IGNORED

England Vs Brazil / Belgium

How & why people go and watch England friendlies at Wembley I don’t know , would love to know how much it would cost just to travel from Bristol , pay for parking tube in from parking , couple of pints , bit of food , ticket for game etc etc to watch an exhibition game , I understand why people do it but not for me thanks 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Markthehorn said:

Looked like a player who hadn’t really played for a while.

Looked well off the pace , I know Luke shaw was injured aswell but chillwell should have been nowhere near that team tonight how long he has been out surely there is another left footed left back in the prem somewhere, I would have given that Luton fullback ( Doughty  think his name ) a go , but hang on he doesn’t play for one of the big teams 

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Strong argument that the best players in La Liga and Bundesliga are both English. Not sure we've ever been able to say that before.

Plus a plethora of English talent in the Premier League.

Us and France will have the two best squads in the tournament this summer. 

But unfortunately we have a hopeless manager in charge

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Some of the posts on here are laughable. 

Seriosuly, Watkins is one of the stand out players in the PL this season - had zero service tonight (like watching Conway), how is he supposed to score off scraps in and around the box.

Foden and Bellingham are magicians with the ball, and work so hard without it.

mainoo will be a player.

rice looks like he never breaks a sweat.

Chillwell and Gallagher were pants, that is true.

If you play at walking pace, pass the ball around slowly, backwards, sideways, backwards again allowing the opposition to gather 5 defenders all the time in the World to surround your lone central forward it will forever be.

It seems the bloke who wrote the FA Coaching Manual, for some strange reason, didn’t think this would happen. Hence FA Coaching devotes, like Southgate and Manning, hit a brick wall and have no idea how to solve the lone, small striker problem. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

How & why people go and watch England friendlies at Wembley I don’t know , would love to know how much it would cost just to travel from Bristol , pay for parking tube in from parking , couple of pints , bit of food , ticket for game etc etc to watch an exhibition game , I understand why people do it but not for me thanks 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, redkev said:

no one is forcing you babber

I wonder why I bother with the coach down to Bristol to watch an ‘exhibition’ match at Ashton Gate. 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

I looked at that match and thought what a load of boring sideways 5hite. If that's the FA coaching manual, its everything that is wrong with football. Coaches like Joe 90 must be lapping this rot up. Hardly any real chances and what chances there were were borne out of opposition mistakes. Not sure how Maguire starts and Chilwell was lamentably just dreadfully poor, mind you not having much game time recently for your club yet still start is mind boggling. 

2 hours ago, Super said:

If we didn't already know we are stuffed if Kane gets injured. Not sure Watkins is good enough at this level 

Don’t think he is but you can’t judge him on that,you have to judge him and Toney on a proper English side racking up chances in a meaningful game,it’s no good having a opinion on him when all and sundry behind are basically hoping not to get injured in a friendly 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, The Coach said:

Mainoo on. Lad has a bright future. Must also be favourite for United’s player of the season.

Glad to see Gallagher off. I hope that’s the last we see of him in an England shirt this season. Not good enough.

I don’t really know why we bother playing people like him or Lewis Dunk. They’re never going to be good enough so why bother? I appreciate we rotated the squad a bit today, but some players are clearly not international class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Did I miss much?

Tbh there was a bird who literally stood at the bar all game who had a lovely arse(might be sexist but I am a male)so only looked at the screen when the commentators raised their voice,so would be very grateful if you could do one of your stats things(couldn’t care less really but some do)it would be much appreciated 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redkev said:

How & why people go and watch England friendlies at Wembley I don’t know 

Chance to catch up with friends from around the country who support other clubs and who I’ve travelled to previous tournaments with. 
Loyalty points which build up to guaranteeing tickets for the big knockout games in world cups and Euros (‘you’re so lucky to get tickets to that quarter / semi final / final’ - no, its a result of putting in the hard yards at dour friendlies and qualifiers). 
Tonight wasn’t great, and I’d far prefer home games to go on the road around the country, but there are reasons people go!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, redkev said:

CAPS is one big reason 

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

It doesn't but my opinion isn't based on just this game.. 

A lot of overhyped players who aren't as good as our media have you believe 

It’s a massive issue with the way we play, relies heavily on Kane dropping deep and adding to the midfield, we don’t have a like for like if he’s out that’s good enough. My only criticism of Southgate is that we don’t seem to have a Plan B that is good enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, redkev said:

It’s a relatively inexpensive way for families in particular to watch some of the best players in the world in one of the biggest stadiums in the world.

The spectacle of watching England v Brazil at Wembley would not be forgotten by any young person, even if it’s not a particularly great game.

When I say relatively inexpensive - that’s in comparison to a high profile premier league game at a big stadium, which is less easy to get tickets for, tickets are more expensive, and generally requires a club membership to give you a chance of buying one.

An England friendly against a top team is probably the most accessible way of watching elite level footballers.

• Like 2

Both team had senior players missing and not a true reflection of where England are.

The first 45 was surprisingly decent given Southgate’s usual ultra careful style but reverted to type second half.

Friendlies give a Southgate an opportunity to look at different players and I think there are 4 more before the Euros start. By then he’ll hopefully have a fully fit squad available.

10 hours ago, redkev said:

Looked well off the pace , I know Luke shaw was injured aswell but chillwell should have been nowhere near that team tonight how long he has been out surely there is another left footed left back in the prem somewhere, I would have given that Luton fullback ( Doughty  think his name ) a go , but hang on he doesn’t play for one of the big teams 

I've been a fan of Rico Henry since his Walsall days. Still in his mid 20s. Plays regular for Brentford. Southgate very much sticking to his favourites though, as he does with all the positions. 

12 hours ago, Leabrook said:

Picking Maguire over Braithwaite is one of the reasons we won’t win the euros 

I think he’s a bit passed it now, and he’s Danish.

11 hours ago, Super said:

If we didn't already know we are stuffed if Kane gets injured. Not sure Watkins is good enough at this level 

Whilst I probably agree, it’s a little harsh. He had no service all night. I don’t think the result would have been any different with Kane.

10 hours ago, redkev said:

You said you don’t know, then said you do understand?

Lots of reasons, it’s a pleasant atmosphere to take kids (poor atmosphere for a football game though IMO) to see some of the best players in the world, to see one of the best stadiums. Then for a lot of us it’s caps, as @North London Red said I’m not having people tell me I’m lucky in the summer for going to Germany when I’ve had to sit through the likes of that - not to mention to the last 2 qualifiers and the trashing from Hungary at Molineux.

I think last night highlighted that we’re starting to lack quality in depth.

I want to like Gallagher, he seems a decent lad from interviews and he has ability but as someone else said chasing shadows half the game and panicky on the ball.

Maguire and Stones still our best options at the back. Dunk was hopeless. Left back is a real worry too.

I thought last night Brazil defended well and we couldn’t break them down and yet when they went forward we struggled.

It’s not exactly panic stations, especially at this point in the season when no one wants to get injured, March games are always crap.

Lastly, why is it that all over the country every weekend there are clear rules that away fans do not go in home ends, and there’s no chance you’d get away with wearing your colours and cheering goals.

Why is it allowed to happen at Wembley? It’s time England went back on the road for games, the atmosphere is so much better at club grounds. Looking forward to the Bosnia game and my first trip to St James Park.

• Like 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, redkev said:

£3.90 each way on National Express 

Made a day of it with a friend who hadn't seen England at Wembley before, she had an amazing day 

Drinks in the Globe, drinks in Boxpark then onto the game 

Back there at lunchtime for the stadium tiurScreenshot_20240323_224240_Gallery.jpg

20240323_173212.jpg

20240323_184713.jpg

• Like 3