IGNORED

Bottom 3 in 2024 table - Tinnion defend this (sackable)

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

So the leagues worst side, a basket case club who made an awful managerial decision to sack a manager doing well, pissed the fans off and ballsed up their season,

and Birmingham.

Didn’t the football world all scratch their heads when Birmingham sacked Eustace.

What must they be thinking of us….. 🥴

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Shocking downhill slide since Pearson sacking.

If it was right to sack him, then it follows it MUST be right to sack Tinnion and Manning....sooner rather than later!

Tinnion is doing a good job at the Academy IMHO. I can see why he receives some criticism but calling for his sacking is a wild overreaction.

The results since NP left do however make a mockery of the stated reason for sacking NP and appointing Manning: that NP wasn't getting enough out of the players and that bringing in Manning would mean a much better final league position.

This aim has blatantly failed.

What is the Board's response?

Is it "Oh well." perchance?

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 5
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Tinnion is doing a good job at the Academy IMHO. I can see why he receives some criticism but calling for his sacking is a wild overreaction.

The results since NP left do however make a mockery of the stated reason for sacking NP and appointing Manning: that NP wasn't getting enough out of the players and that bringing in Manning would mean a much better final league position.

Tinnion doesn't work for the Academy. He is the Technical Director of the football club - the bloke in charge of the football operation, and will be PAID as such, a role he is blatantly underqualified to undertake in my view. If he was demoted to running the Academy again most would probably accept that (although most does exclude me tbh).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Shocking downhill slide since Pearson sacking.

If it was right to sack him, then it follows it MUST be right to sack Tinnion and Manning....sooner rather than later!

You are starting from a mistaken assumption that Nigel was sacked for football reasons. When it comes to JL and BT logic does not apply.

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Haven’t there been numerous posts pointing out Gary Probert did the legwork & was then poached by Mark Ashton for Ipswich?

I’m not saying he didn’t play a part, but do get the impression he massively overstated it.

He needs to go, I’d get rid of him before Manning personally.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I honestly believe that we just couldn’t (or wouldn’t) afford a new contract in the summer for Nige , hence taking on the work experience kid to replace him . Our January window both in and out all suggests monetary issues rather than football issues , have been the root cause of the decisions made . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

We don't have anything that could reasonably be described as a Board. Therefore there is nobody to challenge the club's decisions.

Not something that most fans care about but the lack of good corporate governance is one of the fundamental reasons for our current state.

• Like 15
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I honestly believe that we just couldn’t (or wouldn’t) afford a new contract in the summer for Nige , hence taking on the work experience kid to replace him . Our January window both in and out all suggests monetary issues rather than football issues , have been the root cause of the decisions made . 

We only have monetary issues because Lansdown has decided to pocket the Semenyo and  Scott money.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Haven’t there been numerous posts pointing out Gary Probert did the legwork & was then poached by Mark Ashton for Ipswich?

I’m not saying he didn’t play a part, but do get the impression he massively overstated it.

Indeed. The quote that springs to mind is “When someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them”

He knifed Wilson

He knifed Pearson

Say we do bust him down a level or two. All that will happen is he’ll try and do the same thing again. As the scorpion said to the frog “It’s in my nature”

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And on this, other than the obvious Scott and Semenyo points, any monetary issues will be worsened by the fact that Liam Manning appears to be on a one man mission to destroy the confidence and value of our most saleable asset.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Expecting Tinnion to return to his former role with the Academy would be like a company sending the senior managing director back to head of apprenticeships. Ain't gonna happen. 

But appointing him to a senior position in the first place was like promoting a long-serving middle manager to CEO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, chinapig said:

But appointing him to a senior position in the first place was like promoting a long-serving middle manager to CEO.

I would say it was more like the Waste Transfer Company promoting the long serving Binman (pun definitely intended) to CEO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

Surprised people still swallow the hype about Tinnions Academy cv.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh II said:

So the leagues worst side, a basket case club who made an awful managerial decision to sack a manager doing well, pissed the fans off and ballsed up their season,

and Birmingham.

Rotherham are the worst though?

Edited by AshtonGreat

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I've pointed out on a separate thread that Tinnion was mostly in charge of literally academy recruitment, and that's it, even then none of the players coming through now - Conway, Bell, Palmer-Houlden, were recruited by him. We won't see the impact of Tinnions running of the academy until more players break into the team, but aside from the likes of Knight-Lebel many don't seem to be progressing or given a chance under Manning like they would under Pearson (who played the likes of Taylor-Clarke and Yeboah) due to the U18 Cup fiasco.

Horseman, Probert, and Davenport were mostly in charge of their development, with the former credited by Reid and Bryan in their development.

Scott's signing (per the announcement on the club website) was spearheaded by Probert, not Tinnion who by that stage was splitting duties between youth and his role as loan manager, and was orchestrated on a tip of from Vance to the club via SL. As for Semenyo, by 2017, at some stage, recruitment was being split between Tinnion and Damian Butt (Head of Academy Recruitment) - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-signed-up-from-sgs/

Those links with SGS, Guernsey - will remain even if Tinnions leaves.

Add to that the manner of Pearsons sacking - which others have pointed out has Tinnions fingerprints all over it, and based on Tinnions role in ST Promotional material - the exact kind of thing we'd slate Ashton for, sorry I want him gone.

He's grabbing too far - one person should not be capable nor in charge of the Academy (Director), Loan Manager, and Technical (a word he can't even spell in this LinkedIn profile) Director, all at the same time.

Spot on.

Should be pinned to anything to do with Tinnion and the Academy.

Did you work for the Academy at any point?

Tinnion moved on some very capable people after Gary Probert left.

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We don't have anything that could reasonably be described as a Board. Therefore there is nobody to challenge the club's decisions.

Not something that most fans care about but the lack of good corporate governance is one of the fundamental reasons for our current state.

Well said... I've mentioned this a couple of times before. This Is the key to all our problems. Noone who will or has responsibility to start to look at how we build a new structure...mainly because they will be doing themselves out of a job!! Makes me want to scream  but there is a brick wall we have to overcome!! it makes me very angry and sad the ridiculous state this club is in.

This is the main reason I won't be renewing... like so many others after giving decades of support will it seems be doing the same. I'll be back though when they decide to grow up and be a proper board designed to run a club fit for the modern day challenges.

• Like 3

Whilst I understand there are issues with JL & BT's inexperienced handling of club affairs, at this moment in time replacing C3PO with Andy King now would bring the club back together short term and sell more season tickets which is ultimately what the club are always aiming for. I except that I, & many other fans are far from happy with how we are being run but in the immediate future it simply isn't working out for the current coach. The player recruitment will go ahead whoever is in charge as that's part of BT's remit. It would be foolhardy to think a preseason will change our fortunes dramatically, it won't. Yes we are under invested but there is nothing to suggest that the current coach can step up and affect and improve our current standing as a football club.

Its as simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, extonsred said:

Well said... I've mentioned this a couple of times before. This Is the key to all our problems. Noone who will or has responsibility to start to look at how we build a new structure...mainly because they will be doing themselves out of a job!! Makes me want to scream  but there is a brick wall we have to overcome!! it makes me very angry and sad the ridiculous state this club is in.

This is the main reason I won't be renewing... like so many others after giving decades of support will it seems be doing the same. I'll be back though when they decide to grow up and be a proper board designed to run a club fit for the modern day challenges.

I will pay the £40 difference when I our club is run properly I couldn't care if we beat Leicester next game it changes nothing and I'm like you until this club is run more professionally then they can forget me renewing. Keep laughing Bristol sport because we mean it this time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

I've pointed out on a separate thread that Tinnion was mostly in charge of literally academy recruitment, and that's it, even then none of the players coming through now - Conway, Bell, Palmer-Houlden, were recruited by him. We won't see the impact of Tinnions running of the academy until more players break into the team, but aside from the likes of Knight-Lebel many don't seem to be progressing or given a chance under Manning like they would under Pearson (who played the likes of Taylor-Clarke and Yeboah) due to the U18 Cup fiasco.

Horseman, Probert, and Davenport were mostly in charge of their development, with the former credited by Reid and Bryan in their development.

Scott's signing (per the announcement on the club website) was spearheaded by Probert, not Tinnion who by that stage was splitting duties between youth and his role as loan manager, and was orchestrated on a tip of from Vance to the club via SL. As for Semenyo, by 2017, at some stage, recruitment was being split between Tinnion and Damian Butt (Head of Academy Recruitment) - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-signed-up-from-sgs/

Those links with SGS, Guernsey - will remain even if Tinnions leaves.

Add to that the manner of Pearsons sacking - which others have pointed out has Tinnions fingerprints all over it, and based on Tinnions role in ST Promotional material - the exact kind of thing we'd slate Ashton for, sorry I want him gone.

He's grabbing too far - one person should not be capable nor in charge of the Academy (Director), Loan Manager, and Technical (a word he can't even spell in this LinkedIn profile) Director, all at the same time.

Out of reps, but a big hat tip to your detailed knowledge of how the Academy works.

What I would say is that whilst an organisation becomes good from having talented individuals it requires good management in order to empower and encourage those individuals to shine.

The Academy has done well under Tinnion's management and that Academy stars individually credit particular individuals with most contributing to their development that doesn't take away that he has been in overall charge and so empowering and encouraging those individual successes to happen.

That doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread but it is to his credit.

I also don't mind that he has a ruthless edge to him.  Danny Wilson was an all round nice man and his team reacted by spending their evenings out on the piss and then failing to win through the play-offs.

• Like 1