IGNORED

The silent majority

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

With you on this . I’m watching the Leicester game as my son is travelling up to join me but that aside , this will be my last game this season and I’m a season card holder . It’s not just unenjoyable now it’s actually depressing! 

I genuinely believe that whilst 20K attendances will be announced footfall, unless we put a run together, will be dreadful for the last three home games. Easily on a par with Swansea without the away fans there to pad out the numbers.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I genuinely believe that whilst 20K attendances will be announced footfall, unless we put a run together, will be dreadful for the last three home games. Easily on a par with Swansea without the away fans there to pad out the numbers.

Yes . I thought the Swansea attendance was around 16,000 to be honest . The Lansdown was barely at 50% !!

Just now, Baldyman said:

Yes . I thought the Swansea attendance was around 16,000 to be honest . The Lansdown was barely at 50% !!

Take off 1000-1500 away fans off that and the numbers will be terrible. The only way Rotherham gets even a semi-respectable turnout is if we end up being so bad up to that point that we genuinely NEED the points!! Could literally be 11-12K in there for that one if there's nothing to play for. In fact if Manning is still in-situ it might be less than that because some will take the view "what other way of protest is there?".

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Take off 1000-1500 away fans off that and the numbers will be terrible. The only way Rotherham gets even a semi-respectable turnout is if we end up being so bad up to that point that we genuinely NEED the points!! Could literally be 11-12K in there for that one if there's nothing to play for. In fact if Manning is still in-situ it might be less than that because some will take the view "what other way of protest is there?".

Imagine next season home to Blackburn. Wednesday night, being streamed live on sky opposite Champions league.

Will be down 10,000 in the actual ground.

4 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Another one same time.

DSC_1258.JPG

This is the message the club understands. At the moment they cling on to "Mothers Day" as the reason but if repeated after Leicester they will know they have a genuine problem with fans (that they have cultivated and perpetuated with their recent press releases). Someone at BS might think it's all a good old laugh at the moment.........whether Steve ends up seeing that way is another matter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

I'm in the same camp as you, very aware I'm in a small minority, willing to give manning the summer, however the negativity is something I can't recall for a long time, sadly its just the way the world is these days. 

It's fans sussing out the owners and their minions and realising that they don't know what they’re doing or, if they do, that they don't want the club to be successful just saleable.

22 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

I'm in the same camp as you, very aware I'm in a small minority, willing to give manning the summer, however the negativity is something I can't recall for a long time, sadly its just the way the world is these days. 

It's fans sussing out the owners and their minions and realising that they don't know what they’re doing or, if they do, that they don't want the club to be successful just saleable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Imagine next season home to Blackburn. Wednesday night, being streamed live on sky opposite Champions league.

Will be down 10,000 in the actual ground.

Won't be just us either. This TV deal could end up hurting attendances at Championship football far more than they could have imagined.

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Won't be just us either. This TV deal could end up hurting attendances at Championship football far more than they could have imagined.

Your right - i live in Yate and it can be a right ballache to get to the ground after work at times so i do end up watching more on TV when i just can’t be bothered 

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They don't care. 

Should drop down to a 22 team division anyway.  That would remove 4 of these evening games 

43 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sadly them selling I believe is the only way for the club to be successful going forward. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2024 at 20:59, The Humble Realist said:

Am I alone in thinking I'm in the silent majority that are pretty fed up with the current situation, unhappy at how the Pearson situation was handled BUT completely willing to wait til next season to judge manning (where he WILL be judged from game 1 onwards)?

Theres a lot of noise about manning out etc but do most fans feel like me ?

Not looking to knock anyones opinion (2024 has been dreadful and masked from looking even worse by the FA cup), just sometimes the loudest voices portray a larger sentiment than the reality. 

I think the majority are worried about what will happen if Manning is still here at the end of the season. We will lose Tommy, for one, sure, and how many others will disengage from the academy?  I'm not sure what the point of putting Jed Meerholz on the bench was; he could have let the kid have a cameo. Now that I am sure the season is over, relegation is not on the cards unless we fail to take any points between now and the end of the season.   I'd like to see the loans sidelined (Yes, Twine, I don't think he's terrible, but unless we sign him, we'll be playing against him next season) and academy players at least reassured that there is still a pathway.