IGNORED

“Moving S82”

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If its behind the goal in the south stand yes it will no doubts about it,So yes if the petition gets it noticed (talks about it already) it will happen at some point if at all possible.

Edited by Street red

Just on a technical point.

My understanding is that S82 is a small section of the Singing Safe Standing Section.

All S82 are there days located in the Singing Section- they do displays etc, but not all Singing Safe Standing Section are members of, affiliated to S82.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

Not in the slightest and not only the person who set it up but those that have signed it clearly don't understand what goes into moving a large number of supporters 

It's actually really cringey that people think they can force this change 

As previously stated a number of times the SC&T are in the early stages of discussions with the club about any potential changes at a future date 

I'd suggest if someone knows the person who started the petition they learn what has to ha before any changes are even considered 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My understanding is that S82 is a small section of the Singing Section.

All S82 are there days located in the Singing Section- they do displays etc, but not all Singing Section are members of, affiliated to S82.

Correct 

Another example of the originator and those signing not having a clue 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My understanding is that S82 is a small section of the Singing Section.

All S82 are there days located in the Singing Section- they do displays etc, but not all Singing Section are members of, affiliated to S82.

I would imagine many people refer to the whole area as that because “Singing Section” is beyond cringeworthy, and everyone knows what they mean anyway. I just use Standing Section personally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I would imagine many people refer to the whole area as that because “Singing Section” is beyond cringeworthy, and everyone knows what they mean anyway. I just use Standing Section personally.

You are right, Safe Standing area is a much better term. Singing Section in a football ground should be a misnomer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not in the slightest and not only the person who set it up but those that have signed it clearly don't understand what goes into moving a large number of supporters 

As previously stated a number of times the SC&T are in the early stages of discussions with the club about any potential changes at a future date 

I'd suggest if someone knows the person who started the petition they learn what has to ha before any changes are even considered 

Correct 

Is there a risk of some kind of especially  if spaces appear in the South Stand of some sort of attempted (new) organic movement a bit like E34?

I do agree with the wider point though, it needs to be done through the correct channels, consultation, clearance with Licensing Bodies etc and probably won't be so quick.

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

They need to do something atmosphere is shite and has been for years.

Personally I'd put standing in the whole of the SS and have the whole lot unreserved.

You'd upset some but it might drive more back. 

Could never understand it being put there......it's where virtualy every other club plonks the away fans, and for a reason............madness !

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

They need to do something atmosphere is shite and has been for years.

Personally I'd put standing in the whole of the SS and have the whole lot unreserved.

You'd upset some but it might drive more back. 

Would that be signed off by the relevant bodies and how long would it take?

Agree in principle a whole standing end or the top half /2/3 minimum would be desirable. However are there limits, what considerations etc.

All 'Safe Standing' areas need sign off from the relevant bodies.

Secondly, I don't know if it still holds but at one point unreserved meant the risk of a 10% capacity reduction in said area.

Multiple searches suggest unreserved still=<10% as recently as 2022-23. Maybe it's changed since who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would that be signed off by the relevant bodies and how long would it take?

Agree in principle a whole standing end or the top half /2/3 minimum would be desirable. However are there limits, what considerations etc.

All 'Safe Standing' areas need sign off from the relevant bodies.

Secondly, I don't know if it still holds but at one point unreserved meant the risk of a 10% capacity reduction in said area.

Multiple searches suggest unreserved still=<10% as recently as 2022-23. Maybe it's changed since who knows.

The major change over the past two seasons has been all seating being reserved at away matches. I don’t know for sure and may be wrong on this but I’m not convinced clubs above a certain level are allowed unreserved allocations at all now. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah something does have to be done, atmosphere is dreadful. Dolman A and B block would be good or the whole of the Atyeo but it'll never happen. Need to be closer to the away fans though. 

On another note, the drum and that megaphone need to go. Beyond embarrassing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Correct 

Phantom, I know I keep saying this but to have discussions when there are no open ideas on what could happen, in my eyes is daft.

There are such limited scope on what can be done, the club should be open and go “this is what we can feasible do, do any of them sound good”, then put it out to fans etc. 

With there being limited options, you basically have the following

You make the back of the south stand standing,- 1 you annoy season ticket holders 2 your just spreading fans out

move to the upper lansdown - hardly going to be a massive uptake wanting to do that .

Other than that, what would work?

• Like 2

I’m guessing changes are dependent on how many STs DON’T get renewed in the SS.  If all the non-showers still buy their ST for their kids at £105 then nothing will change.  If however they start uprooting to the LSFA then there is scope to start moving people around.

Suspect some will move, some will stay.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Correct 

There are too many negatives to this

Firstly, what about the supporters already sitting in those seats? Some consisting of groups of friends and family? Where can they move to and stay together?

Secondly, and I have said this many times before, you cannot have people standing in a central block next to people sitting in an adjacent block because the people sat down can't see! The old east end worked because EVERYONE was stood up! They are stood up in the corner for a reason...

Sorry lads and lasses, it won't work 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Not if we're still ponderously passing the ball sideways across the halfway line, no

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

There are too many negatives to this

Firstly, what about the supporters already sitting in those seats? Some consisting of groups of friends and family? Where can they move to and stay together?

Secondly, and I have said this many times before, you cannot have people standing in a central block next to people sitting in an adjacent block because the people sat down can't see! The old east end worked because EVERYONE was stood up! They are stood up in the corner for a reason...

Sorry lads and lasses, it won't work 

You could do it across the whole of the back though no? I'm not sure if that'd help as people would be more spread out, but it's an option.

I just think they should just go for it personally. You're right there are negatives and people would have to be moved but the other option is just to never make any change to anything - because you'll disturb people anywhere you try and do stuff. Half the ground have already had to move in the last 10 years due to the rebuild. It's doable.

I'd give all the moved people first refusal on any other seat in the ground, and match their current season ticket price for the first year or two as a gesture of good will.

The real thing to do to improve the atmosphere is improve what we're seeing on the pitch though. Shuffling folk around might help a bit, but it's not addressing the real cause of the malaise. Lots of grounds (and at times at AG) have shown that exciting football creates a good atmosphere even in crap conditions.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Phantom, I know I keep saying this but to have discussions when there are no open ideas on what could happen, in my eyes is daft.

There are such limited scope on what can be done, the club should be open and go “this is what we can feasible do, do any of them sound good”, then put it out to fans etc. 

With there being limited options, you basically have the following

You make the back of the south stand standing,- 1 you annoy season ticket holders 2 your just spreading fans out

move to the upper lansdown - hardly going to be a massive uptake wanting to do that .

Other than that, what would work?

Agree with this, the idea that a fans group are in discussion with the club means very little to me. 

The club have made a rod for their own back with this, is there another club in the football league where the most vociferous homes fans are herded into a corner?

Its all part of the sanitised atmosphere the club wants to promote, hence why a huge swathe of seats in the central Lansdown are regularly empty, being kept back for ’hospitality’ that is supposed to generate extra income, but is rarely sold out.

The arrogance and contempt certain sections of our fan base has towards other supporters shows no bounds!

"I want to sit somewhere else, so people who already sit there can move for me!"

The only workable option in my view is to split the Atyeo and have home fans in the corner next to the Dolman with the minimum amount of tickets made available to away fans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

You could do it across the whole of the back though no? I'm not sure if that'd help as people would be more spread out, but it's an option.

May be a surprise to some but people do sing in the South Stand already and try to get an atmosphere going in there.   Plenty of them.  Moving a few people into the back rows when there are already singers there is going to make no difference whatsoever to the atmosphere.  There is no silver bullet here. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Why on earth do you say that, unless it is to spend the entire game antagonising them ?

God it's soul destroying watching grown men gesturing at the away fans in a "come on then" style. It's laughably pathetic. 

• Like 8

• Admin
2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Agree with this, the idea that a fans group are in discussion with the club means very little to me. 

Just to reply to these two comments, for those that didn't see Jon Darch's post on here a few week back, he has met with the club about the possibility of expanding safe standing areas with the ground - for those that don't know Jon he is behind the National safe standing campaign so we are lucky to have him as a supporter of us

In addition to that there is a small subcommittee who meet with senior club officials on a couple of issues, one of them is the possibility to enhance the atmosphere and viewing experience at AG8

At the moment we are in the early stages of this, we are meeting next Wednesday where we will discuss how improvements can be made, Jon and SC&T Chairman Stu Rogers have written a concise document on how the atmosphere can be improved and has already been shared with the club

Following these discussions we hope that the club buy into the fact that something needs to be done to improve our atmosphere

Then, BEFORE anything is done the club WILL liaise with all supporters about any proposed changes.

IF the demand is there for any change the club will then liaise with anyone that could be impacted by any changes, ONLY then will it move forward

IF the demand isn't there, then nothing will happen, if too many people don't agree with any potential changes it will NOT happen

Again this is in the early stages, but the wheels are in motion with the end goal of improving our matchday atmosphere and viewing experience

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

God it's soul destroying watching grown men gesturing at the away fans in a "come on then" style. It's laughably pathetic. 

Totally agree.

This behaviour 99% of time only comes when hiding behind police or barrier! 

Stay off watching Football Factory! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

The only workable option in my view is to split the Atyeo and have home fans in the corner next to the Dolman with the minimum amount of tickets made available to away fans.

2k- Away.

Segregation- How much or little?

Remainder- Home.

That appears to be a starting point if so, capacity around 3.4k for the Atyeo.

Then if unreserved that also needs factoring?