IGNORED

Adam Murphy

Harry

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’d be in the mix.

As it stands, if everyone is fit, I think we have more than 18 outfield players, so he’d be battling it out.

image.png.af761306d2c8809cfe3274cba6b26e9f.png

23, not including Williams, nor Twine (or his replacement), nor Mebude (or the new winger), nor the no9.

I included Stokes and SPH who’ve both got the chance to shine preseason.

I guess we can exclude Bell and Benarous for the moment?

Battling it out sure, but we're not going to have an enormous squad. He'll be in there pretty easily if he stays fit and does the work.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I guess we can exclude Bell and Benarous for the moment?

Battling it out sure, but we're not going to have an enormous squad. He'll be in there pretty easily if he stays fit and does the work.

Why?  Both expected back for pre-season aren’t they, ditto Big Rob!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Squad!

Fair, I still don't think the game time provided in my list represents regular squad action. Putting that emphasis on him because apparently his peers are (when they clearly aren't) just seems unnecessary. Only 4 have played more than 7 games. Most haven't even played a full game 90 minutes.

He did have bigger clubs after him, remember thinking we'd lost out once we backed out originally....

"Manchester City and Crystal Palace are among the clubs who have been scouting Irish youngster Adam Murphy who has enjoyed a breakthrough season at St. Patricks. Irish football is producing an incredible amount of talent and clubs from around Europe are upping their scouting numbers in the country. One young player has attracted a lot of interest and was watched by a number of clubs at the weekend including Man City.

Murphy has been excellent in his breakthrough season at St. Patricks and was watched by a collection of academy scouts during the Irish cup final at the weekend. Sources say at least 10 clubs had a representative in attendance. Man City have been confirmed to TEAMtalk as one of those clubs and are looking to add more Irish talent into their ranks. They have watched the 18-year-old on several occasions this season and are understood to be keen on his signature. Championship sides Derby County and Southampton also had scouts watching the final as they try to find the best young talent in the country to help them back to the English Premier League. There is major competition, and they will face a challenge to convince the teenager to join their ranks.

Crystal Palace were also at the match to watch a number of players, including Murphy, and have already got a good history in bringing in some of the best Irish talent. Killian Phillips is currently contracted to the club and moved to Selhurst Park from Drogheda United in the summer of 2022. This is a bonus for Palace as Murphy is represented by the same agency and the relationship is already in place for a potential deal. Murphy is available at cut-price. Murphy can sign on a pre-contract deal in January with his current contract set to expire at the end of the month and all that would be required is a small development fee of around £200,000 to be paid to his club.

Bristol City have also held strong interest and had contact with the representatives of Murphy over a potential deal. They held talks in the summer window but a deal did not come to fruition and now they face missing out with so many clubs chasing his signature. Murphy played 22 minuets of the Irish Cup final at the weekend and helped his side to a 3-1 victory that seen them lift the trophy. His cameo was impressive once again and sources believe he will leave the club in the coming months. The central midfielder is a product of Belvedere FC and joined St. Pats in the summer of 2020 where he has since progressed into a top young talent."

Source https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-man-city-crystal-palace-scout-irish-wonderkid-available-cut-price

Edited by Nugget

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Great hit by Murphy. We looked very good on the snippet.

The lad that was wearing 7 who was that?? Both he and Murphy looked smaller than the others but had their heads up, very Alex Scott!

Hutton I think, just been let go.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Hutton I think, just been let go.

Thanks Dave. I don't really know much about the kids except what I read here, catching the odd game when filmed and highlights.

But I thought he looked smooth, playing for a contract somewhere I guess!

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks Dave. I don't really know much about the kids except what I read here, catching the odd game when filmed and highlights.

But I thought he looked smooth, playing for a contract somewhere I guess!

Just check teamsheet, definitely #7 was Callum Hutton.

21 hours ago, marcofisher said:

It’s probably unjustified, and I have no idea why, but I have this weird feeling that Murphy might end up as the next Diego De Girolamo.

Always like these. If Murphy is crap, there is the i knew it post. If he’s a decent player everyone has forgotten. 

😆 For the record I’m hopeful!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Yeah completely agree re breakthrough year, however you've said you expect him to be a Championship 'regular' next season. Here's a list of all the 18, 19 and 20 years olds you've listed and their competitive gametime above League 1 (I've included overseas and SPL even though arguably Championship overall is a better standard) just so I'm being completely fair:

Rocco Vata - 3 minutes of SPL action and 87 minutes of cup action

Tayo Adaramola - 875 minutes of JPL (less than 10 games) plus 90 minutes in the cup

Mark O'Mahony - 61 minutes in the PL and 4 full cup games.

Alex Murphy - 11 minutes in the PL

Sam Curtis - 27 minutes in the PL

Aidomo Emakhu - 652 minutes of Championship football (just over 7 games)

Sinclair Armstrong - 1774 minutes in the Championship (just under 20 games)

Andrew Moran - 1849 minutes in the Championship (just over 21 games) plus 4 cup appearances

Connor O'Riordan - 40 minutes of Championship football. Spent 23 games in L2.

You could argue none are Championship regulars or above. I'd say Armstrong and Moran are regulars. Both are 20. The rest have hardly had any minutes. I think the expectation of breakthrough is fine but not regular.

Hi mate. 
I think there may be an element of having mis-read my original post. 

I mentioned that there were a number of players who were ‘regulars’ in League 1. 
I then noted that there were some players who had some championship games “under their belt”. I’d not mentioned about any of them being championship “regulars”. 

I also noted that those who had played Prem had only accrued “prem appearances”. 

I then made the conclusion that based on his peers he ought to expect to be in the first team “squad”. I didn’t suggest he’d be a first team “regular”. 

The basic point was to counter those who suggested he might go on loan. I don’t think, based on his peer group and the quotes of him being the “best young player in Ireland” that we ought to expect a league 1 or 2 loan for him. He really needs to be considered a first team squad member. In my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1