IGNORED

“Moving S82”

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Silvio - I’m not getting into a spat about what I was told (or not told according to you) all those years ago.

I’m sure you remember before the Atyeo was built away fans were generally housed in the old open end for the same reason - because of the easy exiting onto Ashton Rd post match which simplifies the police duties. 

Nothing has changed in that regard.

They were housed in the open end as it was the worst stand at Ashton gate, the same as many clubs still employ now when allocating away fans. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

They were housed in the open end as it was the worst stand at Ashton gate, the same as many clubs still employ now when allocating away fans. 

I wouldn’t bother mate. He claims to have had a conversation with Colin Sexstone that couldn’t possibly have happened based on the timelines that Sexstone was with the club and timelines when fans were in the open end/Atyeo stand not aligning.

Pure and simple, the post is a lie for no apparent reason other than attention seeking. On that basis I’d just leave it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I wouldn’t bother mate. He claims to have had a conversation with Colin Sexstone that couldn’t possibly have happened based on the timelines that Sexstone was with the club and timelines when fans were in the open end/Atyeo stand not aligning.

Pure and simple, the post is a lie for no apparent reason other than attention seeking. On that basis I’d just leave it.

I know Silva. I thought he had changed since his ban for being utterly offensive but it seems to be creeping back in again now. 

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

You were never part of the trust as it wasn’t formed then, you were chairman of the supporters club for a while. 

If you want to lie to make up facts, you need to make it believable. 

It’s a fact that It was when I was Chairman of the SC that we merged with the then growing Trust. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a fact that It was when I was Chairman of the SC that we merged with the then growing Trust. 

Oh Robbored, please try to use facts.

The supporters club and trust merged in the summer of 2012, around July 2012

Sextone left in may 2012.

So how many discussions did you have with sextone while being part of the Supporters club and trust, When the two were not even merged at that time?

Your quote is below, you were never directly involved with sextone when you were involved with the SC&T as it simply didn’t exist at that time. 

it was the reason I was given by the late Colin Sextone when I was directly involved in the SC&T.”

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

23 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Oh Robbored, please try to use facts.

The supporters club and trust merged in the summer of 2012, around July 2012

Sextone left in may 2012.

So how many discussions did you have with sextone while being part of the Supporters club and trust, When the two were not even merged at that time?

Your quote is below, you were never directly involved with sextone when you were involved with the SC&T as it simply didn’t exist at that time. 

it was the reason I was given by the late Colin Sextone when I was directly involved in the SC&T.”

Jeez……..:disapointed2se:

What’s your agenda?

Btw - there several other posters on here who were involved in the SC&T merge. 

During the redevelopment this either came up between fans and club but sadly the club didn't follow through for some reason. Maybe something to do with safe standing at the time. But I just feel all this has been lost now too many fans have got comfortable on their seats for which they do not own. Except for Brian Tinnion cause he has been there for 30 years!

379293624_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.d943b9edbcfd53e68d965d1d2f5e5253.jpg

picture of safe standing: https://ibb.co/5534Qn5

P.S we could all move to the park!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, T R said:

During the redevelopment this either came up between fans and club but sadly the club didn't follow through for some reason. Maybe something to do with safe standing at the time. But I just feel all this has been lost now too many fans have got comfortable on their seats for which they do not own. Except for Brian Tinnion cause he has been there for 30 years!

379293624_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.d943b9edbcfd53e68d965d1d2f5e5253.jpg

Were there any issues with SAG and or Licensing Body, sign-off or was it purely a club led move/fail?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Were there any issues with SAG and or Licensing Body, sign-off or was it purely a club led move/fail?

All I can remember is the club wanted us at the front of the stand and we wanted to be at the back. But most fans agreed it would be better if we were at the top so we wouldn't be interfering with those sitting down. But instead we got shoved into the corner. I don't think there was any issues with SAG or any Body at that time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, T R said:

All I can remember is the club wanted us at the front of the stand and we wanted to be at the back. But most fans agreed it would be better if we were at the top so we wouldn't be interfering with those sitting down. But instead we got shoved into the corner. I don't think there was any issues with SAG or any Body at that time. 

Thanks. Yeah top half does look better, corner is ridiculous. 

On 14/03/2024 at 16:01, CyderInACan said:

There is a home end - the South Stand - surely? Plus the amount of time we pass the ball sideways we're more often kicking towards the Lansdown or Dolman stands anyway. 

This whole "standing creates a better atmosphere" is a myth anyway. Equally, atmosphere only really matters to the fans, not the players. 

You really think a vociferous atmosphere isn’t an advantage?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T R said:

That would’ve been so much better.

The ideal solution would be to have a home ‘end’ behind a goal, with away fans in nearest adjacent corner. 

With a solution like the above, I have no doubt it would’ve produced a much better atmosphere - even if the away support location is the same.

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That would’ve been so much better.

The ideal solution would be to have a home ‘end’ behind a goal, with away fans in nearest adjacent corner. 

With a solution like the above, I have no doubt it would’ve produced a much better atmosphere - even if the away support location is the same.

Just on the logistical front.

*2k minimum for that corner.

*What if we ever go up, 10% capacity or 3k whichever lower.

Cup is also a question mark.

Going back a decade and doing it all again which stand do away fans go in and will it medium term cover and future proof.

2k of the Lansdown perhaps? Being the biggest stand.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just on the logistical front.

*2k minimum for that corner.

*What if we ever go up, 10% capacity or 3k whichever lower.

Cup is also a question mark.

Going back a decade and doing it all again which stand do away fans go in and will it medium term cover and future proof.

Sorry my friend, I appreciate your in depth input but I’m only really interested in the macro so forgive me for not engaging with your in depth knowledge of the micro. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, T R said:

When you say "us" and "we" who are you referring to? 

I'm not sure where you get the "most fans" comment from either as there was no official consultation with anyone. 

The only discussions were between supporters on social media 

Your graphic showing "S82" shows it's also been done by people who aren't actually in the S82 group and more so by people in the singing section 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sorry my friend, I appreciate your in depth input but I’m only really interested in the macro so forgive me for not engaging with your in depth knowledge of the micro. 

Fair and thanks..I think.

I do agree with an overarching principle that away fans too advantaged, our fans too disadvantaged and that in turn reduces or risks weakening our Home Advantage.

On 14/03/2024 at 00:12, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would that be signed off by the relevant bodies and how long would it take?

Agree in principle a whole standing end or the top half /2/3 minimum would be desirable. However are there limits, what considerations etc.

All 'Safe Standing' areas need sign off from the relevant bodies.

Secondly, I don't know if it still holds but at one point unreserved meant the risk of a 10% capacity reduction in said area.

Multiple searches suggest unreserved still=<10% as recently as 2022-23. Maybe it's changed since who knows.

I’ve been thinking similar for a while.  My seat is near the back of the SS, so would certainly come into the safe standing area and I would happily stand if it was introduced.

It would be a bit of hassle to sort out, but maybe the club could survey the ST holders in the SS and offer seat moves/ exchanges within the stand to supporters to either move to, or from the standing/seated areas.  This could be done prior to the normal season ticket renewal date.

No change is without problems, but hopefully it could be done to please as many fans as possible.  I just don’t think the club really care about safe standing and any potential improvement in atmosphere though, so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they put any effort into this.

• Like 2

• Admin
19 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’ve been thinking similar for a while.  My seat is near the back of the SS, so would certainly come into the safe standing area and I would happily stand if it was introduced.

It would be a bit of hassle to sort out, but maybe the club could survey the ST holders in the SS and offer seat moves/ exchanges within the stand to supporters to either move to, or from the standing/seated areas.  This could be done prior to the normal season ticket renewal date.

No change is without problems, but hopefully it could be done to please as many fans as possible.  I just don’t think the club really care about safe standing and any potential improvement in atmosphere though, so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they put any effort into this.

Read my previous comment in this thread on this

1 hour ago, phantom said:

When you say "us" and "we" who are you referring to? 

I'm not sure where you get the "most fans" comment from either as there was no official consultation with anyone. 

The only discussions were between supporters on social media 

Your graphic showing "S82" shows it's also been done by people who aren't actually in the S82 group and more so by people in the singing section 

I’m sorry phantom but there was official consultation as I was at one of them, there was probably about 40 or so fans there, it was mainly the lads who were putting flags out in the atyeo at the time from how I understood the club talking to them.

@Dave L “hosted” it too, he could confirm,.

One of the photos shown was explained by one of the designers, and there was another one where a sort of sunken area at the front of the south stand, almost like a paddock or what you get abroad at times, but fans at the meeting were saying it limited the amount of fans if more wanted to stand in the future. 

Then it appears the club just gave up on anything like that, and here we are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I’m sorry phantom but there was official consultation as I was at one of them, there was probably about 40 or so fans there, it was mainly the lads who were putting flags out in the atyeo at the time from how I understood the club talking to them.

One of the photos shown was explained by one of the designers, and there was another one where a sort of sunken area at the front of the south stand, almost like a paddock or what you get abroad at times, but fans at the meeting were saying it limited the amount of fans if more wanted to stand in the future. 

Thank you, I'd assumed it was more recent than that 

This is useful to know as it's not been referenced at any point in the early comms with the football club at the moment, but there could be feedback already? 

Assume it never went any further than this meeting by the sounds of it 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank you, I'd assumed it was more recent than that 

This is useful to know as it's not been referenced at any point in the early comms with the football club at the moment, but there could be feedback already? 

Assume it never went any further than this meeting by the sounds of it 

I didn’t attend many of the redevelopment ones, I just attended a couple of what would had been the “standing areas”. 

From memory there were 2/3 designs, I don’t think the paddock idea has been seen online since the meeting but I might be wrong.

Im sure it was held in the Williams stand too, so we’re talking before they got bulldozers out properly. 

I really liked the look of the paddock idea, it wouldn’t work now as it was at a sunken level so everyone could stand there and the rest of the stand could sit, it would of helped the atmosphere massively as you would have had an actual end and people who were not standing would of been able to join in a lot easier. 

• Thanks 1

@phantom

Found them, not sure how to post pics on here

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/eng/ashton_gate

scroll down to the 2013 pictures 

you will see lower half of south stand standing, upper seating 

From the pics you can see how early ones it’s like the club wanted to put effort into where fans went, standing lower south stand, all along lower dolman, then the newer photos are what we ended up with. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I do remember going to one of these official club meetings during the redevelopment. I remember meeting the architect and put some ideas to him. He said in theory great ideas but he has already drawn up the plans and didn't want to change it as it had already cost the club alot of money.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

@phantom

Found them, not sure how to post pics on here

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/eng/ashton_gate

scroll down to the 2013 pictures 

you will see lower half of south stand standing, upper seating 

From the pics you can see how early ones it’s like the club wanted to put effort into where fans went, standing lower south stand, all along lower dolman, then the newer photos are what we ended up with. 

I wonder if such a large one ie all along Lower Dolman, Lower South at that time gets wider sign-off.

It was a 30 odd year battle to get any Safe Standing at the top 2 levels like official ends or closer to. Limited areas sure but so large, I have my doubts.

Could've been installed for rugby, with the seats mostly locked into the seating position but future Proofing.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if such a large one ie all along Lower Dolman, Lower South at that time gets wider sign-off.

It was a 30 odd year battle to get any Safe Standing at the top 2 levels like official ends or closer to. Limited areas sure but so large, I have my doubts.

Could've been installed for rugby, with the seats mostly locked into the seating position but future Proofing.

It couldn’t have been installed sadly, as it wouldn’t have been able to of been used for football as they wouldn’t recognise it was seats. 

In short I still believe the club messed up badly with where “noisy” fans should go and now we are stuck in a position with no possibility of any changes being made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

It couldn’t have been installed sadly, as it wouldn’t have been able to of been used for football as they wouldn’t recognise it was seats. 

In short I still believe the club messed up badly with where “noisy” fans should go and now we are stuck in a position with no possibility of any changes being made. 

Thanks that was my thinking too on Point 1. Agreed that the club made poor decisions at time of rebuild.

There has got something that can be done surely...could you split the Lower Lansdown maybe. City fans behind both goals. Lower Lansdown 2k  rising to more for FA Cup and rejiggig a bit if promoted ever. Lower Lansdown has empty seats.. average attendance seat occupation would be interesting to see.

This is more medium term granted.