IGNORED

England Vs Brazil / Belgium

36 minutes ago, Bowlegchicken said:

Watched England 25 yrs ago not no more no interest  innit  city all the way 

I can't wait for the season to end and looking forward to the Euros.

• Like 10

On 18/03/2024 at 21:00, LondonBristolian said:

I’m going to be at the Belgium friendly next week. I’m not anticipating a classic but could be surprised!

I will look out for you starting that Mexican tfxxking wave that always goes round at friendlies along with the paper aeroplanes and the place full of kids , friendlies arnt for me I’m afraid 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

I will look out for you starting that Mexican tfxxking wave that always goes round at friendlies along with the paper aeroplanes and the place full of kids , friendlies arnt for me I’m afraid 

Not for me usually either - a mate emailed me last week with a spare ticket. I'm mostly going for the social bit of catching up with him rather than the football!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not for me usually either - a mate emailed me last week with a spare ticket. I'm mostly going for the social bit of catching up with him rather than the football!

Do Englandfans still congregate at those 2 ghastly pubs green man & The globe ( Baker Street ) 

18 minutes ago, redkev said:

They're horrific, but needs must for caps for the away games / tournies

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

We’re going to Boxpark for the Brazil game.  Good venue, but busy af.

Have you paid or just the free entry?

I've done it before for Champs League final and it was decent because the numbers were limited, was the 2021 Covid year

We've got the free entry but thinking it'll be too busy by time we get there - mates arent getting in til like 3-3:30. I know you have to be in before 3pm on the paid tickets

On 18/03/2024 at 21:00, LondonBristolian said:

I’m going to be at the Belgium friendly next week. I’m not anticipating a classic but could be surprised!

I'm going to England V Brazil. I'll probably be sat too far away for close inspection of the kit.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm going to England V Brazil. I'll probably be sat too far away for close inspection of the kit.

I'm going as well! I have a seat in Level 1 so could get a good view of it 

(Side note: I'm planning on bringing my Bristol City/England flag & getting it hung up)

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

(Side note: I'm planning on bringing my Bristol City/England flag & getting it hung up)

I'm up in block 522, high up I guess.

I'll look out for your flag!

• Like 1

• Admin
21 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

£84. People who buy this literally have rocks in their heads. The fabric is cheap, the labour is cheap, the shipping is cheap. Literally they cost about a fiver to make.

It is worse than that, this is on the England store website..... they do offer Free Delivery though lol

image.png

20 hours ago, redkev said:

I'm taking a friend who hasn't been to an England game before so am getting brownie points with her, also doing the stadium tour Sunday lunchtime

20 hours ago, redkev said:

Do Englandfans still congregate at those 2 ghastly pubs green man & The globe ( Baker Street ) 

I was wondering about going to The Globe before the game, easy location when changing tubes at Baker Street, certainly quieter the The Metropolitan will be

20 hours ago, Rocky said:

Never been here before, not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of getting served

20 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I've done it before for Champs League final and it was decent because the numbers were limited, was the 2021 Covid year

We've got the free entry but thinking it'll be too busy by time we get there - mates arent getting in til like 3-3:30. I know you have to be in before 3pm on the paid tickets

I applied for those too, I doubt I will be in the area until about 4pm if I head straight there after checking in at my hotel

I guess it is one to avoid at that time?

I was tempted to go there after the game to give the crowds time to disperse 

16 hours ago, redkev said:

Never done that , do you stay in there for the game or just pre match 

They won't be showing the game 

12 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Which block are you in?

I'm in 126, I was going to take the large Weston / England flag my mate in S82 has, but I am going to be drinking around London after so don't trust myself not to lose it

• Like 2

17 hours ago, redkev said:

Totally understand why people go , but for the reasons above it’s hard work if your a proper football fan and not a spectator ( 2 different things ) 

absolutely agree, I hate the friendlies 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

It is worse than that, this is on the England store website..... they do offer Free Delivery though :laugh:

image.png

I'm taking a friend who hasn't been to an England game before so am getting brownie points with her, also doing the stadium tour Sunday lunchtime

I was wondering about going to The Globe before the game, easy location when changing tubes at Baker Street, certainly quieter the The Metropolitan will be

Never been here before, not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of getting served

I applied for those too, I doubt I will be in the area until about 4pm if I head straight there after checking in at my hotel

Which block are you in?

I'm in 126, I was going to take the large Weston / England flag my mate in S82 has, but I am going to be drinking around London after so don't trust myself not to lose it

I dont know about one to avoid as such, but I imagine after 3ish it'll be one in one out and I've seen some queues.

The problem I'm tackling with my mates (6 of us going) is that if you decide you can't get in and it's 3.30 / 4, you're kinda stuck in the area.

I don;t know what it's like inside as haven't been since 2021 but back then it was decent, plenty of space and table service via app - but as I say it was limited by covid numbers and such like.

I remember they were also helpful that one of our group turned up a bit later and they let him queue jump to join us (was one in one out at that point), the door staff were really good and friendly.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, redkev said:

Never done that , do you stay in there for the game or just pre match 

They dont show the game, but you're only allowed in with a match ticket - so it's predominently pre and post game drinks / food.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 14:04, MarcusX said:

Paid £10 each for before 3pm entry. We’re getting to London around midday. 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

It is worse than that, this is on the England store website..... they do offer Free Delivery though :laugh:

image.png

Which block are you in?

Phantom

Don't go on the tube, get on the overground from Marylebone to wembley, it's no where near as busy especially after the game, you can usually get a seat!

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this will help or not, but if you were to buy from the England Store & you have a MyRewards account, you'll get points as Fanatics/Kitbag (who run that website) are partners. I found this out when I bought something a few months ago & it showed up in my transactions in MyRewards

21 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm up in block 522, high up I guess.

I'll look out for your flag!

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Which block are you in?

I am in block 140. I wanted a closer seat to you @phantom but none available at time of booking

• Thanks 1

• Admin
36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Phantom

Don't go on the tube, get on the overground from Marylebone to wembley, it's no where near as busy especially after the game, you can usually get a seat!

Cheers for the advice 

May sound daft the person I'm going with hasn't "experienced" the walk with Wembley in the distance and find that a real lasting memory 

I get a cold sweat as I used to work in the second building on the left lol 

I'm planning on coming back the way you mentioned, especially as we're sat that part of the ground 

I used to arrive that way and head to The Greyhound pub 

28 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

I am in block 140. I wanted a closer seat to you @phantom but none available at time of booking

After bumping into you so randomly at the women's final I'm sure we'll find you 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 20/03/2024 at 13:56, Rocky said:

On 20/03/2024 at 14:04, MarcusX said:

Just had this email 

Screenshot_20240321_204008_Email.jpg

On 21/03/2024 at 20:27, phantom said:

Cheers for the advice 

May sound daft the person I'm going with hasn't "experienced" the walk with Wembley in the distance and find that a real lasting memory 

I get a cold sweat as I used to work in the second building on the left :laugh: 

I'm planning on coming back the way you mentioned, especially as we're sat that part of the ground 

I used to arrive that way and head to The Greyhound pub 

After bumping into you so randomly at the women's final I'm sure we'll find you 

I personally think they’ve ruined that walk with all the buildings now, was iconic when it first opened, now you can barely see much of the stadium.

Thanks for the tag about box park, I’ve told my mates it’ll be a struggle on a free but we’ll see what happens!

• Like 1

Is it still a shithole around Wembley , I see they have numerous hotels / buildings all up Wembley way but what’s it like a little further afield , I’m generally running late after drinking elsewhere and it’s usually off the tube straight up Wembley way and into ground so have little idea what’s about in the vicinity. , was never many pubs / bars etc ,

generally use to drink in Harrow / Ickenham / Ruislip areas , or central London 

Edited by redkev
  • Thanks 1