IGNORED

Older Dinosaurs

I hear that old bore - Warnock is on our forum again? Why? He has failed and walked away from, more clubs than any manager in history. Obviously, when paid by 23, 24, 25 clubs whatever it is, he will have won over some fans but not many..and certainly not me.

And still the old bores about 'Nige' continue on here. Go back to Aug last last year when he promised us a team for promotion, look at his record outside of Leicester and then come to conclude these old boys may have had their year and multiple wages but they just aint the gravy any more.

Our current man(ning) probably isnt either but occasional readers of our forum have remarked how the same old stories just get re-circulated.

Manning is our coach, Tinman is our (super) academy leader and the Lansdowns own the club - none of this is news either. Let's start some current topics FFS and let the dark ages of Warnock's failed job interview with SL and Pearson's lies in 2021/22/23 all be water under the bridge.

In a league with so many of his former employers — he has managed Hull, Leicester, Southampton and Watford, coached Stoke and West Brom, and played for Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday — Pearson believes Bristol City have a squad capable of competing for promotion.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 16

9 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I hear that old bore - Warnock is on our forum again? Why? He has failed and walked away from, more clubs than any manager in history. Obviously, when paid by 23, 24, 25 clubs whatever it is, he will have won over some fans but not many..and certainly not me.

And still the old bores about 'Nige' continue on here. Go back to Aug last last year when he promised us a team for promotion, look at his record outside of Leicester and then come to conclude these old boys may have had their year and multiple wages but they just aint the gravy any more.

Our current man(ning) probably isnt either but occasional readers of our forum have remarked how the same old stories just get re-circulated.

Manning is our coach, Tinman is our (super) academy leader and the Lansdowns own the club - none of this is news either. Let's start some current topics FFS and let the dark ages of Warnock's failed job interview with SL and Pearson's lies in 2021/22/23 all be water under the bridge.

In a league with so many of his former employers — he has managed Hull, Leicester, Southampton and Watford, coached Stoke and West Brom, and played for Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday — Pearson believes Bristol City have a squad capable of competing for promotion.

Without Pearson we would have been relegated... as we are probably going to find out next season. We were 8th when we sacked him and based on a similar number of games under Manning we are something like 23rd. I don't ever remember him 'promising' promotion. I do remember him taking a complete mess and slowly making it better. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

'Warnock's record eighth promotion came in his second season in Wales thanks to a runner-up finish in the Championship, giving Cardiff their second chance at Premier League football'.

As you can see the man has been a complete failure.

Maybe a good idea to do your research first.

• Like 12

It being a forum , and currently the Club being a mess , is there any wonder threads like this pop up ?

If the Club was being run in a semi competent way , and it wasn't just jobs for mates , Warnock would only be mentioned as he hit the News.

I like the idea of Tinnion being in charge of the Academy again, make it happen please. 

That last bit , is that a new interview ? I don't remember Pearson saying that when he was here ?

11 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Tinnion is not our academy leader. We were far better off when he was.

As for "current", as much as I'd hate Warnock anywhere near our club it's a discussion about replacing the manager who is currently failing miserably at his job. So as boring as you find the threads, they ARE current.

Seeing as you're happy with how things are going I wait with bated breath for you to start an invigorating thread on current topics...

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Tinnion is not our academy leader. We were far better off when he was.

As for "current", as much as I'd hate Warnock anywhere near our club it's a discussion about replacing the manager who is currently failing miserably at his job. So as boring as you find the threads, they ARE current.

Seeing as you're happy with how things are going I wait with bated breath for you to start an invigorating thread on current topics...

The OP is just a WUM, best ignored. He’s so full of shit his eyes are brown. 

Pearson wasn’t without his faults, but as I posted the other day, he’s sure proving a tough act to follow. 

Lansdowns and Tinnion out. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2
  • Flames 2

So in a sport of passion and opinions certain tools who love their own opinions only, not to mention welsh-sounding names and auto-signatures so full of self-importance, certain  posters wish to 'silence' the views of others; if that's attempts at marxism or dictatorship on a football forum, then crack on Jack. I actually like one or two of your hundreds of comments but not the ones trying to silence others nor those implying anyone who doesnt hate the current manager, have pics of Pearson on their walls etc must be employed by B.S. Growing up would be good for you.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

So in a sport of passion and opinions certain tools who love their own opinions only, not to mention welsh-sounding names and auto-signatures so full of self-importance, certain  posters wish to 'silence' the views of others; if that's attempts at marxism or dictatorship on a football forum, then crack on Jack. I actually like one or two of your hundreds of comments but not the ones trying to silence others nor those implying anyone who doesnt hate the current manager, have pics of Pearson on their walls etc must be employed by B.S. Growing up would be good for you.

Love your 6th word. Not according to your poster boy.

Actually, you've put so many words into one sentence, you've outed yourself.

You are Liam Manning.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What a fantastic interview this was - Pearson was settled here and you were starting to see that (slowly) on the pitch. 

Competing for promotion and achieving are two different things. However, I believe we would have been competitive if he had stayed. 

The writer used to play for Bath City in the late 90s.  Think he might’ve been on Swindon’s books before that.

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What a fantastic interview this was - Pearson was settled here and you were starting to see that (slowly) on the pitch. 

Competing for promotion and achieving are two different things. However, I believe we would have been competitive if he had stayed. 

Thanks for reposting. There is one comment on the thread that sticks out, and if anyone was in any doubt how much of a bollocks up Lansdown, Manning and Tinnion have made just read this:

IMG_2766.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Can we bring back the aubergine emoji

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Isn’t silencing the views of others the intention of your original post?

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I wish to silence your bullshit, not your views. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Isn’t silencing the views of others the intention of your original post?

I'm so glad you said that....I was about to post the same thing.  The hypocrisy of moaning about others trying to silence peoples views on a thread they started that was trying to silence people's views is quality even for him! 

Pun completely intended, but the OP has (once again) had a gert mare here!

• Like 3