IGNORED

What if we never had beaten southampton

1 minute ago, Bcfc willzyak said:

I wondered to my self if we never had beaten Southampton would manning still be in his job now?

move this to a thread you find appropriate if don’t want another thread  

Don’t move it!!

It is actually a good question! 

I was bloody furious after Leeds at home. We were awful all over the pitch, but at that point apologists for this shitshow were still making excuses. Parachute payments blah blah as if their parachute payments were an excuse for a pathetic performance by us. 

City played well enough against Southampton, but it gets forgotten they could comfortably have been two up before we scored. 

I personally think he would still be here now if they had beaten us back then as the same excuses would have been trotted out back then. 

But he and possibly Tinman would be a game closer to the tin tack. 

However I think a largish defeat against Leicester will be enough!

Southampton has been the straw that the drowning rats have been clutching in sheer desperation.

But such a flimsy and inconsequential lifeline won’t stop them sinking further.

One swallow does not make a summer. 

But in Tinnion’s parallel universe, it apparently does.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We'd never have the 25 year anniversary shirt and players parade at the closest match to 13th February 2049 to look forward to.   

You joke (I think) but I wouldn't put it past this club. They're probably commissioning a mural in the concourse as we speak.

• Haha 1

I really hope we do the same to Leicester, unlikely I know.

But another result like that in front of the cameras…..again, would probably be enough to see Manning through to next autumn.

And so begins another season of mid table battles, if we’re lucky, with a couple of season highs with wins over Burnley and Sheffield United.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I really hope we do the same to Leicester, unlikely I know.

But another result like that in front of the cameras…..again, would probably be enough to see Manning through to next autumn.

And so begins another season of mid table battles, if we’re lucky, with a couple of season highs with wins over Burnley and Sheffield United.

Yes. I think that's being optimistic.

download(2).jpeg.a33972ed947c5eecae46a8a053b73b06.jpeg

10 hours ago, Bcfc willzyak said:

I wondered to my self if we never had beaten Southampton would manning still be in his job now?

move this to a thread you find appropriate if don’t want another thread  

Gentlemen of Ashton shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks that were there with us on Saint Liam's day..

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Haha 5

If we hadn’t beaten Southampton?

Well, assuming we had lost we would’ve lost 5 on the bounce going into the Swansea game; that wouldn’t have been pleasant at all! 

As others have said also clearly 3 (or 2) points worse off so only 5 points off relegation. 

Quite likely then he may have already gone. For me though it was the Swansea result that saved him, not the Southampton one. Had he lost that, and then again to WBA it may well have been the end going into this international break.

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

If we hadn’t beaten Southampton?

Well, assuming we had lost we would’ve lost 5 on the bounce going into the Swansea game; that wouldn’t have been pleasant at all! 

As others have said also clearly 3 (or 2) points worse off so only 5 points off relegation. 

Quite likely then he may have already gone. For me though it was the Swansea result that saved him, not the Southampton one. Had he lost that, and then again to WBA it may well have been the end going into this international break.

The result against Swansea should have been immaterial. SL was there and saw with his own eyes what a sh*t show it was. To then lose meakly to WBA should have been the end.

I can only guess that JL and BT did some ott tongue work to save their own faces and LM,' s job.

There is no way back now for LM. Once you totally lose the fan base that's it. Win 6 of the next 8 and this dismal 6 months will always come back to haunt him.

I can't think of a single manager that lost the fanbase and turned it around.

Get rid now.

• Like 5

On its own, beating Southampton as we did was credit to Liam and the players. The club shouldn’t still be clutching to it though. If anything it should be raising more questions as to why we have been so poor since. 

Had we lost against Southampton, I don’t think much changes. That Swansea result really did save Liam imo. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

The result against Swansea should have been immaterial. SL was there and saw with his own eyes what a sh*t show it was. To then lose meakly to WBA should have been the end.

I can only guess that JL and BT did some ott tongue work to save their own faces and LM,' s job.

There is no way back now for LM. Once you totally lose the fan base that's it. Win 6 of the next 8 and this dismal 6 months will always come back to haunt him.

I can't think of a single manager that lost the fanbase and turned it around.

Get rid now.

If we somehow win 6 of the next 8 then the last 6 months will definitely be forgotten by BT and JL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why do I have an image of statues of Tinnion and Manning dressed as Greek gods, with Pearson on his hands and knees bowing before them???

Greek gods were usually depicted naked, so it's a no from me

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I mentioned it once but thought I’d got away with it

I thought it was the best we had played for years, especially in the 2nd half, we battered a team that hadn’t lost for 25 games. I get the negativity currently but you have to give credit where it’s due.