IGNORED

James Bond.

Midred

Apparently Aaron Taylor - Johnson to be the new James Bond. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the character die a horrible death at the end of "No time to die"? Then they drank a toast to him after. That's going to be a bit awkward for them in the next film. I know quite a few actors have played the character over the years but it will be the first time after death!

Daniel Craig was shown getting his first (?) kill to make him a double O. Completely ignored Brosnan. 

Just restart the franchise again. The only shame is I liked Ben Winshaw, Ralph Fiennes etc who will probably be moving on. 

35 minutes ago, Midred said:

Apparently Aaron Taylor - Johnson to be the new James Bond. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the character die a horrible death at the end of "No time to die"? Then they drank a toast to him after. That's going to be a bit awkward for them in the next film. I know quite a few actors have played the character over the years but it will be the first time after death!

Isn’t 007 just the agent number? So in theory doesn’t matter if an agent dies? Sure that’s what i read somewhere 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Midred said:

Its fiction - they can do what they want.

32 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Isn’t 007 just the agent number? So in theory doesn’t matter if an agent dies? Sure that’s what i read somewhere 

That’s exactly right. Agent 007 is simply an identity number and be played by any actor.

2 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Each to their own but I can’t agree. Phwooar 

IMG_0376.webp

For me just in performance you take Cavill's style of performance from the man from uncle, he showed in mission impossible his fight scenes are good if he has a good choreographer. 

5 hours ago, Rob k said:

The point is that he's not just taking over 007 it's the name aswell. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This isn’t true. His father is Andrew Bond which implies James Bond is his real name 

Sorry but someone has to tell you Smith - James Bond is a fictional character invented by Ian Fleming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Can't agree with that. 

Why not?

Murphy meets all the criteria needed to play Bond. He handsome, cool and suave and an experienced actor.

That said whoever the next 007 is they won’t ever outdo Sean Connery. He was the best Bond ever.

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

This isn’t true. His father is Andrew Bond which implies James Bond is his real name 

You don’t know much about MI6 then - everything is based on deception and bluff including all spies and their families having pseudonyms to protect their true identity.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You don’t know much about MI6 then - everything is based on deception and bluff including all spies and their families having pseudonyms to protect their true identity.

It’s fictional!  In one of the books his father is named! The book isn’t an MI6 manual!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why not?

Murphy meets all the criteria needed to play Bond. He handsome, cool and suave and an experienced actor.

That said whoever the next 007 is they won’t ever outdo Sean Connery. He was the best Bond ever.

He's also 47. Probably too old for Bond. Or for a good run at Bond. 

Can get a good 15 years out of ATJ.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Midred said:

Prequels? 

• Like 2

You also have many of the film titles having nothing really to do with the actual book apart from character names. Then there was the Thunderball court case which meant the co-author could claim rights. The result was the final Sean Connery 007 outing that isn't part of the Eon canon of James Bond releases.

Sticking to some of the original book plots could be the way to go.

9 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Well if it was good enough for Sherlock Holmes to be resurrected, than so can 007.

And how many versions of Spiderman origins are going to be made? 

Just now, Norn Iron said:

And how many versions of Spiderman origins are going to be made? 

They missed a trick here as the last one should have only been available on the web

• Haha 2

On 20/03/2024 at 08:49, Robbored said:

Why not?

Could be wrong of course and we'd never know, but from what I've seen of Murphy in interviews and with his outlook on Ireland and the UK, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd turn the role down if offered anyway. Great bloke and a great actor, but Murphy and the ultimate British character? Not a fit that I could ever imagine happening.

Edited by nebristolred

On 20/03/2024 at 08:49, Robbored said:

Why not?

Nah, George Lazenby is better , of the early ones Connery is 2nd. I kind of look at Craig's incarnation as almost a different genre , much more serious and my favourite of the lot.

On 20/03/2024 at 13:54, Kid in the Riot said:

Prequels? 

I was only thinking that the other day. Craig did the bit getting his double '0" , but they could go back as far as they want, even to where he was orphaned .  It will be interesting , I loved the Daniel Craig version I just hope they keep up that standard.