I would like to hear from others at the Club , Maybe Micky Bell or Hoggy or the medical staff. I trust Tins about as much as BBC North Korea , I would like to hear how they think Stokes, Bird and Murphy are progressing . How bad is Birds injury ? He's our player we would like to know. I'd like to hear much more from the Club besides Manning, we can watch the games he does the Pressers , I want another voice and other news.  City's media output Veers from very good to non existent . 

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does anyone recall the real reason we didn’t sign him last summer?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/possible-twist-proposed-transfer-st-30782234

25 AUG 2023

Screenshot2024-03-13at10_27_41.thumb.png.03ed41ae20228bd7e37fb96be3d442ad.png

Highly-rated St Patrick's Athletic midfielder Adam Murphy is set to move to Bristol City. The only question now is the timing of the deal.

Adam Murphy could delay his move to Bristol City until January - so that he can feature in St Patrick’s Athletic’s run for Premier Division and FAI Cup glory.

The 18-year-old is once again believed to be considering a pause on his switch to the Championship side.
A deal looked set to be finalised during this transfer window, such was Bristol City’s eagerness to get him over.

However, all parties could yet agree to a situation where Murphy sees out his contract at Richmond Park, which expires at the end of the season.

That would mean him signing a pre-contract with the Robins and joining in January.

And while that would mean a smaller ‘compensation’ fee going to the Saints than if they sold him now, they would rather retain the player’s services for the next few months.

Bristol City still have a week to get the deal over the line in this window.

Pat’s have shot into title contention and are just four points adrift of leaders Shamrock Rovers, while they are also competing for FAI Cup glory.

Jon Daly’s men have been drawn away to Finn Harps in the quarter-finals of the competition.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Tinnion tells us he was the best player in Ireland. 
He also tells us in yesterdays interview that he hasn’t featured yet as he is still in “pre season” as the Irish league only finished in November!! 

November mind!! 

His last game was 3rd November. So he’s had 4 months and 10 days off so far. 
This would be the equivalent of it now being 18th September if you take the same number of days since we ended our season on 8th May. 

Interestingly, the other “best player in Ireland” (my opinion), Jack Moylan, also finished on 3rd November but has now made 10 appearances for Lincoln. They gradually integrated him and he’s now started the last 2 and scored 4 goals. A couple of ‘wow’ goals too. 

Anyway, my point is, 2 players who finished the Irish season on 3rd November. 1 has now made 10 league 1 appearances, the other is so-say still in pre-season and hasn’t even had a single minute for our under 21’s. 

What’s REALLY going on with him?? Is Brian telling us porkies again. There’s no way this kid is still in early pre season mode. Why has he not played a single minute for the 21’s at the very least?? 

I have just had the displeasure of reading the Post, or whatever they are named these days.

I found it rather shallow in all respects. I won't nit pick all the things he trotted out but I seriously cannot give it any credence. Compare it with what is produced by most other clubs and it is so amateurish.

Confirms my belief that at Bristol City we'd like to be successful whereas at many other clubs, they are determined that promotion, trophies and success will be achieved. Those former top tier clubs now in League One and Championship are adamant that their place in the top tier will be recovered soon.

Not like City where we seem very content with mid/lower Championship 44 years since we dropped out of the First Division.

As one City chairman in mid 90's said "We like being the big fish in the Third Division rather than a minnow in the Second tier!

Edited by cidered abroad

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/possible-twist-proposed-transfer-st-30782234

25 AUG 2023

Screenshot2024-03-13at10_27_41.thumb.png.03ed41ae20228bd7e37fb96be3d442ad.png

Highly-rated St Patrick's Athletic midfielder Adam Murphy is set to move to Bristol City. The only question now is the timing of the deal.

Adam Murphy could delay his move to Bristol City until January - so that he can feature in St Patrick’s Athletic’s run for Premier Division and FAI Cup glory.

The 18-year-old is once again believed to be considering a pause on his switch to the Championship side.
A deal looked set to be finalised during this transfer window, such was Bristol City’s eagerness to get him over.

However, all parties could yet agree to a situation where Murphy sees out his contract at Richmond Park, which expires at the end of the season.

That would mean him signing a pre-contract with the Robins and joining in January.

And while that would mean a smaller ‘compensation’ fee going to the Saints than if they sold him now, they would rather retain the player’s services for the next few months.

Bristol City still have a week to get the deal over the line in this window.

Pat’s have shot into title contention and are just four points adrift of leaders Shamrock Rovers, while they are also competing for FAI Cup glory.

Jon Daly’s men have been drawn away to Finn Harps in the quarter-finals of the competition.

Cheers. Am I mad thinking there were definitely rumours of a failed medical?

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I didn't hear that . It was always just talk about him staying to play, as far as I remember . 
I've looked and the hamstring problems are easy to find, nothing else about medical issues delaying the move .

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

There were rumours.  How true we’ll never know.  But the hamstring injury that might’ve made us wary ought to have been dispelled by his completing a full season.  Timing of transfer likely to be down to letting him go OOC so we would only have to pay UEFA compo.

But LM and BT’s stories aren’t aligned and pre-season wouldn’t last this long (9-10 weeks since signing), so likely he’s picked up something.

Apologies if some people don’t like us questioning what is going on.  Some of us just thought he might have made his u21 debut by now, and are excited to see him perform.  Questioning doesn’t have to be seen as a dig, and why some have to go straight into “defend the club / staff member” mode baffles me.  

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

He is back in Dublin currently. Expected that we wont see any of him til next year.

Interesting… completely at odds with what Tinman alluded to few weeks back on radio. I hope the local journos pick up on this and ask the question at the next press conference and see what response is forthcoming….  Simple ask really… why has he not featured in U21s yet and has he gone home ?

• Like 2