IGNORED

Jay Dasilva?

4 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

He got Welsh parents/grandparents then? Can’t find any info saying he’s eligible for Wales. Not that he’d ever play for them

With just the *checks notes* 25 caps as well. 

Scott has Northern Irish heritage, definitely.

Don’t think that’s on his radar somehow..

On 13/03/2024 at 15:55, Betty Swallocks said:

To play for Wales, aside from being a native, your parent or grandparents can be Welsh or failing that, you just have to have had a dump in one of the service stations on the Welsh stretch of the M4.

The dump is called Newport and it’s several miles from the service station

Jay is about as Welsh as my big toe.  I bet he can't even sing their National Anthem or speak any Welsh.  It's getting beyond ridiculous.

I certainly don't expect him to be donning wellies and chasing sheep around a field, which I thought was a prerequisite. He might be coming round the mountains though for all I know.

16 hours ago, prankerd said:

I did a dna test not so long ago, i was born in bristol and always lived in england for the most part but apparently my dna has zero English in it... its got welsh, irish and Scottish tho 🤣

So in my opinion if your born in the uk your basically got every right to qualify for either of the home nations ...

Commercially available DNA tests are something of a nonsense diversion. You'll have a similar halotype to that mostly found in Wales, but as Ancient Britons living in England and Ancient Britons living in Wales were identical that merely means you have neglibile Saxon or Norman (or more modern migrant) ancestry. It doesn’t mean you are not "English".

Extremely non-swarthy people I know are routinely told by these kit testers that they have Spanish heritage, when what is probably the case in most tests is that they carry some DNA markets common among the "beaker folk" who migrated to the UK from the Iberian Peninsula in the Bronze Age. Spain didn’t exist back then and modern Spaniards - although many will also have beaker folk halotypes - are of a very different DNA profile than these ancient people. 

16 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

So you'd deny someone the opportunity to play on the World stage ie The World Cup?

If they are English like Jay, yes. If anything he's more Brazilian than Welsh.