IGNORED

The silent majority

8 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Honestly, I don’t think you’re on your own…. but I think you’re in the minority. Quite a small minority, I’d think. When you get away support booing and mocking the team - it’s bad. 

100%. This is Pulis levels of intense dislike (didn’t want to say hate)

I’ve not been a fan of the Lansdowns for a good while now, but surely even SL with his antipathy towards the fanbase, can see this situation needs bringing to a close. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Honestly, I don’t think you’re on your own…. but I think you’re in the minority. Quite a small minority, I’d think. When you get away support booing and mocking the team - it’s bad. 

Yeah fair point. The away support booing/mocking today concerns me as it's the absolute hardcore turning against the current situation. 

To expand on my original post further . I am furious at JL and Tinnion and think how they handled the Pearson situation. 

I'd normally give a manger 18 months before judging them too much but given the circumstances i was happy to pretty much write off this season and then judge manning from game 1.  FWIW I would have been getting v nervy if we had not beaten swansea and might have started thinking about mannings position more deeply. However, I think we will be safe so figure give manning the summer as it isnt his fault how he was appointed...

Also FWIW I am very sceptical about some of his decisions,  but again prepared to give him the summer to work things out and be in the top 10 minimum (JL and BTs minimum expectation)

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Like 3

If you’re in the majority I’d be surprised.

Everyone I speak to about City wants Manning sacked as soon as possible, the people around me at the ground actually moved on last Sunday from being angry at him to just openly mocking him.

Not since Pulis has a City manager been so unpopular and so quickly. This weird chapter in what is a very weird club needs bringing to an end.

• Like 6

I was with you & felt there was an Otib pile on. However, the last few games have been abysmal with the most depressing football I’ve seen for years. Manning has sucked life out of players and fans & for me taken the enjoyment away. I hate losing & ruins the weekend but numb to it today as zero expectations. He has to go now & from the base of fans I know, I’d say you are in a minority.

• Like 6

Went out for a drink last night with 3 other ST holders, none of whom post on here, nor sit by me.

Two sit with each other so obviously the chat about Manning, the other one sits with people I don’t know.

All 3 were scathing of Manning & Tinnion to an extent that made me look moderate.

It made me realise those who post on here aren’t any more anti Manning, he (& Tinnion) are now seriously disliked (to put it mildly) by significant numbers.

• Like 2

Fans I speak to regularly are all pretty fed up with the Lansdowns. Most don’t blame Manning, as he was sold a Jackanory when interviewed. He has walked in to a shitshow of a football club. Just a mess.
Manning is obviously out of his depth in the Championship.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 10

I think the attendances at the next few home games will be telling, clearly there were many seats empty in the South Stand last week which was put down kids cheap season tickets, an early KO and Mother’s Day. If those seats remain empty say for the Leicester game then you’ve got to question the general apathy which can’t be good when the club has just started flogging next year’s tickets.

A stuffing in that game could make the atmosphere interesting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If you’re in the majority I’d be surprised.

Everyone I speak to about City wants Manning sacked as soon as possible, the people around me at the ground actually moved on last Sunday from being angry at him to just openly mocking him.

Not since Pulis has a City manager been so unpopular and so quickly. This weird chapter in what is a very weird club needs bringing to an end.

We really have turned into a very weird football club!!

8 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yeah fair point. The away support booing/mocking today concerns me as it's the absolute hardcore turning against the current situation. 

To expand on my original post further . I am furious at JL and Tinnion and think how they handled the Pearson situation. 

I'd normally give a manger 18 months before judging them too much but given the circumstances i was happy to pretty much write off this season and then judge manning from game 1.  FWIW I would have been getting v nervy if we had not beaten swansea and might have started thinking about mannings position more deeply. However, I think we will be safe so figure give manning the summer as it isnt his fault how he was appointed...

Also FWIW I am very sceptical about some of his decisions,  but again prepared to give him the summer to work things out and be in the top 10 minimum (JL and BTs minimum expectation)

Your view is the correct approach but I’ve a horrible feeling this won’t work out regardless. I’d pull the trigger now. One of my biggest concerns is that he’s building no rapport with the fan base and being stubborn beyond all belief. 

This is Bristol City and he must produce something Bristol City supporters want and understand…. if he doesn’t flex there will be only one winner. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Am I alone in thinking I'm in the silent majority that are pretty fed up with the current situation, unhappy at how the Pearson situation was handled BUT completely willing to wait til next season to judge manning (where he WILL be judged from game 1 onwards)?

Theres a lot of noise about manning out etc but do most fans feel like me ?

Not looking to knock anyones opinion (2024 has been dreadful and masked from looking even worse by the FA cup), just sometimes the loudest voices portray a larger sentiment than the reality. 

If I were to gage it on this forum and the people I know I'd say you are in the minority

If I were to also gage it on crowd reaction that to would add up to you being in the minority, I've not known things be this bad since tp

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glynriley said:

100%. This is Pulis levels of intense dislike (didn’t want to say hate)

I’ve not been a fan of the Lansdowns for a good while now, but surely even SL with his antipathy towards the fanbase, can see this situation needs bringing to a close. 

Root cause of this is the Lansdowns…. However Manning is doing himself no favours. No rapport with the fans and not playing a brand of football us fans want or understand. He needs to change dramatically or we (fans) will win, eventually. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Am I alone in thinking I'm in the silent majority that are pretty fed up with the current situation, unhappy at how the Pearson situation was handled BUT completely willing to wait til next season to judge manning (where he WILL be judged from game 1 onwards)?

Not looking to knock anyones opinion (2024 has been dreadful and masked from looking even worse by the FA cup), just sometimes the loudest voices portray a larger sentiment than the reality. 

All I would say is, what have you seen in Manning so far that makes you think he’s got what it takes to turn things round next season? 

I’m getting increasingly alarmed at the possibilty of him still being here at the start of next season and the long-term damage he’s doing to this club the longer he’s here.  He already seems to have undone much of the good work done by NP and his team.

This appointment is looking like the biggest bollock dropped by SL during his ownership …. and there’s been a lot of those to choose from!

I think it’s time for people to hold their hands up and admit they got this appointment horrifically wrong.

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

24 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Tbh, I feel like I’m the minority, I think a load still think we should give him the summer….but seeing some of the posts above maybe not.

When I went on SOTC the other week, I genuinely think Jon Rae was shocked that I’d gone Manning out, but I do sense more moving to this view.

It’s horrible really.  I just want City to do well.  Ideally I’d only need to worry about what goes on on the pitch. But it seems bigger than that.

But you stick with your view.  You might be the sane one!

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Root cause of this is the Lansdowns…. However Manning is doing himself no favours. No rapport with the fans and not playing a brand of football us fans want or understand. He needs to change dramatically or we (fans) will win, eventually. 

He showed today that he learned nothing from last week.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Some people continue to say OTIB doesn’t speak for the majority of City fans which is true of course,but I speak to friends who are not on here and all feel the same,I expect you are in the minority but it doesn’t make you wrong 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

What worries me is that although he is clearly not up to the job you seem to be willing to let him spend our transfer money in the summer. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Sums up my view precisely. I thought it was clueless to get rid of Pearson but I wouldn’t get rid of Manning so soon. Personally I think you should give manager a minimum of 12 months to truly assess them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tbh, I feel like I’m the minority, I think a load still think we should give him the summer….but seeing some of the posts above maybe not.

When I went on SOTC the other week, I genuinely think Jon Rae was shocked that I’d gone Manning out, but I do sense more moving to this view.

It’s horrible really.  I just want City to do well.  Ideally I’d only need to worry about what goes on on the pitch. But it seems bigger than that.

He showed today that he learned nothing from last week.

Portrays himself as intelligent. I’m increasingly unsure. He’s, no doubt, well read on coaching but where’s the emotional intelligence and where’s the passion, the love of the game for the game…. Not the wretched process. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

OP is exactly where I am, I would have him here next season in any circumstance bar actual relegation (won’t happen).

But I think he’s gonna need a steady influx of wins spread over the final 8 games as his position is becoming borderline untenable. I don’t remember the fan base being this vocally against even Dean Holden, and performances under him were significantly worse than they are now.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m pretty much with you, my concern is if we ditch him now who’s going to replace him?,  and more importantly that person is going to be chosen by the same people that chose Manning. It’s a horrible situation we’re in and I really can’t see a way out of it.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I’m not sure if I fall into the majority or minority tbh, but I find Manning to be a nobody. I don’t want to start a new thread but I would genuinely love to know where do people see us finishing next season? I fear we did most of our “business” in January (Bird, Stokes etc.) I have zero faith in a leadership model that includes a manger sacked after a shameful defeat at league one level. I would absolutely take survival next season now if offered which is quite depressing. 

• Like 3

The irony here is we all cite TP as the comparison low point and yet he went on to become a very successful PL manager - who actually played a dull style that suited his players.

We mustn’t overlook that Manning is front and centre of the season ticket renewal advertisement- this was a clear statement from the Board.

All this talk about low attendance in the next game overlooks it’s mates rates and we should be near to capacity no matter what ghe silent majority might think!

5 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I’m pretty much with you, my concern is if we ditch him now who’s going to replace him?,  and more importantly that person is going to be chosen by the same people that chose Manning. It’s a horrible situation we’re in and I really can’t see a way out of it.

Tinnion as caretaker (perhaps that’s why he’s on the season ticket advert!)

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I could stomach manning but he has probably wiped millions off of Conways valuation, has shown himself to be completely dogmatic agnostic of players, keeps persevering with insanity and again shows no flexibility. And then to top it off again today he blames the players and says ‘not me’. His post march presser was a 0/10 as many have been recently. The fact he cannot and will not self reflect shows to me if he’s ‘learning on the job’ - as Tinnion says - he ain’t bloody well learning. 

time to say goodbye 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

OP is exactly where I am, I would have him here next season in any circumstance bar actual relegation (won’t happen).

But I think he’s gonna need a steady influx of wins spread over the final 8 games as his position is becoming borderline untenable. I don’t remember the fan base being this vocally against even Dean Holden, and performances under him were significantly worse than they are now.

Who inherited LJs sinkhole.

Not Pearson's steady if unflattering concrete foundation.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The irony here is we all cite TP as the comparison low point and yet he went on to become a very successful PL manager - who actually played a dull style that suited his players.

We mustn’t overlook that Manning is front and centre of the season ticket renewal advertisement- this was a clear statement from the Board.

All this talk about low attendance in the next game overlooks it’s mates rates and we should be near to capacity no matter what ghe silent majority might think!

Not just manning, but tinnion too